Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Numidia, turn 101 - game instantly crashes when I click on a specific army (in the save, it's Amesggin's right by Atig), or open the Lists or Family Tree scrolls. Appears to be a bugged family member, specifically Amesggin, but can't say for certain.
    Attachment 356170

Also, Meztule has a copy of Naravas' biography trait.

EDIT: Aylimas of Numidia in that save is completely bugged. I attempted to merge another army with that one and saw Aylimas' picture looking like this:
    Attachment 356171

Needless to say, whilst I did manage to exit the panel, the game crashed shortly afterwards. What do?
    What does your error log say after the crash?

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Something similar to that happened to me while doing a campaign in the 2.3 version, where I had unit size in large and the unit info card started to appear as huge. A weird thing indeed
    Did you experience any instability due to that? I don't mind this minor glitch as long as it doesn't mess in the long term with my recently started campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    What does your error log say after the crash?
    It's not creating any logs. I've enable trace, but there are no files being created in my log folder. Absolute zilch.

Numidia, turn 101 - game instantly crashes when I click on a specific army (in the save, it's Amesggin's right by Atig), or open the Lists or Family Tree scrolls. Appears to be a bugged family member, specifically Amesggin, but can't say for certain.
    Attachment 356170

Also, Meztule has a copy of Naravas' biography trait.

EDIT: Aylimas of Numidia in that save is completely bugged. I attempted to merge another army with that one and saw Aylimas' picture looking like this:
    Attachment 356171

Needless to say, whilst I did manage to exit the panel, the game crashed shortly afterwards. What do?
    It's not creating any logs. I've enable trace, but there are no files being created in my log folder. Absolute zilch.
    UPDATE

I was able to play on until I reformed by simply not clicking on the stack. After reforming, I saved the game (attached below), then clicked on the stack and was able to click on Aylimas' icon and look at his stats without the game crashing. Was even able to look around the map a bit afterwards for pirates to sink any fleet he's on. Game did however hang whilst trying to exit to menu and I had to manually close it via Task Manager, but it is progress of a sort. Is it possible to kill a family member via console? Would be quite useful.

Numidia reformed.7z

Still no logging though. Not sure what's up with that.

There is the kill_character command, but I suspect it might be a script-only one.

There is the kill_character command, but I suspect it might be a script-only one.
    Gave it a try and yeah, it's not a default command. It's still playable, and if I don't click on him I can still exit normally, but I'll have to poke around some more first for solutions.

Hello,

Very good work. I love this new version.

But I have a question.

In my first campaign with EB II 2.35, I'm playing the Aedui.

Due to an unexpected war with the Auernoi, I couldn't conquer quickly the Armorikos.

When I conquer this province, I saw that there was 12% of Eleutheroi culture, 20% of Pastoral tribalism culture and only 68% of western tribal states culture. It seem that something convert to Eleutheroi culture, the settlements holding by the ELeuthoroi.

Is-it intended ?

It's a problem, because I can't build a confereration government, and I can't recruit the armorican nobles (the problem is the same with the head hunter in Tolosa).

Rebel and Allied governments convert to Eleutheroi, and that's intentional. You'll have to wait until WTS rises to the requisite level.

Gave it a try and yeah, it's not a default command. It's still playable, and if I don't click on him I can still exit normally, but I'll have to poke around some more first for solutions.
    Found the problem. There are three mangled portraits in the mods\ebii\data\ui\cul_7\portraits\portraits\old\rel_b_generals folder.

Here's a quick-fix solution which is savegame compatible:

1) Delete files 012.tga, 016.tga, and 022.tga from the mods\ebii\data\ui\cul_7\portraits\portraits\old\rel_b_generals folder.

2) Copy files 012.tga, 016.tga, and 022.tga from the mods\ebii\data\ui\cul_7\portraits\portraits\young\rel_b_generals folder into the "old" folder.

Your game should load correctly, without any issues.
    EBII Council

I noticed that Iranian Axemen-Eranag Payadag i Taparan-were omitted when switching to prec attribute for heavy infantry with javelins. They have 2 ammo as they should have, but no prec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I noticed that Iranian Axemen-Eranag Payadag i Taparan-were omitted when switching to prec attribute for heavy infantry with javelins. They have 2 ammo as they should have, but no prec.
    Good catch, I'll update.

I have noticed that the phalanx formation was not activated by default for the historical battles (at least fot the battles i have tested). It's volontary?

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    I have noticed that the phalanx formation was not activated by default for the historical battles (at least fot the battles i have tested). It's volontary?
    Ah, that will be a consequence of not having written BAI for them.

Ivir Baggins, could you try to unzip this into your M2TW folder and see if that fixes the problem seen in your post 320? I believe the cause is the mangled image that you posted, and I have fixed the three images that had the problem in that zip.

Kull's posted solution above is sort of the same thing, but this one will use the proper images instead of duplicating the young portraits into the old.
    Last edited by bovi; December 13, 2018 at 08:02 AM.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

1) your link for "this" doesn't go anywhere.
    2) I have genuinely no idea how - probably because I loaded a non-mangled save from 70 turns prior idk - but Aylimas' picture has been fixed and the game no longer complains:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aylimas fixed.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	1,012.8 KB 
ID:	356241

2) I have genuinely no idea how - probably because I loaded a non-mangled save from 70 turns prior idk - but Aylimas' picture has been fixed and the game no longer complains:
    That is not a Numidian portrait, but 012.tga in the rel_g subfolder (carthage). There is ZERO doubt that 012.tga, 016.tga, and 022.tga in the rel_b (pre-reform Numidia) folder are messed up, and they will cause a CTD if any are assigned to one of your FMs. If you haven't implemented my fix, the next CTD is only a matter of time.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    That is not a Numidian portrait, but 012.tga in the rel_g subfolder (carthage). There is ZERO doubt that 012.tga, 016.tga, and 022.tga in the rel_b (pre-reform Numidia) folder are messed up, and they will cause a CTD if any are assigned to one of your FMs. If you haven't implemented my fix, the next CTD is only a matter of time.
    Fixed it now. Those files were mangled in my folder, incidentally.

Ah, that will be a consequence of not having written BAI for them.
    It's not related to the lack of BAI. In descr_battle.txt, there is a "battle section", and the "formation_type" is everywhere "square". I have never used the editor, but i imagine that "square" is used by default. Once the "formation_type" edited, it works without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    It's not related to the lack of BAI. In descr_battle.txt, there is a "battle section", and the "formation_type" is everywhere "square". I have never used the editor, but i imagine that "square" is used by default. Once the "formation_type" edited, it works without problem.
    You know more than I, I didn't write the Historical Battles. Is it as simple as editing the formation_type?

The list of valid types according to the EDU is:
    Code:
    square, horde, schiltrom, shield_wall, phalanx, testudo, or wedge
    EDIT: Apparently it is that simple. I'll update them.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 14, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

1) your link for "this" doesn't go anywhere.
    Hm. That's really weird, the link is actually there but it doesn't actually register when you click it. Let's try a non-named link: https://www.file-upload.net/download-13430468/2.3.5tgahotfix.zip.html

Edit: That one works for me.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking