Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

This is a fairly old bug(I kept forgetting to report it in 2.2 but it is still in 2.3. Highways on the campaign maps have invisible bridges unlike paved and dirt roads which have bridges.
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

As always great work. I'm having lots of fun with my first Getai campaign. I think I've found a minor issue however. When the Skythians invade and are successfully defeated in Histrie, the tribute message comes up twice. I believe you get paid both the 3000 for a successful battle plus the default 500. Looking at the script it looks like SkythaiSlain counter gets reset to 0 after the first payment and therefore triggers the token 500 payment. Maybe this is as intended but I suspect its an oversight.

; Tribute - only if Histrie Rebel
    if I_EventCounter ecAutumn > 0 ; it's autumn
    and I_SettlementOwner sett_078 = slave ; Histrie is Independent
    if I_EventCounter SkythaiSlain > 0 ; a raid has been defeated
    add_money f_getai 3000 ; large tribute paid
    historic_event HE_HISTRIE_TRIBUTE factions { f_getai, } ; telling the player they're getting paid
    set_event_counter SkythaiSlain 0 ; reset
    end_if
    if I_EventCounter SkythaiSlain < 1 ; no raid has been defeated
    add_money f_getai 500 ; token tribute paid
    historic_event HE_HISTRIE_TRIBUTE factions { f_getai, } ; telling the player they're getting paid
    end_if
    end_if

Quote Originally Posted by Seimour View Post
    This is a fairly old bug(I kept forgetting to report it in 2.2 but it is still in 2.3. Highways on the campaign maps have invisible bridges unlike paved and dirt roads which have bridges.
    Thanks for the report. Another team member fixed that in dev. It'll be in 2.3a.

Quote Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
    As always great work. I'm having lots of fun with my first Getai campaign. I think I've found a minor issue however. When the Skythians invade and are successfully defeated in Histrie, the tribute message comes up twice. I believe you get paid both the 3000 for a successful battle plus the default 500. Looking at the script it looks like SkythaiSlain counter gets reset to 0 after the first payment and therefore triggers the token 500 payment. Maybe this is as intended but I suspect its an oversight.

; Tribute - only if Histrie Rebel
    if I_EventCounter ecAutumn > 0 ; it's autumn
    and I_SettlementOwner sett_078 = slave ; Histrie is Independent
    if I_EventCounter SkythaiSlain > 0 ; a raid has been defeated
    add_money f_getai 3000 ; large tribute paid
    set_event_counter SkythaiSlain 0 ; reset
    end_if
    if I_EventCounter SkythaiSlain < 1 ; no raid has been defeated
    add_money f_getai 500 ; token tribute paid
    end_if
    end_if

Thanks. Fixed in Dev. Will be in 2.3a. I just put the 500 block first if you want to fix it yourself (will break your saves) in the meantime.

Crap, good catch. I should switch the order of them.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Crap, good catch. I should switch the order of them.
    Too slow

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Too slow
    You did exactly what I would have done, too. Great minds, or fools rarely differ - take your pick.

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

I have CTD during battle loading between Roman army and my Carthage army. CTD with battle loading very often. This is log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex1987; October 25, 2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Candidate of sociological sciences. RUSSIAN LIBERAL OPPOSITIONIST AND ACTIVIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1987 View Post
    I have CTD during battle loading between Roman army and my Carthage army. CTD with battle loading very often. This is log.
    Code:
    22:56:47.517 [game.script] [always] Battle Loading
    22:57:23.729 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    For an android, Sir, that's an eternity

Unfortunately not much information here. Can you try it again with trace mode active? (see the release announce post. Basically move the # from the 'trace' line to the 'error' line in eb2.cfg and restart the game). But it might just be memory related.

CTD with KH when trying to load save file.

When I try to load a save file it does a weird loading screen change for a second and game crashes immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinucis View Post
    CTD with KH when trying to load save file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinucis View Post
    When I try to load a save file it does a weird loading screen change for a second and game crashes immediately.
    Without a log, I'm afraid it could be absolutely anything.

Though my money is on a corrupted save.

1. Could you remove the multiple "eligible for quaestorship" traits as they don't seem to be necessary and it's annoying to get like a dozen notifications when 2 family members get it.

2. There doesn't seem to be an "eligible for plebeian tribune" trait in the game. I dunno if this is intended but since plebeian tribune forces the character to stay at rome for a year, it would be useful to know if you are eligible so that you don't accidentally move to rome at winter turn and then be stuck there.

3. Could you make the RomanMilitaryService trait visible? It would make micromanaging so much easier and it would make sense that you know how long these guys have been in the "service".
    Last edited by Poppis; October 27, 2017 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    1. Could you remove the multiple "eligible for quaestorship" traits as they don't seem to be necessary and it's annoying to get like a dozen notifications when 2 family members get it.
    1. There are 4 tiers of that trait if you read them carefully. You need to be notified when a character becomes eligible so you can move him, and getting notified when he ticks over to the next tier of that trait is also essential, or you will have to be scanning your family members all the time to see if they've completed all the military service required. Using the Quaestor eligiblity traits to keep track (ticks up every 2.5 years, same time as a Roman Military Service tick) is a great way to keep an eye on their progress. If you adopt/marry in someone who already has some military service but is younger than 26, then when they turn 26, they are eligible for multiple levels at a time. This is simply a consequence of each level having its own gain message, and changing this would be a big disservice to reducing micromanagement. Having to see one guy gain multiple levels at once is a small price to pay.

2. There doesn't seem to be an "eligible for plebeian tribune" trait in the game. I dunno if this is intended but since plebeian tribune forces the character to stay at rome for a year, it would be useful to know if you are eligible so that you don't accidentally move to rome at winter turn and then be stuck there.
    Possibly an oversight? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't have three tiers (eligible, current, former) like the two types of Aedile do. Don't you mean the other way around, though? You'd want to know so he didn't miss out on the office, not so you could avoid him getting elected. The Cursus Honorum is your friend.

3. Could you make the RomanMilitaryService trait visible? It would make micromanaging so much easier and it would make sense that you know how long these guys have been in the "service".
    I have a submod that does that, but I haven't updated it for 2.3 yet. I'd support making it visible. I think the idea was it's just a tracker trait and those tend to be hidden, but yeah, it's useful. I use the Quaestor gain notices to keep track though, generally.

Possibly an oversight? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't have three tiers (eligible, current, former) like the two types of Aedile do. Don't you mean the other way around, though? You'd want to know so he didn't miss out on the office, not so you could avoid him getting elected. The Cursus Honorum is your friend.
    Well you don't wanna accidentally get it and be stuck for 4 turns, since it might disrupt your other plans for that character.

1. There are 4 tiers of that trait if you read them carefully. You need to be notified when a character becomes eligible so you can move him, and getting notified when he ticks over to the next tier of that trait is also essential, or you will have to be scanning your family members all the time to see if they've completed all the military service required. Using the Quaestor eligiblity traits to keep track (ticks up every 2.5 years, same time as a Roman Military Service tick) is a great way to keep an eye on their progress. If you adopt/marry in someone who already has some military service but is younger than 26, then when they turn 26, they are eligible for multiple levels at a time. This is simply a consequence of each level having its own gain message, and changing this would be a big disservice to reducing micromanagement. Having to see one guy gain multiple levels at once is a small price to pay.

I have a submod that does that, but I haven't updated it for 2.3 yet. I'd support making it visible. I think the idea was it's just a tracker trait and those tend to be hidden, but yeah, it's useful. I use the Quaestor gain notices to keep track though, generally.
    Huh, I never thought they were meant for helping you micromanage your FMs. I just find the notifications way too annoying. I'd much rather have visible RomanMilitaryService and no multiple messages but I suppose it depends on your playstyle.

Well, if you don't get a message when they go up a tier in Quaestor eligibility (which has knock-on effects for their whole career...), then how will you know it's time to pull them back from the front and put them in Rome to start climbing the tree? Are you going to go check all your family members each turn or every few turns and scroll down all their lines of traits to see? That would drive me insane. Compared to having to scroll past 4 notices at once every once in a while, I think it's way, way better.

Hello,

Saba campaign, around year 233 BC, I get a CTD during battle when fighting a siege battle against rebels in Mleiha, Eastern Arabia. I am the attacker and I have 3 battering rams and 6 siege towers. I have made three attempts at playing the battle with the same armies involved, all of them ended in CTD during battle. I have played both field and siege battles (in other Arab settlements) in this campaign before, with similar and often bigger army sizes, never had any CTDs.

I am playing with a slightly modified EDU since the start of the campaign, I just made bigger unit size for most shock infantry and javelin skirmishers, plus bigger unit size and 2 hp for bodyguards, but everything else is vanilla EBII 2.3.

I attach the full log, with trace mode active. I suspect a memory issue but I'm not sure; I have played other siege battles in the campaign against camps and wooden palisade settlements, but the Mleiha settlement is large town level (walkable wooden wall).

cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There's nothing unusual in that log, unfortunately.

Well, if you don't get a message when they go up a tier in Quaestor eligibility (which has knock-on effects for their whole career...), then how will you know it's time to pull them back from the front and put them in Rome to start climbing the tree? Are you going to go check all your family members each turn or every few turns and scroll down all their lines of traits to see? That would drive me insane. Compared to having to scroll past 4 notices at once every once in a while, I think it's way, way better.
    The thing is that the only difference between the different "eligible for quaestorship" traits is the percentage chance to get elected. Many of the other roman offices also have different chances of getting elected based on the circumstances(like whether you are wealthy or not). Yet none of the other offices have multiple "eligible for..." traits. I don't see why quaestorship should be any different.

Also, with the current system you would have to wait until age 26 when you get the notifications to know how many levels you have and whether you should still stay in the field, whereas with visible RomanMilitaryService you could check your level any time you want and so plan you movements years in advance.
    Last edited by Poppis; October 28, 2017 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There's nothing unusual in that log, unfortunately.
    Hello again, thanks for your reply; I have made another attempt, same campaign, same armies, same city: I broke siege and then besieged again, but this time I built only battering rams, no siege towers. Then I played the siege battle and all went ok, no CTDs. Could this be a coincidence? Maybe the siege towers were the culprit?

cheers

Tiro

Hello,

I am playing KH campaign 2.3 H/M. Couple more minor issues i fount.

+ When i conquered Pella, the last makedon army that was close to Epeiros province went rebel. When i scout it i see there is one unit of "agema phalangitai" that lacks the unit card as rebeld.
    https://imgur.com/a/8806n

+ I think this is a known old issue but there is still an impassable river crossing in Boii-Scheboz area. When i hoover the mouse on it it says "low mountains". Dunno if the Team has a map modder able to fix it.
    https://imgur.com/a/n8wEc

+ Surfing the building browser i see the phalangitai lacks the picture when checking the "sympoliteia hellenon" factional goverment. I know browser isnt like is working perfect ever..
    https://imgur.com/a/axMv9

+ KH reform is working pretty good so far. I was very lucky to find the polis_3 already built when i conquered Pella early in game. That helped a lot.
    https://imgur.com/a/AnIKT

+ I got the event of "Kretan mercenaries" i declined since i didnt want my recruiment depleted. But it fired.
    https://imgur.com/a/CnFzn

+ Question about civic strafe. It doesnt matter the goverment i have in city, everytime i check the "civic strafe" building info says ever the same:
    https://imgur.com/a/F7UJt
    Same messagge with kh1, kh2, kh3, kh4 and kh7 governments.
    And i dont know how to interpret it. Do i have the malus ever? then do i have the bonus ever? bonus only applies if the right goverment is built? if thats the case, shouldnt that msg about bonus only appear with the right goverment?

Regards:

melvidh