Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

I moved on from this error a few dozen turns ago by forcing mak to become a vassal, but when I tried to Pella, which would have destroyed mak, everytime after the battle it would bring up the three options to do with the prisoners, then when I select one of those options the game would CTD. I tried all 3 options and always the same result, tried to reload the turn, same result.

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by madmatg View Post
    I moved on from this error a few dozen turns ago by forcing mak to become a vassal, but when I tried to Pella, which would have destroyed mak, everytime after the battle it would bring up the three options to do with the prisoners, then when I select one of those options the game would CTD. I tried all 3 options and always the same result, tried to reload the turn, same result.
    Are the FL and FH both in the settlement? There's a bug with both of them dying in the same turn we've only just found a solution to, which will be in play.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Are the FL and FH both in the settlement? There's a bug with both of them dying in the same turn we've only just found a solution to, which will be in play.
    They were both in the settlement yes, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by madmatg View Post
    They were both in the settlement yes, thanks!
    All I can suggest for the time being is to leave them be. Use Force Diplomacy to make them a Protectorate, or simply get a ceasefire and Trade Rights if that feels excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    Also, I wanted to point out that it seems like the new Lancetai unit is a little too fast. They even out ran my greek slingers unit.
    +1
    I haven't checked game files but their movement speed is certainly way too fast. They run much faster than any other infantry I've seen so far (Celtiberian, Gallic, eastern Celtic, Roman, Greek, Libyan). On the battle map it's hard not to notice they're bugged in my opinion, whatever number the animation speed says.

Quote Originally Posted by wojtekimbier View Post
    +1
    I haven't checked game files but their movement speed is certainly way too fast. They run much faster than any other infantry I've seen so far (Celtiberian, Gallic, eastern Celtic, Roman, Greek, Libyan). On the battle map it's hard not to notice they're bugged in my opinion, whatever number the animation speed says.
    Their movement speed is 1.1, same as countless other javelineers, and slower than Greek slingers.

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

A minor bug in 2.35. Alexandros Antigonides recieves two biography traits upon coming of age, the second one belongs to his brother Demetrios, who recieved it as well.

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    A minor bug in 2.35. Alexandros Antigonides recieves two biography traits upon coming of age, the second one belongs to his brother Demetrios, who recieved it as well.
    There were a few of these thrown up in playtesting; thought we'd caught them all. I'll pass it along.

Another minor. Dual client ruler recruitment as Makedonia in Epidamnos, could recruit both Hellenic and Italian client ruler.

Another minor. Dual client ruler recruitment as Makedonia in Epidamnos, could recruit both Hellenic and Italian client ruler.
    Not a bug, intended that you can choose which sort you'd prefer. Generally the player wouldn't be able to afford both, and the building only has one recruitment slot.

That's probably not a mistake but a consequence of Italic influences in that region

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    That's probably not a mistake but a consequence of Italic influences in that region
    If the query is why there's an Italic Client in Illyria, that's because we've used them for everywhere bordering the Adriatic. We only have 13 Client Ruler units for the whole map, so we've had to spread them quite thinly to areas that are "close enough".

It takes more than one turn to build next level of government, so it's possible to get both.

Sadly, my very first battle of this patch ended with a CTD. It was just a simple skirmish against some eleutheroi as the Boii. I've done my research on the memory of the game executable, and had done so for my previous installation of the game last patch, had very few post-battle CTDs in 2.3. The only mod I'm using is my own EUD mod, which only changes unit descriptions, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoshakespeare View Post
    Sadly, my very first battle of this patch ended with a CTD. It was just a simple skirmish against some eleutheroi as the Boii. I've done my research on the memory of the game executable, and had done so for my previous installation of the game last patch, had very few post-battle CTDs in 2.3. The only mod I'm using is my own EUD mod, which only changes unit descriptions, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    Is it repeatable? If so, then a trace-enable log file would help.
    EBII Council

I have a question regarding the number of troops: I have set troop number on huge, but somehow the units' info cards in the recruitment section show half of the correct amount (e.g. 80 instead of 160). I've had no trouble during battles since the units are represented with their correct numbers, but I can't help but wonder what would cause this "glitch". I'm leaving a screenshot to show this: https://imgur.com/a/ZEtda7N

Quote Originally Posted by Chikiflin View Post
    I have a question regarding the number of troops: I have set troop number on huge, but somehow the units' info cards in the recruitment section show half of the correct amount (e.g. 80 instead of 160). I've had no trouble during battles since the units are represented with their correct numbers, but I can't help but wonder what would cause this "glitch". I'm leaving a screenshot to show this: https://imgur.com/a/ZEtda7N
    That is extremely odd. Have you applies any modifications to your game?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    That is extremely odd. Have you applies any modifications to your game?
    No, I haven't; just regular clean installation via the installer. What's funny is that the only thing affected is the troop number, note that cost and upkeep remain the same (as if it considers the recruitment section to be on normal scale). If I right click the already recruited unit info card it shows the correct number; and I repeat: battles run normally on huge scale despite this glitch. Furthermore, I have played several battles and I haven't encountered any mayor and/or constant crashes (except one which was probably caused by alt-tabbing).

Quote Originally Posted by Chikiflin View Post
    Something similar to that happened to me while doing a campaign in the 2.3 version, where I had unit size in large and the unit info card started to appear as huge. A weird thing indeed

Numidia, turn 101 - game instantly crashes when I click on a specific army (in the save, it's Amesggin's right by Atig), or open the Lists or Family Tree scrolls. Appears to be a bugged family member, specifically Amesggin, but can't say for certain.
    Quicksave.7z

Also, Meztule has a copy of Naravas' biography trait.

EDIT: Aylimas of Numidia in that save is completely bugged. I attempted to merge another army with that one and saw Aylimas' picture looking like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aylimas.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	356171

Needless to say, whilst I did manage to exit the panel, the game crashed shortly afterwards. What do?
    Last edited by Ivir Baggins; December 07, 2018 at 02:24 AM.