Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Graphical glitch with Skaplinai (SP ?): If zoomed out it looks like they have their shields off their backs and axes in hand, when zooming in closer they have their slings out and shields on back, this only happens when they should have equipped the slings. Also weird mesh (or normal maps, no idea about anything like this) on the feathered helmet variation, one side very shiny the other very dark, similar problem occurs with one of the helmet models of the Zibultai ( again SP ? Would check in Recruitment Viewer but their names dont show up in there, one of many units affected by this).

Another small but annoying one is the game always reducing the graphic quality from highest to high if I start the game, regardless how I end it.
    Last edited by Marvzilla; December 15, 2018 at 05:59 PM.

Default Re: v2.35 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

As for the graphic quality...always make sure both ebii.cfg and medieval2.preference.cfg are set to read only after you finish editing them to get highest quality.

I suppose the graphic bug is related to that, sprites aren't nearly as good as 3D models.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Thanks, the first tip worked I forgot it after all the time having to edit something for MTW 2. I play the game in highest, even before that. The problem is zoomed out the unit appears as being ready for melee while zoomed in it correctly shows them using slings. After the edit the error naturally persists, it seems something with the models wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Graphical glitch with Skaplinai (SP ?): If zoomed out it looks like they have their shields off their backs and axes in hand, when zooming in closer they have their slings out and shields on back, this only happens when they should have equipped the slings.
    Units can only have one set of sprites (which is what you're seeing with the far zoomed-out view), which will be in one of their configurations.

Nothing we can do about that, it's only noticeable with the Skaplinai because they have slung shields, where lots of units have their shield in the same position regardless of whether using primary or secondary weapon.

Hello, i have a problem, it's impossible to recruit the helevetii phalanx at Raition as Aedui.
    In the recruitment viewer building required is Allied State. but in the game it's not possible

Quote Originally Posted by merzhin View Post
    Hello, i have a problem, it's impossible to recruit the helevetii phalanx at Raition as Aedui.
    In the recruitment viewer building required is Allied State. but in the game it's not possible
    They appear with the late reform. It's the same for all Retainer-grade units in the Allied State.

I should probably remove it, though it would mean the Celtic pools in there are slightly oversized at the start.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 16, 2018 at 07:12 AM.

Hello,

In my first campaign with the Aedui, I have a problem with the succession system.

At the start of the game, I have choose one of my young FM with very good traits (and good influence).

Since the start of the game, there was three successions. And three times, he didn't become Faction Heir. The Heir are each time the son of the previous heir, with bad traits and no influence.

I know that it not systematic, but it happen three times. Is the succession system bugged ? Or am I very unlucky with this family member ?

The new traits system is much more complexe, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Hello,

In my first campaign with the Aedui, I have a problem with the succession system.

At the start of the game, I have choose one of my young FM with very good traits (and good influence).

Since the start of the game, there was three successions. And three times, he didn't become Faction Heir. The Heir are each time the son of the previous heir, with bad traits and no influence.

I know that it not systematic, but it happen three times. Is the succession system bugged ? Or am I very unlucky with this family member ?

The new traits system is much more complexe, but I like it.
    He had the ancillary from your FL, but didn't become the next FH?

Yes. And he kept the ancillary until his death.

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Yes. And he kept the ancillary until his death.
    Noted. There is a "hidden" successor system that wasn't removed when the new one was implemented. The team will discuss this.
    EBII Council

campaign_script.txt has a typo at line 5528

Roman Curus Honorum Explanation
    should say Cusrus?!

Regards,
    XSamatan

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    campaign_script.txt has a typo at line 5528

should say Cusrus?!
    no, Cursus

There is an error in the description of the Strategiai for the Armenians at the end where it's the same as the Strategiai for Pontos.

Here :

Civis

Not sure if this is an actual bug but this seemed the best place to post this. The legs of hippeis riders are super far apart, there is like half a metre clearance between legs and horse and looks super weird, like they're floating on the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyathon View Post
    Not sure if this is an actual bug but this seemed the best place to post this. The legs of hippeis riders are super far apart, there is like half a metre clearance between legs and horse and looks super weird, like they're floating on the horse.
    Can you screenshot it?

Pergamon, H/M. Game freezes when Ptolemaioi kick Nabatu out of Memphis and Alexandria, hanging for over half an hour when Nabatu hordes as a result. The previous two times that Nabatu horded, I didn't have this problem, so not entirely sure why it's taking so long to horde them this time. Is it because they're losing two cities on the same turn?

Pergamon.7z

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Pergamon, H/M. Game freezes when Ptolemaioi kick Nabatu out of Memphis and Alexandria, hanging for over half an hour when Nabatu hordes as a result. The previous two times that Nabatu horded, I didn't have this problem, so not entirely sure why it's taking so long to horde them this time. Is it because they're losing two cities on the same turn?

Pergamon.7z
    Hording can take a long time, how long have you left it for? Have you tried giving it an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Hording can take a long time, how long have you left it for? Have you tried giving it an hour?
    Haven't had the chance to give it that long, what with it not running when tabbed out, so I'll have to make sure to leave it on tomorrow while I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Haven't had the chance to give it that long, what with it not running when tabbed out, so I'll have to make sure to leave it on tomorrow while I'm out.
    Don't bother, its not a Horde problem per se. I took a look at the activity with FoW off and compared the visuals with the error log. The faction does horde, but almost immediately it goes rebel and then the game freezes. We'll have to look more closely at this to see what's going on. I suspect that even if we find the cause, it won't be a save-game compatible fix. I suggest you use gangster19's solution (below) to kill Nabatuu before hitting end turn.

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    It looks like I found a way around! I used the cheat surrender_regions f_baktria and it turned a rebel settlement (they only had that one left). The turn went on and Taksashila captured the settlement. I didn't realize it was the last Baktrian settlement and it caused some kind of crash. Looks like I'll keep going with my campaign! Thanks for the ideas!
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Don't bother, its not a Horde problem per se. I took a look at the activity with FoW off and compared the visuals with the error log. The faction does horde, but almost immediately it goes rebel and then the game freezes. We'll have to look more closely at this to see what's going on. I suspect that even if we find the cause, it won't be a save-game compatible fix. I suggest you use gangster19's solution (below) to kill Nabatuu before hitting end turn.
    Did that, Nabatu horded, game worked.