Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

I Have a question: Has this patch fixed the javelin range of units. I really think all javelins seem to have too short a range considering heavy javelins had a range of 20-30 metres and light javelins up to 50 and some even further than arrows.

I am trying to install the game, however, I keep running into this:

Please insert Disk 1 and click OK

If the files on this disck can be found in a folder other than one displayed below, enter the correct path or click Browse

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO3D20.tmp

Do I need a disk to run installation?

Quote Originally Posted by spanish_emperor View Post
    I Have a question: Has this patch fixed the javelin range of units. I really think all javelins seem to have too short a range considering heavy javelins had a range of 20-30 metres and light javelins up to 50 and some even further than arrows.
    It fixed precursor javelins, but not skirmisher javelins. Try this EDU tweak, which fixes the latter (but may not be savegame compatible).

Hi, long time lurker (since EB 1.0 or so), *very* infrequent poster...

Have just tried updating to 2.01 and now getting a crash before the initial load screen. Reverting back to 2.0 to confirm that this still works OK (it did previously). Not able to get much by way of debug as it's crashing out so quickly. Please let me know if there's a way to capture some info

Quote Originally Posted by smorse72 View Post
    Hi, long time lurker (since EB 1.0 or so), *very* infrequent poster...

Have just tried updating to 2.01 and now getting a crash before the initial load screen. Reverting back to 2.0 to confirm that this still works OK (it did previously). Not able to get much by way of debug as it's crashing out so quickly. Please let me know if there's a way to capture some info
    Definitely working on reverting to 2.0, so something has gone astray in the upgrade

Dance, you need to extract the installer before running. Says so in the instructions, and in the stickied installation problems summary.

Smorse, have you by any chance retained the EBII.cfg from your 2.0 installation? Or maybe you had a read-only EBII.cfg when uninstalling 2.0, which would have the same effect. You need to use the new EBII.cfg in 2.01.

If you haven't done anything to that file (or installed 2.01 before uninstalling 2.0), you can try to run using the launcher. Or try the cine-edit batch file instead (note that doing this will overwrite your cfg file).

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

So I am having an issue where when I try to install the mod, I have all the bin files and the APP, I try and launch the app but it either says it cannot find itself, or that I do not have access to this file even as running admin, tried from game front as well as mod DB, both times this has happened. what do I do to counter this?
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Sounds weird, but if you've extracted the zip in a weird place, I suppose that could explain it. Try doing it in C:\temp if you haven't done so already. Or maybe it's an antivirus program or something else restricting access to the file somehow?

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hello! I played the first EB and it was great. Now I want to try this one out, but I can't find the full screen option. Can you help? My monitor is too small for windowed mode. I can't see anything.

Go to your EBII.cfg and where it says windowed_mode=1 replace the 1 with a 0. Repeat for borderless_window=1.

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thank you very much for the prompt response.

I am extracting but nothing is showing up in my downloads file. Then when I go to install the game I get an insert disk message. Even when I try to extract to a new folder made specifically for 2.01 the folder is created but it remains empty. I'm not very good at this stuff and this is frustrating please help.

Quote Originally Posted by TJSTRONG87 View Post
    I am extracting but nothing is showing up in my downloads file. Then when I go to install the game I get an insert disk message. Even when I try to extract to a new folder made specifically for 2.01 the folder is created but it remains empty. I'm not very good at this stuff and this is frustrating please help.
    FIXED

Now I have a new question. Ever since I downloaded 2.01 the game is only in the corner of my computer screen and the desktop appears everywhere else. How do I fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    I am trying to install the game, however, I keep running into this:

Please insert Disk 1 and click OK

If the files on this disck can be found in a folder other than one displayed below, enter the correct path or click Browse

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO3D20.tmp

Do I need a disk to run installation?
    i have this problem too

I answered Dance in post 166, it applies equally to you.

================
    ================

ok thank i haven t read that post...

You know what I really want? That website with detailed descriptions of units and factions (overview, history, etc.). That EB 1 had.

I'm downloading right now, so I'll report back on how it runs (and any program explosions that happen).

Is anyone else getting it only covering about a third of the screen?

From top left corner to be specific

Quote Originally Posted by Mori no Kuma View Post
    Is anyone else getting it only covering about a third of the screen?

From top left corner to be specific
    See here.