Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Dear alin and EB2 team, first let me express my apologies for any offense taken at my comments above. I'm a big fan of your work and as someone who has dabbled in M2TW modding I have the utmost respect in what you have achieved thus far. I think your campaign is brilliant, with huge variety and new features. My only criticism ( which I meant to be constructive ) was to do with the colours of battlefields. I do respect the fact that you, unlike most mods, have reworked the vegetation and textures of battlefields. I just feel the colours are a tad too bright - which makes the battlefield feel a little less realistic in my opinion. At any rate thanks for the brilliant mod and the quick update to version 2.01 and I look forward to your future improvements. Once again apologies for any unintended offense. Cheers
    Thank you. Yes, I was the only person involved on the vegetation that also had to work in many other areas.
    Thus, I just didn't have the time to tweak it and review it until after the release.

But I did note your and others feedback about the ground vegetation(just the grass and ground), it's too colorful and utopic in some areas, I do plan to change that for the next patch.

As Taksashila i recived a KH congress message. they had been eliminated 30-40 turns earlier. When the message came up the picture was a Mesopotamian bass relief of a person with a very long beard.

Thanks for your help guys. Over time, I've been having a lot of trouble with mods in all games, Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2 and Rome II, because of the unclear and conflicting instructions. EB2 is working with a small delay between the EB II screen and the beginning of the initiating film (of the white ruins). That's one reason why I was asking if I should have unzipped everything in the M2TW mods folder. Anyway, frustration is something I need to be more patient with. It seems that with the pleasures that computers bring, frustrations and delays come as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    As Taksashila i recived a KH congress message. they had been eliminated 30-40 turns earlier. When the message came up the picture was a Mesopotamian bass relief of a person with a very long beard.
    Can you verify that you have this occur in 2.01 (as opposed to 2.0) and that you have not loaded a 2.0 savegame in 2.01?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Dear Bovi

I started a new campaign because i am making faction progressions. So i have CAI3a, BAI1 and moros faster battles installed.

SAKA FM
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

how else can i verify? if i find the message again ill take another screenshot

Thanks for sharing!!!

will moros faster battles will affect other tweakings done with this version?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    how else can i verify?
    I just wanted you to confirm that it's not something caused by 2.0, and words would be enough - the pic even more so, thanks.

This means that the fix for the messages in 2.01 was incomplete (or didn't do anything at all).

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    This other guy reported getting the mod to run using the cine-edit bat file, for some reason. You could try that before reinstalling. Note that it will probably overwrite your EBII.cfg, so take a backup of that first.

Yesss that what I just didi yesterday !! it workd fine, i didn't take a backup for the cfg file, anyway i think i'll not be able to launch it with the shortcut anymore, i'll wait for the next release i guess... thank you once again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    will moros faster battles will affect other tweakings done with this version?
    Not really, it's just four figures in battle_config.xml. The default in 2.01 is 0.35, where it was 0.22 in 2.0. The 2.0 version of Faster Battles increased it to 0.44.

Civis

hello, nice mod

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    Thanks for your help guys. Over time, I've been having a lot of trouble with mods in all games, Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2 and Rome II, because of the unclear and conflicting instructions. EB2 is working with a small delay between the EB II screen and the beginning of the initiating film (of the white ruins). That's one reason why I was asking if I should have unzipped everything in the M2TW mods folder. Anyway, frustration is something I need to be more patient with. It seems that with the pleasures that computers bring, frustrations and delays come as well.
    hey look have we got here

good luck in understanding computers
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Do we now have the Polybian reforms, and the Marian reforms. Also if that is true then how do you get them?

Not yet.

Hey. I'm getting a persistent crash when skirmishers throw their javelins. Not sure if it's just one model, but it is definitely the javelin launching animation. Reinstalled the mod but still have same problem. Installed GEM too, not sure if that is causing problems. Anyone got any ideas?

^ It's the caucus spearmen model that is causing the crash

Im not a fan of the new hoarding thing when you capture a factions last settlement... this is what im talking about

Took sweboz last city after a costly war and this massive horde appears out of nowhere... it makes the factions very difficult to destroy

I am a big fan of it, I think it should be very difficult indeed to kill a faction off.

More to the point, what are you doing trying to blitz the Sweboz out of existence barely 20 turns in? Frankly that leaves me with very little sympathy for your position.

Gotta say i agree with QS, have been playing Carthage, and it is very immersive that you are kinda forced to think twice when attacking such factions. Normally i'd blitz Massylia in the first 10 turns as Carthage and end my worries, but since they can horde, i had to ally with them. Its turn 70 and it is nice that i still have to keep an eye out in north africa, specially since i dont have the stacks to fill sicily, iberia AND my home region. I'll only attack and take their 2 cities (excluding their captial) when Iberia is more secure, and even then i'll try to vassalize them. And not worry about that damn horde.

It is also nice that with that, i'll have to try and vassalize Lusotannan since i dont know they can horde as well (probably, i guess). Since of course my only full stack in there (which now, after two major victories against 2 lusotannan full stacks, that stack of mine is depleted) isnt strong enough to hold back the horde.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

i agree with QS and wulf..i am also using a garrison script and its even harder
    ...and trying to wipe sweboz out at the start is a no no in my book.