Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    There is nothing wrong in the installation instructions. Download, extract, run exe. That's all you need to know. Any superfluous information would only add confusion, not reduce it.
    Yes i confirm, you're right nothing more simple than that! but in my case, EBII first release was working just fine but since i uninstalled it yesterday and installed the 2.01 i couldn't run it and i don't know why? but i noticed that the window (all black) ,when i launch EB2 non Steam shortcut, remains empty, you can see the picture in a previous message on this page ... maybe you have a little idea ...

Hello all,

For future releases I thought adding some gaia wildlife (eg crows vultures scavenging of corpes, or big cats killing off routing units) might give a nice additional value to the overall gaming experience.

Haven't played the game yet since my pc is too old but congratulations to the EB team members for their endurance and great work.

warm regards to all

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Please fix Bactria tribute and independence script. Currently i use an unofficial fix.

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

There is nothing wrong in the installation instructions. Download, extract, run exe. That's all you need to know. Any superfluous information would only add confusion, not reduce it.
    Well when I downloaded it I found only the torrent link on this page was updated, so downloading the torrent from the official EB site had me getting the past version. "That" might be confusing.

As to the Quintus, General James Wolf has the right of it, I was reading posts where the same problem was talked about and unit mass was pointed out as the issue, I should have just said that rather than the specific examples that screwed up mass was giving me. Can't wait for the fixed EDU, I tried playing some Rome 2 to help me through the waiting but I had forgotten how totally unoptimized that game was, too unoptimized for me to play smoothly on lowest settings even coming from smooth shader model 5 shogun 2 play. EB2 is the holy hope for the best Antiquity total war experience, that much is plain from the campaign alone. It just needs that EDU sorted out

Quote Originally Posted by ninja51 View Post
    Well when I downloaded it I found only the torrent link on this page was updated, so downloading the torrent from the official EB site had me getting the past version. "That" might be confusing.
    That's true. There is certainly room for better coordination of updating the website for the next release.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB Team, if you plan to modify the EDU file to include mass changes, please also fix the problem with infantry skirmishers: they are as broken as they were in version 2.0. It makes them completely useless.

In my last battle against Pyrrhos I had 4 units of light Greek skirmishers to aid me against elephants. Unfortunatelly they do not cast their javelins (used maybe 1% of ammo) and then I had to put them to melee to have any use for them.

For the 2.0 version there was a fix but I cannot implement it here due to other changes, you propably made to the EDU file.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorafrica View Post
    but i noticed that the window (all black) ,when i launch EB2 non Steam shortcut, remains empty, you can see the picture in a previous message on this page ... maybe you have a little idea ...
    My guess is that you didn't uninstall 2.0 before installing 2.01. If this is not the case, please post the contents of your EBII.cfg file and your launch.bat file.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

i have a question about how to get rid of the mayran tax burden with takashila?do i need to take all settlements south off my capital?anybody can help me with that..
    it don't belong here but a new thread for one question is stupid so i post it here.

cheers
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

A few turns in, you will get yearly (seasonly? stage-ly? I forget) events asking you to recognize the Mauryan Empire or not. If you decline you will be relieved of the tax burden but find yourself at war.

I don't remember how many turns it will be before this starts. You can't declare independence right off the bat.

My guess is that you didn't uninstall 2.0 before installing 2.01. If this is not the case, please post the contents of your EBII.cfg file and your launch.bat file.
    ok her's the content of the EBII.cfg :

[features]
    mod = mods/EBII
    editor = 1

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace

[video]
    movies = 1
    windowed = 1
    borderless_window = 1

[misc]
    show_hud_date = 1
    display_error_on_exit = 1

[io]
    file_first = 1
    disable_file_cache = 1

[game]
    allusers = 1
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1
    advisor_verbosity = 1
    blind_advisor = 0
    mute_advisor = 1

[multiplayer]
    playable = 0
    factions = 1

[hotseat]
    passwords = 0 ## use individual passwords for players
    turns = 0 ## force separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    autoresolve_battles = 1 ## force autoresolve for all battles in hotseat campaign
    disable_console = 0 ## disable console in hotseat campaign.
    disable_papal_elections = 1 ## disable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    save_prefs = 1 ## force relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    save_config = 1 ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    update_ai_camera = 1 ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    validate_diplomacy = 1 ## enable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    scroll = 0 ## show start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    admin_password = password ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    autosave = 1 ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    close_after_save = 0 ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    gamename = hotseat_gamename ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    validate_data = 1 ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files
    allow_validation_failures = 0 ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail

and here's the launch.bat :

@echo off
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (
    kingdoms.exe @mods\EBII\EBII.cfg
    ) ELSE (
    IF EXIST medieval2.exe (
    medieval2.exe @mods/EBII/EBII.cfg
    ) ELSE (
    echo ERROR: Cannot find the M2TW executable. You probably installed EB2 into the wrong folder. EB2 must be installed directly into a folder containing an M2TW installation!
    pause
    )
    )

I thought maybe i didn't install it in the right directory, but i'm pretty sure it's the right one because i didn't change it while proceeding ...
    thank you man !
    Last edited by Moorafrica; September 14, 2014 at 05:45 PM.

Ok, I managed to fix Skirmishers thank to some tweaking of the EDU.

But there is another problem: traits system. It still produces tons of bad traits. My FL who never lost a battle and is a god-incarnate already got: Bad disciplinarian (2x, because I removed it by console), hesitant attacker, too considerate and doubtful courage. This is not fun. I have to remove it manually every time. I thought Bad Disciplinarian was supposed to be removed completely due to it being bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by AntigonosDoson View Post
    Ok, I managed to fix Skirmishers thank to some tweaking of the EDU.

But there is another problem: traits system. It still produces tons of bad traits. My FL who never lost a battle and is a god-incarnate already got: Bad disciplinarian (2x, because I removed it by console), hesitant attacker, too considerate and doubtful courage. This is not fun. I have to remove it manually every time. I thought Bad Disciplinarian was supposed to be removed completely due to it being bugged?
    There's basically nobody on the team right now who understands and is working traits. There won't be anything more than incremental changes - if that - until we get a volunteer who has skills in this area. Until then, anything people want done, they'll have to do themselves.
    EBII Council

@Moorafrica, that looks perfectly fine. I assume you run the game through a shortcut. Could you try to run it by double-clicking launch.bat instead? If that works, your shortcut may be wrong.

================
    ================

@Moorafrica, that looks perfectly fine. I assume you run the game through a shortcut. Could you try to run it by double-clicking launch.bat instead? If that works, your shortcut may be wrong.
    Yes but i've already tried the launch.bat file, but same result, i don't know that's strange, i have the MTW2 kingdoms gold pack, i'll try to re-install it today ... Thanks bovi , if you have further suggestions please let me know... good day to you

This other guy reported getting the mod to run using the cine-edit bat file, for some reason. You could try that before reinstalling. Note that it will probably overwrite your EBII.cfg, so take a backup of that first.

================
    ================

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks so much EB Team

I didn't see in the changes list the Hotseat option. Is it avaible now?
    if it will never be, just tell and I will stop to ask for it

anyway thanks again for this very quick version 2,01 in less than a Month, good job!

Thanks EB 2 team. 2.01 certainly improving it. A few thinks I'd like to see are
    1. The faction button in battles to be fixed ie the one that highlights my units green, allies blue and enemy red.
    2. Inclusion of some cool unit models ie the Romans in "SCUM mod" for De Bello Mundi and the Spartans from PI2.
    3. To lose the fluro " telly tubby world" colour scheme from battlefields.
    4. Siege weapons to be available in custom battles. I assume they can be built in the main campaign!? If not perhaps De Bello Mundi could be convinced to let you use there excellent ones.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Thanks EB 2 team. 2.01 certainly improving it. A few thinks I'd like to see are
    3. To lose the fluro " telly tubby world" colour scheme from battlefields.
    Do those kind of remarks make you feel superior and better?

Skep's Avatar Civis

Hey guys quick question.

Which Kingdoms do I need installed? Or can I just patch up using my Kingdoms copy, put Kingdoms.exe in het Medieval 2 map and run the mod just like in stainless steel?

This is from the Stainless Steel mod
    Q: Which kingdoms campaign do I have to install?
    A: Actually, you don't need any. In the kingdoms setup, you can just uncheck all the campaigns and the 1.4 patch will install automatically. You will have to manually move kingdoms.exe from the CD through. (for example from CD:\teutonic\main)

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Do those kind of remarks make you feel superior and better?
    I had to look up what he meant... Apparently fluro = fluorescent or "very green"

and telly tubby world =
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

WTF?

Edit: Maybe it's the flowery Epirote landscape?
    Last edited by Radagaisus; September 15, 2014 at 06:18 AM.