Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Ozonius Tomicus's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    There are some shortcuts in the folder EBII named: " launch-cine-edit " and " launch-cine-edit-render "

Does someone know what this data does?
    I don't know the purpose of these, but this is the first time that I noticed anyone mention them so thought that I would chime in since one of them was actually useful to me -- it was an accident on my part so I don't know if that is why they are there.

To make a long story not really shorter, I was able to run the original release by making the cfg changes for window plus the launcher fix. With 2.01 I started with the same resolution issue that the cfg changes fixed in the previous version, but they did not help with the new one. I went to the EBII folder to try and see what else I could do and inadvertently ran the mysterious "launch-cine-edit" batchfile and lo-and-behold EBII launched looking great.

Not being one to look a gift-horse in the mouth, I checked my configuration options and exited and used the same .BAT to run again. All looked fine so I added CAI v3 & the BAI and restarted with a new Saba H/H campaign and all has been pretty good through season 40.

YMMV.

Now available from the EB & Org FTPs (not all of the others yet, but soon)

Links have been added to the first post in this thread)
    Last edited by Kull; September 13, 2014 at 09:06 PM.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    Kull, do i need to start a vanila campaign to get the mod to work? Can i start one of kingdoms campaign instead?
    Not sure I understand the question. If you had EB 2.0, uninstall and then install 2.01 in the old directory. If you never had 2.0 installed, you will need a M2TW updated to v1.05. And then yes, launch one Kingdoms campaign (vanilla) and THEN install v2.01
    EBII Council

WOW! Seen a post about this in a history forum I was reading. Haven't played TW for ages and last time I checked I figured this one would be years away. Download and install went without a hitch. I've only played a few turns so far but looks really nice. Thanks.
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus

Great ! I initially had to sit for hours to fix the txt problem with the two patches ...

Just one problem.... Your first post says "Our initial release was a moderate success"

I think you guys are just too modest. Calling this a moderate success ... no ways. This is a game many have been waiting for for years so a few teething problems don't count... ;-)

Nice work, great follow-up !

Lovely. Great to hear, I'll be giving it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Describe exactly what is happening, please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eb2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	313920 that's what i get when i launch the EBII shortcut, after that it shows the M2TW loading screen then it stops and a little window appears (error), all i could do is click the ok button :s

Quote Originally Posted by ninja51 View Post
    I gave the new version a whirl and am saddened by still hugely unsatisfying battles. Units almost always decide to fight to the death when broken, the kill rate is hugely too slow, amounting to after 7 minutes of heavy real time combat against two full sized forces, roughly 480 dead, and less than a hundred down on my side. This was after heavy cavalry combats, full melee engagement and successful flanking with infantry and cavalry. A 40 man squad of companion cavalry fought my roman general and a heavy triarii for nearly the entire fight and the companion cavalry were able to pull out 6 minutes in and ride away from the combat with 12 guys left unbroken! The cavalry charges are also ineffective and still are ridden with the problem of the horses coming to a stop and no actual charge happening. I can't wait to play when the battles are fixed, the campaign is beautiful. As of now, I'd say the battles are unplayable.
    To prove I'm not just making bald assertions here, I've got some screenshots. Bear in mind I'm playing on M/M, if you're playing on a higher battle difficulty, that may be the problem.

Here's a barely-depleted unit routing:

And here's the Captain of this same fight running for his life without even being routed himself (or contacted, for that matter):

Out of interest, what's that number in the bottom right corner? Is it the number of prisoners taken?

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

yep, that's the number of prisoners. you had 465 as of the time you made that last screenshot.

worry not, we're working as fast as we can.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    yep, that's the number of prisoners. you had 465 as of the time you made that last screenshot.

worry not, we're working as fast as we can.
    Excellent.

For clarity, I wasn't complaining about the pace of battles here, they feel about right now. I was just disputing the notion that every fight is a drag-out, gruelling scrum to the death where no one routs.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Excellent.

For clarity, I wasn't complaining about the pace of battles here (don't worry), they feel about right now. I was just disputing the notion that every fight is a drag-out, gruelling scrum to the death where no one routs.
    yeah, I agree 100%. one problem is the fact that the mass system as of 2.01 is a relic from before the new system was implemented: due to RL concerns, this delicate task was undertaken only yesterday. I sent k/t a copy of the new EDU, as well as the old one, to see what can be done in addition--if we can improve things.

either way: bad mass system=units hold out too long or too short, in spite of poorer overall morale (and to my knowledge, the morale system is one of the lowest I know of value-wise)
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

[QUOTE=QuintusSertorius;14093056]To prove I'm not just making bald assertions here, I've got some screenshots. Bear in mind I'm playing on M/M, if you're playing on a higher battle difficulty, that may be the problem.

Hey I know i'm off topic but what do you use to take screenshots, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorafrica View Post
    Hey I know i'm off topic but what do you use to take screenshots, thank you.
    You'll cry when you hear how convoluted it is. I use the PrtScrn button, which stores the captures as .tga files in M2TW\tga - which you could convert to .jpg with GIMP or some other program. I however, use Zamzar.com to convert them. Then I put them into Facebook (free hosting - so much better than Photobucket) so I can link them here.

You'll cry when you hear how convoluted it is. I use the PrtScrn button, which stores the captures as .tga files in M2TW\tga - which you could convert to .jpg with GIMP or some other program. I however, use Zamzar.com to convert them. Then I put them into Facebook (free hosting - so much better than Photobucket) so I can link them here.
    hahaha, yes i did the print screen button but i used paint to see the result.... it was a........ black screen :s i'll try that out, thank you so much

Hehe, this is one good thing about having the Steam version. Since Steam has it's own screenshot manager.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Or you could use fraps, upload it to imgur and it takes 5 seconds.

The Medieval II data folder is the right place to unzip it, no? It takes some time to begin after the BE 2 screen. I saw above someone had installed EB 2.1 in Medieval 2 mods. That was not the information! Please, be clear for everyone who is not a modder exactly where to unzip the mod. Please! And anything else we need to know! There is no point spending years delivering a beautiful game if you get the technical info wrong for your users, don't you think? Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    The Medieval II data folder is the right place to unzip it, no? It takes some time to begin after the BE 2 screen. I saw above someone had installed EB 2.1 in Medieval 2 mods. That was not the information! Please, be clear for everyone who is not a modder exactly where to unzip the mod. Please! And anything else we need to know! There is no point spending years delivering a beautiful game if you get the technical info wrong for your users, don't you think? Please advise.
    You don't extract it directly into the M2TW folder, the installer will do that. You need to have somewhere to put the unzipped contents so you can run the installer, which will then be pointed at wherever you have M2TW installed.

There is nothing wrong in the installation instructions. Download, extract, run exe. That's all you need to know. Any superfluous information would only add confusion, not reduce it.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking