Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.01 released!

cool
    does this include the latest cai & bai improvements?

Includes v2 CAI, dont know about bai, granto said he was working on a new one.... maybe its implemented?

Oh and now all factions got intro videos?

Also any changes to the text font in the campaign descriptions?
    Last edited by Wulfburk; September 12, 2014 at 05:55 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Ok, stopped seeding 2.0. Downloading.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Tiro

Same here, bye bye EB_20.zip, wellcome EB_201.zip. Downloading EB_201.zip with torrent.

Foederatus

Just to confirm we need to uninstall version 2, then install 2.1? Or do we just install 2.1 over it?

Uninstall 2.0 then install 2.1 like it says in the instructions at the OP.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Foederatus

Thanks, I did read the instructions but I am always hesitant to do such things because I am not really tech savvy.

Biarchus

How do you set M2TW or EBII to window mode?
    I believe I'm playing in the default Full screen.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

You have EB 2.01 already downloaded? I envy you to no end... anyway it's on the config file. Go to your Medieval 2: Total War folder. There you will find a file called medieval2.preference. Open the file with notebook or wordpad or anything similar. Go to the end of the file, the section there is "[video]", and furthest down it usually says "widescreen = 0". Below that write "windowed = true". If there's already "windowed = false" simply put "windowed = true" and you'll be done.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Aw crap, I uninstalled EB1. Now I gotta go install that again...

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alex86 View Post
    Aw crap, I uninstalled EB1. Now I gotta go install that again...

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    You have EB 2.01 already downloaded? I envy you to no end... anyway it's on the config file. Go to your Medieval 2: Total War folder. There you will find a file called medieval2.preference. Open the file with notebook or wordpad or anything similar. Go to the end of the file, the section there is "[video]", and furthest down it usually says "widescreen = 0". Below that write "windowed = true". If there's already "windowed = false" simply put "windowed = true" and you'll be done.
    I love the forums...
    Google was telling me to edit the shortcut properties target and I kept getting an error.

Trying this right now.

Thanks!

I am DLing the new version so I can't compare the scripts ATM, but apart from fixing the set counter issue in the Hayasadan reforms, has the script been fixed to the extent of enabling new troops types with the Royal Satrapy and Satrapy buildings (Cataphracts, horse archers, better inf) for Hayasadan per the results here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...irements/page3

Love the mod. Thanks.

Thanks for the update, will try this very soon

On the other hand, did you fix the 302 turn KH reform crash ?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2nd-turn-crash

Please read the change list.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    That's hardcoded in M2TW. The game was built in 2006, long before all the current resolution options existed. In addition to windowed mode (which always works) another workaround is to change your monitor's resolution to 1024 x 768. That is a supported M2TW resolution, so full screen should work.
    It didn't work last time I tried, but gonna try again.

What I understand, are all these people playing in windowed mode ? because I only saw several others complaining about this.

Does the EBII cfg install with windowed mode on by default? That could be why...I can't remember.

I play in windowed mode with borderless_window = 1 at my desktop resolution. It's effectively the same look as full screen mode, and my resolution is 1440 x 900.

Great news!

Will we get an update when the FTP is available?