Page 94 of 529 FirstFirst ... 446984858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104119144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 10562

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.VGaUm8mqnO8

Baiji is heating up, ISF still has yet to take the city or relieve the refinery and ISA is mounting a counter-attack.

Anycase ISA's new Egyptian Corps in the Sinai just released a new picture and video set showing their exploits against the Egyptian Army and their haul of captured Egyptian Tanks and APCs.

This now means IS officially incorporates Sinai in Egypt and Derna in Libya, Boko Haram and Al-Shabaab have also sworn allegiance but their territorial holdings are currently murky due to break down in reporting in those regions. Several Taliban groups are on the fence with regards to swearing loyalty, but it is now clear that Obama has lost the war against the Islamic State.

Sunnis are siding with IS, the only group that fights for Sunnis and is not a western puppet.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

ISIS certainly does not represent Sunnis, to say they are sunni is an insult to sunnis. However you are right, no one else but ISIS emerged as champion of sunnis in Iraq and Syria.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

@ RANUN

Derna will not last for long i believe, Colonel Haftar of the Libyan Army has ousted ISIS Armed supporters and Ansar Al-Shariah ( the latter has many Tunisians and Saudis ) from 80% of Benghazi and has declared that Libya's next Target is Derna,

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    @ RANUN

Derna will not last for long i believe, Colonel Haftar of the Libyan Army has ousted ISIS Armed supporters and Ansar Al-Shariah ( the latter has many Tunisians and Saudis ) from 80% of Benghazi and has declared that Libya's next Target is Derna,
    Haftar is epic, why isn't the man made General already?
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Odenat's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    Hard currency has not been standard tender since the early 70s. What bank can they bring this to and convert it to anything that they can trade for?
    Banks&goldsmiths all over Middle East, India and South East Asia will happily trade with this coins. As the coins are made of gold and silver, they will be much more stable than other countries coins.

There are hundreds of small banks all over Asia.

As white-wolf said, even at Turkey we have 1000's of goldsmiths that trade in gold and silver. You Westerners keep assuming everyone in the world is living according to your rules and laws.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Baiji has been liberated by the Iraqi Army backed by allied Sunni militiamen!!!

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...#axzz3IijQviWv
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    Haftar is epic, why isn't the man made General already?
    oops my Bad, he is a General already, and Commander of the LNA and Operation Karama ( or Dignity ), He was the Commander of the Libyan Army in the Chad-Libya war and also of the Libyan Forces in Sinai in Yom Kippur, it is feared that he might be Libya's New Gaddafi by many Libyans ( as he took part in Gaddafi's free Officers Movement Coup in 1969 that overthrew the King ) though it is better for them to Postpone this fear until he Beats the Hell out of ISIS.

Spoiler for Current situation
    Last edited by Cyrene; November 15, 2014 at 07:52 AM.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

you Must've read a lot about him...
    Wahhabi's desperately seek to follow his example and the example of the Salaf.
    Enough precedents to say they are on the right way.

To be fair I admit Ibn Ishaaq is unreliable, Banu Qurayza were a bunch of dicks and being a real prophet automatically justifies your actions but still... We can look at such events, Khaybar and other and say ISIS truely follows the Sunnah of the Prophet with their wars of conquest, enslavement, mass executions and sex slave collection. Ofcourse that is one way of looking at it and my knowledge is good enough not to fall for the trap set by those seeking to slander the man, but the fact remains one could interpret his life as such and argue ISIS is on the right path.

Again, I would like to argue trying to emulate Muhammed in such severe and superficial ways (beard, dinars, sandals, slaves) instead of looking at the spiritual and moral aspects of the religion more is wrong (in the sense that it bothers me). For these kind of muslims Muhammed is a sort of idol (yet they seek to demolish his tomb).
    Miss me yet?

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

i don't think we should discuss this Here, but if you want my humble thoughts on this then i'm going to reply in either Here or Here, or we could take this to PM's or visitor Messages, whichever you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Odenat View Post
    Banks&goldsmiths all over Middle East, India and South East Asia will happily trade with this coins. As the coins are made of gold and silver, they will be much more stable than other countries coins.

There are hundreds of small banks all over Asia.

As white-wolf said, even at Turkey we have 1000's of goldsmiths that trade in gold and silver. You Westerners keep assuming everyone in the world is living according to your rules and laws.
    You behave as if medieval rulers didn't know how deprecate a gold standard to raise funds for a war. You have a "gold coin" and start adding more and more scrap metal magically increasing your money. Important 1x1 on how to maintain a long war with a crappy economy.

Even if tied to a gold standard currencies haven't been issued in their precious metals for ages for a reason as well.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Aleppo, SANA – Units of the armed forces on Saturday inflicted heavy losses upon terrorists and destroyed their equipment in several areas across the country.

A military source told SANA that the army units killed and injured several terrorists in Anadan, 12 km north to Aleppo city, and destroyed a vehicle with all terrorists on board west to al-Nairab, southeast of Aleppo city

Other terrorists were killed and wounded in Quneitrat village and Banan al-Hoss in the countryside of al-Sfeireh town, east to Aleppo, which has been declared secure and safe by the Syrian Arab army on November 1st, 2013.

The source noted that the army killed numbers of terrorists in the neighborhoods of al-Lairamon, al-Khaz’aliyeh, al-Ashrafiyeh, Bani Zaid, al-Ramounseh, al-Ameriyeh, al-Zahra residential buildings and the old city of Aleppo, destroying their tools and equipment.

Army units eliminated a number of terrorists in Kifr hamra, al-Samiryeh, al-Mintar, Karm al-Tarrab, Bani Zaid, al-Amryeh, Binan al-Hiss, al-Qamitrat, and Abteen.On the other hand, takfiri terrorist organizations admitted, through social media networking pages, the death of 7 terrorist members and the injury of 6 others as the Syrian army targeted a vehicle carrying terrorists on Blas – Kafrbish road in the southern countryside of Aleppo.

Damascus Units of the army and armed forces killed a number of terrorists, some of whom were Saudis, and destroyed their weapons in al-Qalamoun mountains and eastern Ghouta in Damascus countryside.

SANA field reporter said army units pounded dens for terrorist organizations, killing many terrorists east of al-Nasseriyeh town and in the vicinity of al-Batraa mountains in eastern Qalamoun.

In parallel, a hideout for terrorists was destroyed in al-Mesherfeh town in the western part of al-Qalamoun and several terrorists were killed, where terrorist organizations affiliated to Jabhat al-Nusra try to sneak from illegal crossings on the Syrian-Lebanese borders.

Meanwhile, an army unit killed terrorists in Um al-Rumman village to the east of al-Dmair city and destroyed their dens with the weapons and ammunition inside.

In eastern Ghouta, an army unit clashed with terrorists in the farms of Hawsh Nasra village to the east of Douma city, among them the Saudi terrorist Sari al-Enezi.

In Alia farms to the north of Douma city, a military operation left terrorists killed and others wounded, among them leader of a terrorist group called “Ammar al-Noufi”.

Clashes in the farms of Bala village left numbers of terrorists killed.

A military source said an army unit killed a number of terrorists and destroyed their dens in Rasm al-Samman south of Kanaker while another army unit ambushed members of an armed terrorist group who were trying to infiltrate from Maidaa’ area in eastern Ghouta towards and Dmair in Damascus countryside.

Homs Army units killed numbers of terrorists and wounded others near Jerjes village in al-Rastan, foiling attempts of terrorists to sneak into safe areas in Homs countryside.A military source told SANA that an army unit killed terrorists who tried to sneak into Abu al-Alaya village, while another unit killed numbers of terrorists in Wadi al-Sukour west of Hasyaa that terrorists were using as a route for infiltrating into Syria from the Lebanese territories.

The source added that units of the army killed several terrorists in the vicinity of Jerjes, Baraq al-Nashmeh, Kafr Laha, Hawsh al-Taleb and on Kissein-Kafr Nan road in Homs countryside.

A military unit destroyed a concentration of terrorists near al-Kharb Street in al-Wa’r neighborhood on the western side of Homs city where takfiri organizations are committing criminal acts and taking tens of thousands of citizens as human shields.

Idleb Army units killed terrorists and destroyed their weaponry in different areas in Idleb countryside.A military source told SANA that army units killed terrorists and wounded others in Maa’ret al-Nouman, Magharet Mirza and Tal Toucan in the vicinity of Abu al-Duhour town in Idleb countryside.

The army also killed and injured a number of terrorists and destroyed their vehicles in Ayn al-Barida, Darkoush, al-Zanbaqi, Korein, Nahla, al-Habbat, Tal Dinait, Kifr Najd, and Qar’ al-Ghazal in Idleb countryside

Daraa A military source told SANA that the army destroyed three vehicles and terrorists’ hideout in al-Sheikh Miskeen, 22 km from Daraa city. The source added that the army also destroyed a number of terrorists’ hideouts and vehicles in Deir al-Adas, Tal Saqee, Tal Masyah, al-Habbaryeh, al-Nu’aima and Tal Maari in Daraa northern countryside.Meanwhile, the army killed scores of terrorists in Daraa al-Balad area.
    http://www.sana.sy/en/?p=18020
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

oops my Bad, he is a General already, and Commander of the LNA and Operation Karama ( or Dignity ), He was the Commander of the Libyan Army in the Chad-Libya war and also of the Libyan Forces in Sinai in Yom Kippur, it is feared that he might be Libya's New Gaddafi by many Libyans ( as he took part in Gaddafi's free Officers Movement Coup in 1969 that overthrew the King ) though it is better for them to Postpone this fear until he Beats the Hell out of ISIS.

Spoiler for Current situation
    Well he surved under Kaddafi and he is an American agent(lived in USA for 10 years). No wonder why Libyans dont like him

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...r-9863418.html

Considering AQI, IS predecessor organization never managed to reach 15,000 at peak strength, yet took 150,000 US Troops, 500,000 Iraqi Forces of all types, and a massive air and ground campaign lasting four years to throw AQI into the desert, should tell us just what is really necessary here. AQI had small arms and mortars, IS has AFVs and heavy artillery which US Airpower has not really managed to attrit.

Then again the US Military proved unable to defeat 40,000 leg mobile Taliban.

This war will wind up lasting years and expanding further, the US Military is simply not up to the task of containing it, and Europe is going bankrupt with what little support they are able to supply, and so is the US.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

The amount of cash the EU is spending on the IS negligible. As for the US that's another matter, but remember the US has a budget in the level of hundreds of billions. They can afford to keep paying for this at the rate they are going, certainly cheaper then occupying Iraq.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

Quote Originally Posted by Request a new user name View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...r-9863418.html

Considering AQI, IS predecessor organization never managed to reach 15,000 at peak strength, yet took 150,000 US Troops, 500,000 Iraqi Forces of all types, and a massive air and ground campaign lasting four years to throw AQI into the desert, should tell us just what is really necessary here. AQI had small arms and mortars, IS has AFVs and heavy artillery which US Airpower has not really managed to attrit.

This war will wind up lasting years and expanding further, the US Military is simply not up to the task of containing it, and Europe is going bankrupt with what little support they are able to supply, and so is the US.
    Yes COIN operations are hard because you cannot find the bloody enemy.

No, that allows little conclusions on how well IS fares when they mobilize 200 000 men because then they turn into a conventional target. The US and everyone else is currently fighting the war on a backburner mainly supporting local armed forces to oppose IS. That's not as expensive as a complete occupation of territory far far away from home. So no, not comparable.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Airpower has not really managed to attrit
    Really you have complete order of battle and spreadsheet on that?

Actually it did with ease.

What could not do was wave a magic wand and make Afghanistan a stable democratic western nation with low corruption and wash away ethnic divisions etc and no neighbors like Pakistan hanging around wanting the Taliban back in power... All while operating under modern western rules of engagement.

In any case things not happy in the Cloud Cuckoo Land

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/14/wo...-grateful.html
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Yes, the US, with an airforce perhaps comprising like what, 1000+ aircraft, are going to wipe out the IS real bad with that awesome average number of 7 airstrikes and "dozens" of IS fighters dead per day, when they get what, the same number or more daily?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Which is good what do you want mass Capet bombings?

The US has a complex dance to mange. Let the Kurds work to gather and support them w/o pissing off Turkey or the Government in Baghdad. Adding stuff that is not easy I mean maybe you super gun guy but while I know how to maintain the guns I used in my shooting coarse back in college I did need to go in and get a run down on a gun I inherited and had no experience with and it just a rifle. But to use TOW or Javelin? I pretty sure coordinating air support is not easy and w/o practice not exactly something you just call the air support fairy for. Just as tracking down banking activities or getting the Gulf states to close down money flows is not either.

I mean sure we just fly in the B-52s but killing more civilians than ISIS beheads is not exactly good PR
    Last edited by conon394; November 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Which is good what do you want mass Capet bombings?

The US has a complex dance to mange. Let the Kurds work to gather and support them w/o pissing off Turkey or the Government in Bagdad. Adding stuff that is not easy I mean maybe you super gun guy but while I know how to maintain the guns I used in my shooting coarse back in college I did need to go in and get a run down on a gun I inherited and had no experience with and it just a rifle. But to use TOW or Javelin? I pretty sure cordinating air support is not easy and w/o practice not exactly something you just call the air support fairy for. Just as tracking down banking activities or getting the Gulf states to close down money flows is not either.

I mean sure we just fly in t B-52s but killing more civilians than ISIS beheads is not exactly good PR
    There is also the fact we DON'T want to win to fast, because if we do the Iraqi Government won't make proper concessions with the Sunni People.

So the ISIS terrorists have executed another American citizen ( peter Kassig???) along with 16 Syrian soldiers.

RIP to these brave soldiers and to the american

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...kassig-reports
    Veritas Temporis Filia