Page 88 of 529 FirstFirst ... 3863787980818283848586878889909192939495969798113138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 10562

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Request a new user name View Post
    Its a sophisticated organization run by Meritocratic Technocrats who happen to have theocratic leanings.
    That's some fantastic stuff right there.

If this guy isn't being satirical I really don't know what to say.
    All your Kitty

There are pictures around at Web showing four (4) children's mutilated bodies who died because of the USA bombardment of JAN. Verily, USA does know very well to win over minds & hearts.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Niall101x View Post

I'm not, and my statement is true. IS is not a Taliban "Women stay home period or we'll beat you randomly in the street and Doctors don't need cadavers, etc," type organization. Its top leadership are technically trained university graduates with doctorates and place technocrats in key posts rather than someone who merely has the Quran memorized like the Taliban does and then wonders why that official is hopelessly incompetent.

IS is not afraid to let women make use of their skills, provided they place family and community first (They take the Quran very seriously afterall), and it leaders got their positions based on merit, education, and proven leadership. IS also guards its technical personnel and keeps them away from the frontlines as much as possible to maintain a core of skilled workers to maintain and manage the state they are trying to build.

These guys are not mindless barbarians, barbaric yes, but not mindless and so far they are backing their words with deeds while their opponents are largely floundering around reacting to their actions instead of really taking pro-active steps to provide a viable alternative to IS that is not chaos or the Assad Regime.

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    There are pictures around at Web showing four (4) children's mutilated bodies who died because of the USA bombardment of JAN. Verily, USA does know very well to win over minds & hearts.
    And they bombed Ahrar al-Sham which is part of the Islamic Front, hates IS, Assad, and barely tolerates JAN. That will so go over well with Islamic Front which is seeing many of its members defect to IS everyday.

Islamic Front falls apart due to this and defects to JAN and IS, then FSA is done and ISA will get Azaz by default and Afrin Canton will get slammed, though you would probably cheer that den of YPG terrorists getting wiped out and sucking in PKK goons to also be killed.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

The USA has bombed terrorists including the groups of JAN and Ahrar-Al-Sham today. I only can applaud this action for the USA bombing those terrorists while the syrian army continues their offensive against ISIS. Still i think more Coordination is needed with the Syrian army to bomb those terrorist locations in Deir Ez Zor/Aleppo city and East Homs so it fastens the SAA their advances in the mentioned areas.

http://www.sana.sy/en/?p=17060
    Last edited by Mary The Quene; November 06, 2014 at 10:49 AM.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    We may not want to JDAM these specific women since this is a picture from a graduation at Jazan university (in south western Saudi Arabia) that princess Adela Bint Abdullah, apparently the biggest royal advocate of womans rights in the kingdom, attended (well when they graduated like 6 months ago anyways), which makes it even better that you used this to show how great ISIS is considering what they actually do with women.
    The amount of burn here is wonderful. I mean really, brings a tear to my eye.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Pfff, why would you fight for a Caliphate if Saudi-Arabia already exists as a fine Salafi hellhole.
    Miss me yet?

According to the terrorist SOHR group the SAA has recaptured the Shaer gas field from the ISIS terrorists. it's a good day for the syrians!!!!! Thanks due to the brave and strong soldiers of the SAA normal life can return around the sha'er gas fields!!!!
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Veritas Temporis Filia

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    " Whoever dies defending his Homeland is a Martyr" {Prophet Muhammed}
    thanks. i'de be thankful if you give us a proof or something about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall101x View Post

this guy, Request a new user name is both pro Assad and pro I.S . more of I.S i'de better say, and hater of the people defending their home land.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyKhusro View Post

this guy, Request a new user name is both pro Assad and pro I.S . more of I.S i'de better say, and hater of the people defending their home land.
    You still don't get it do you?

NEITHER SIDE IN THIS CONFLICT IS FIGHTING FOR A FREE DEMOCRATIC AND PLURALISTIC SYRIA!!! THEY ARE ALL WHACKJOBS WHO ARE EITHER GENOCIDAL, COMMUNIST TERRORISTS, ANARCHISTS, SALAFISTS, ETC!!!

"Breathes heavily and calms down"

That said the only group that is not hypocritical is the Islamic State regardless of whatever else we think of it's uite open goals of establishing a Sunni Caliphate.

Assad: Has committed outright genocide against his own citizens, has utterly demolished his country to keep power, and lets his cronies commit excesses against his own people.

YPG: Communist Terrorists who are a front for PKK, and engage in drug smuggling, sex trafficking, forced conscription, uses child soldiers, and is just as guilty of massacres of civilians as everyone else.

SRF: Corrupt, venal, and pathetic. No more need be said.

Islamic Front (includes Ahrar al-Sham): Fighting for Sharia Law in Syria. Considers IS whackjobs. Leader has a Hello Kitty Notebook. Likes cutting fingers off SAA troops they capture.

JAN: Al-Qaeda, fighting to establish a Caliphate, less dickish about it than IS, but not as well organized. Used to be part of IS till its leadership had a falling out with IS.

US led coalition of the willing: Fighting for Oil and blatantly so. Defacto ally of Assad now. Schizophrenic strategy

KRG: Consists of PUK and KDP, KDP is useless and runs at the mere hint IS is gunning for them unless the US or ISF holds their hands. PUK fights and often to the death, recently absorbed PJAK.

ISF: Fire support for sectarian Shia Militias who ironically shout death to America as American Airplanes support them. Nobody said this had to make sense, just look at Yemen where Houthi Rebels with placards saying Death to America guard the US Embassy.

Etc.

Is it any wonder Turkey has wisely decided to stay out of this fracking mess and not throw further gasoline on it.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

RANA, Sha'er Gas Field has been liberated by Tiger Forces and "Desert Falcons" desert warfare special forces(these guys are the ones that liberated Kessab). Here they are posing in front of the main facilities today:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1zFS3pIUAAUkTA.jpg

Col. Suhail as Hassan is leading the loyalist forces personally, here he is outside the T-4 Airbase:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1ywpC3IYAARCgi.jpg

Corpse of the ISIS commander there, Abu al-Bara Hamwi, has already been recovered.

Tiger forces launched their attack on the 3rd, captured most of the facilities by the 4th, and secured the rest on the 5th and 6th. Here is a column of the "Desert Falcons" on their way towards Hayyan gas plant and the Jhar and Moher gas wellson the 4th, which they swiftly captured:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1tl_sSCAAA4R68.jpg

Homs Civic Defense Units report that a fire broke out in a part of the main complex of the Shaer facilities because ISIS set up explosives when they were pulling out, but it was extinguished. Everything else is in good condition.

The government is doing very well against ISIS right now. A large increase in Iranian support for the ISF + militias spells trouble for ISIS in Iraq as well.

Same guy as from the first photo, on the 4th, before they captured the Shaer Gas Field complex:
    https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...d7&oe=5520638F

That said the only group that is not hypocritical is the Islamic State regardless of whatever else we think of it's uite open goals of establishing a Sunni Caliphate.

Assad: Has committed outright genocide against his own citizens, has utterly demolished his country to keep power, and lets his cronies commit excesses against his own people.

YPG: Communist Terrorists who are a front for PKK, and engage in drug smuggling, sex trafficking, forced conscription, uses child soldiers, and is just as guilty of massacres of civilians as everyone else.

Islamic Front (includes Ahrar al-Sham): Fighting for Sharia Law in Syria. Considers IS whackjobs. Leader has a Hello Kitty Notebook. Likes cutting fingers off SAA troops they capture.

JAN: Al-Qaeda, fighting to establish a Caliphate, less dickish about it than IS, but not as well organized. Used to be part of IS till its leadership had a falling out with IS.

US led coalition of the willing: Fighting for Oil and blatantly so. Defacto ally of Assad now. Schizophrenic strategy

KRG: Consists of PUK and KDP, KDP is useless and runs at the mere hint IS is gunning for them unless the US or ISF holds their hands. PUK fights and often to the death, recently absorbed PJAK.

ISF: Fire support for sectarian Shia Militias who ironically shout death to America as American Airplanes support them. Nobody said this had to make sense, just look at Yemen where Houthi Rebels with placards saying Death to America guard the US Embassy.
    oh oh! do one for daesh next please! i love these one liner definitions! and it better be something cooler than "daesh: not hypocritical"
    Last edited by snuggans; November 06, 2014 at 09:04 PM.

The US is leading a coalition full of oil states to get more oil although it itselfs is oil independant? ... that's such flawless logic it must be true...
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    The US is leading a coalition full of oil states to get more oil although it itselfs is oil independant? ... that's such flawless logic it must be true...
    I never said this conflict was logical, the conflict by its very nature is illogical. America has no vital interests in the Middle East. Big Oil Businesses who write paychecks to Politicians, however, do and instead of telling Big Oil to frack off and eat , the US government spends tax dollars better used in America to protect Big Oil interests and support oppressive regimes. The results of this corruption are boomeranging in on America and have greatly eroded American Civil Liberties to the point SWAT Teams routinely get away with no-knock raids on spurious evidence that results in injuries or death to mostly innocent people.

And everyone knows it. There is no sense denying it.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle...-state-rapidly

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-in-syria.html

SRF is on its death bed with many groups aligned with it about to defect to JAN or Other Groups.

But this is more interesting:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...-in-Syria.html

Iran is training a new Hezbollah force. Iran plays a long game indeed. They know Assad has insurmountable manpower problems despite all the propaganda boasts, and are ensuring their interests will be safeguarded when he falls.

The recent fighting in Homs which is still ongoing doesn't help, the gas fields are offline till the damage is repaired and Damascus has lost substantial power production as a result. That IS was able to take these fields twice and wreck them before Assad could mobilizing substantial reserves to retake them speaks of Assad's military weakness not his strength.

Thus we enter the winter attritional struggle.

I never said this conflict was logical, ...
    Oh, the conflict is illogical. Yeah, let's run with that conclusion then.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Indefinitely Banned

You still don't get it do you?

NEITHER SIDE IN THIS CONFLICT IS FIGHTING FOR A FREE DEMOCRATIC AND PLURALISTIC SYRIA!!! THEY ARE ALL WHACKJOBS WHO ARE EITHER GENOCIDAL, COMMUNIST TERRORISTS, ANARCHISTS, SALAFISTS, ETC!!!

"Breathes heavily and calms down"

Etc.

Is it any wonder Turkey has wisely decided to stay out of this fracking mess and not throw further gasoline on it.

i can agree with some of them. but most were laughing and funny . although i did not know the full name of those names.
    your problem is someone is addressing you or brainwashing you by something.
    first about the islamic state, yes your right they are honest they are not liars. they absolutely showed the believes of arabic cult of 1430 years ago.
    for the YPG thing, i dont know much about them. but also no one have any proof they be branch of PKK or be communist. although PKK left Marxism in 90 after Soviet's collapse (they thought russians are good enough to help them, they were wrong). they are more Confederalism now. and i think those dug and child and killing things is another sign of those are brainwashing you and people like you, dont know who, Turkey??

forget about PKK-YPG thing. if there was no YPG now people were on islamic sharia law like 1400 years ago or would be massacred. this is a fact. so i dont damn care they are pkk or not they are anything or not, what is important,
    they are "defending" the civilian people do not be massacred and beheaded and raped by the islamic soldiers.
    and of course, the Kobani epic defence and resistance caused the western people rethink about their view and strategy about kurds. the female warriors was almost so much strange shocking and praising for the western people and the world that female fights alongside male in an islamic region, we realized there should be alot of difference between kurds and arab muslims. in arabian muslim countries women are nothing but lowest worth things, as a goods. but the world saw much different in Kobani and syrian kurdish people. the world has never seen such people defending their homeland with faith and even females join that doesnt matter they be 18 years old or 30 years old. so we can see "Humanity" in there, no matter how much their enemies say anything.

indeed the problem is not any side or anything, the problem is arabic culture and their region that "Can not" reach to any democratic or freedom solutions. look at so called "ARABIC SPRING"! totally fail. not even 5% progress! i can say this for almost all islamic countries but specificly arabian countries.

so bro, i dont care if your Syria or iraq or any other country fall. because syria was destroyed 2700 years ago and now only arab or arabized people in it. as i will say for the whole middle east region. turkey syria iraq jordan palestine israel are just fake countries with fake borders were created by western colonialists such as Great Briton France and USA in awful and shameless agreement of "Sykes Picot" in 1918-1923 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes%E...icot_Agreement this treaties caused much blood since the time then to now. while they were planed to solve middle east by treaty of sevres. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_S%C3%A8vres but was cancelled. now our western governments realized what mistakes have done, now they are re-editing middle east borders with blood or without, with any cost, to reach their best benefits and plans on the region.

what is important for me is lives of poor civilians and refugees not borders and governments and parties.
    Last edited by KeyKhusro; November 07, 2014 at 08:14 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by KeyKhusro View Post
    i can agree with some of them. but most were laughing and funny . although i did not know the full name of those names.
    your problem is someone is addressing you or brainwashing you by something.
    first about the islamic state, yes your right they are honest they are not liars. they absolutely showed the believes of arabic cult of 1430 years ago.
    for the YPG thing, i dont know much about them. but also no one have any proof they be branch of PKK or be communist. although PKK left Marxism in 90 after Soviet's collapse (they thought russians are good enough to help them, they were wrong). they are more Confederalism now. and i think those dug and child and killing things is another sign of those are brainwashing you and people like you, dont know who, Turkey??

forget about PKK-YPG thing. if there was no YPG now people were on islamic sharia law like 1400 years ago or would be massacred. this is a fact. so i dont damn care they are pkk or not they are anything or not, what is important,
    they are "defending" the civilian people do not be massacred and beheaded and raped by the islamic soldiers.
    and of course, the Kobani epic defence and resistance caused the western people rethink about their view and strategy about kurds. the female warriors was almost so much strange shocking and praising for the western people and the world that female fights alongside male in an islamic region, we realized there should be alot of difference between kurds and arab muslims. in arabian muslim countries women are nothing but lowest worth things, as a goods. but the world saw much different in Kobani and syrian kurdish people. the world has never seen such people defending their homeland with faith and even females join that doesnt matter they be 18 years old or 30 years old. so we can see "Humanity" in there, no matter how much their enemies say anything.

indeed the problem is not any side or anything, the problem is arabic culture and their region that "Can not" reach to any democratic or freedom solutions. look at so called "ARABIC SPRING"! totally fail. not even 5% progress! i can say this for almost all islamic countries but specificly arabian countries.

so bro, i dont care if your Syria or iraq or any other country fall. because syria was destroyed 2700 years ago and now only arab or arabized people in it. as i will say for the whole middle east region. turkey syria iraq jordan palestine israel are just fake countries with fake borders were created by western colonialists such as Great Briton France and USA in awful and shameless agreement of "Sykes Picot" in 1918-1923 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes%E...icot_Agreement this treaties caused much blood since the time then to now. while they were planed to solve middle east by treaty of sevres. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_S%C3%A8vres but was cancelled. now our western governments realized what mistakes have done, now they are re-editing middle east borders with blood or without, with any cost, to reach their best benefits and plans on the region.

what is important for me is lives of poor civilians and refugees not borders and governments and parties.
    ​The United States had nothing to do with the Sykes-Picot Agreement, nor the partition of the Ottoman Empire. Your first source does not even mention USA, United States or America, and your second source says that the US wanted nothing to do with the partition of the Ottoman Empire.

RANA you are wrong about Homs. ISIS attacked an isolated and poorly defended outpost twice and they suffered a defeat both times because the government was able to deploy reserves there and quickly defeat ISIS(even killing their field commander). This in no way says anything about the military weakness of the Syrian state, actually the opposite. In 2014 the government's military strength only increased. In 2011, 2012, and 2013, the government was never able to deploy forces to one front without weakening another front. They never had actual strategic reserves. They've never been able to fight heated battles in more than one place at once. Now they are. They're constantly redeploying units from one front to another without actually undermining any of their positions. They're fighting heated battles in East Ghouta, Deraa, Hasakah, Deir Ezzor, Aleppo, and North Hama at the same time yet when Nusra launched a major offensive in North Hama, the SAA was able to redeploy from Aleppo to Hama and reverse the Nusra gains and make large advances themselves while still making gains in Aleppo itself. In the past they would have redeployed men from Aleppo to defend Hama, reverse JAN gains a bit, but suffer losses in Aleppo. Not today. Now IS starts another surprise offensive in the Homs desert. The SAA quickly responds by redeploying reserves from Hama and defeats ISIS in a few days, without undermining their operations in Hama(where they are still advancing).

Right now the Syrian military is in a stronger position it's ever been in since the war began. The 2nd Shaer battle shows that when ISIS meets the Syrian armed forces in open battle, ISIS gets routed. It doesn't show the weakness of the Syrian armed forces, it shows that in the last half year, the Syrian military finally adapted. ISIS can win when they launch surprise raids or attack isolated outposts that have been encircled and besieged for years like Div 17, but in regular conditions they lose every time.

Veritas Temporis Filia