Page 42 of 529 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792142 ... LastLast

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    Except the fact that the Salafi with wich are allied are not the Salafi that are attacking them.
    http://iswsyria.blogspot.it/2014/09/...e-isis-in.html
    Working with them is just not a wise thing to do.
    Miss me yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I assume only Muslims can buy it...
    "IT"
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Comes Limitis

Sick s alround.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29485405

Another UK hostage beheaded. My opinion:Its bad policy for media to cover these events so extensively. The terrorists have the ability to manipulate the public

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

although this series of Beheadings by Ibrahim and his Followers negatively effect the reputation of American and British governments, they do increasingly Justify their war on IS to their people.

The Alcotroll's Avatar Campidoctor
    The People's Democratic Republic of Lancashire.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    although this series of Beheadings by Ibrahim and his Followers negatively effect the reputation of American and British governments, they do increasingly Justify their war on IS to their people.
    Not sure what this has to do with the reputation of any Western government. The bloke was a volunteer aid-worker who helped raise funds to but medical supplies and ambulances for Syrian refugees and then helped drive them into the country, where he was promptly abducted. At no point did the British Government have any involvement in his actions.

As for a 'war' on IS, so far the RAF has flown out a grand total of two (count them) Tornadoes, with which they have (last I heard) bombed a single pick-up truck.

As much as I'd like to say that I'm itching for Cameron to grow some balls and authorise Op Telic round 2; the fact is that any such move to put boots on the ground and show these clowns the true meaning of armed brutality would only spark off another wearying and unwinnable insurgency- and frankly, we're all fed up of those by now.

Far better to just build a -off great big wall around the entire Middle East and then wait 'till the bastards have finished killing each other and are ready to come join the rest of us in the 21st Century.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    And in turn bolsters IS popular support making it stronger and the West hypocrites. Truth be told, the US and UK Governments abandoned their citizens and did not care about them at all except what they could squeeze out of them. As far as US and UK are concerned, the IS hasn't killed enough of their soldiers and frustrated their dominance enough to be negotiated with as like with the Taliban.

The US and its Allies have shown Sunnis they want to fight IS that they have no human rights and no right to pursue their own interests. So Sunnis have a choice, live under Assad's murderous and corrupt regime, or the Harsh but non-corrupt IS regime that at least provides social services. No wonder many are flocking, defecting, or aligning with IS.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Well it seems war has been declared against ISIS by a good part of the world the ones who do not support are funding them obviously.

The british have sent an extremely good destroyer to help the United States against ISIS its a type 45 "HMS DEFENDER".

Last edited by UselessPoster; October 03, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

The Alcotroll's Avatar Campidoctor
    The People's Democratic Republic of Lancashire.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishPatriot View Post

The british have sent an extremely good destroyer to help the United States against ISIS its a type 45 "HMS DEFENDER".
    You do realise that we used up the vast majority of our stocks of cruise missiles on Libya, and they still haven't been replaced- don't you?

Still, if anyone in the area wants a first-class cocktail party throwing, those are the boys for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alcotroll View Post
    You do realise that we used up the vast majority of our stocks of cruise missiles on Libya, and they still haven't been replaced- don't you?

Still, if anyone in the area wants a first-class cocktail party throwing, those are the boys for the job.
    She has a very precise and accurate and somewhat devastating front mounted gun and it has all kinds of ammo types for a lot of different situations, i would probably even speculate that even with a low amount of cruise missiles a type 45 could still put up a dam amazing fight these things are designed to annihilate things.
    Q2 2015 ...

Pielstick's Avatar Domesticus

T45 is an air defence destroyer, designed to protect the new carriers. It doesn't have any cruise missiles.

Oh yeah, and the gun on the front is 4.5" - not exactly battleship firepower. That and you'd have to sail the ship at least a few hundred miles up the Tigris or Euphrates for it to even think about being able to hit anything.

Finally Alcotrol is correct. The RAF has committed one squadron of Tornado GR.4 which numbers six aircraft..... and that constitutes an entire one third of the entire front line Tornado GR.4 fleet..... three squadrons.... 18 aircraft..... and one of those squadrons is due to disband by the end of the year.

Their main achievement so far has been using a £175,000 missile to blow up a Toyota Hilux.
    Last edited by Pielstick; October 03, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

With 600 British citizens over there fighting for ISIS I'm wondering when we'll admit the UK has a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pielstick View Post
    T45 is an air defence destroyer, designed to protect the new carriers. It doesn't have any cruise missiles.

You are correct this was blinding to me as i am totally unaware that the type 45 does not have cruise missiles!!!.
    Q2 2015 ...

Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Odenat's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    With 600 British citizens over there fighting for ISIS I'm wondering when we'll admit the UK has a real problem.
    Actually, there are more British fighting for ISIS than the British fighting against it Does it make Britain their ally, i wonder ?

Btw, the latest news are that ISIS is inside Kobane, making street battles with PKK/PYD.

I think PKK made a big mistake investing Kobane. They don't know how to fight this kind of war. And now they are accusing Turkey of not helping them because they lost the battle. Kurds are really funny

While ISIS has the Kurds outgunned, I hear the current strategy is to lure them into the urban built up areas, and give them a taste of what the Russians got in Grozny.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29485405

Another UK hostage beheaded. My opinion:Its bad policy for media to cover these events so extensively. The terrorists have the ability to manipulate the public
    Is it really the terrorists who are manipulating the public?
    My bookshelf is a hate blog.

Pielstick's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishPatriot View Post
    You are correct this was blinding to me as i am totally unaware that the type 45 does not have cruise missiles!!!.
    The only platforms the UK have that can use Tomahawk missiles are the Trafalgar and Astute class attack submarines. The other thing is they are pretty useless against time sensitive targets of opportunity (not to mention at £1m a piece it's not exactly economical to use them against a Toyota pickup with a machine gun in the back).

The Tornados represent among the best strike aircraft in the world and have the most advanced arsenal of A-G weapons, but with only six of then over there it's a political gesture more than anything else. I'd say the more significant British contribution will be some blokes from Hereford and Poole.

The irony is Britain's biggest contribution is the 600 people that left these shores to fight for IS