Page 37 of 529 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546476287137 ... LastLast

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    While such acts are inexcusable, name one side of this conflict that hasn't done two or more of those.
    Which is the point. There are no good guys. But at least Assad can offer stability and end of the sectarian violence.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Which is the point. There are no good guys. But at least Assad can offer stability and end of the sectarian violence.
    He can't offer stability. This whole mess started under his leadership. IMO, the FSA is the best option, Assad is second. But as some have already said, it doesn't seem likely that the FSA will win in the end.

TheBlackTower's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    1= asad may he is a dictator but i dont thing he ever banned twiter(unless i am mistaken)
    2= i dont see turkey having problems with soudi arabia
    Just to make things clear people, the Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, ...... etc, was all banned and tell now most of news site are banned .
    Last edited by TheBlackTower; September 29, 2014 at 11:37 PM.
    “History repeats itself because no one was listening the first time.”

justdownloading's Avatar Foederatus

Only temporarily. What happens when he dies or the populace gets fed up of being suppressed to the West's benefit and goes Arab Spring on his ass? Sectarian violence bubbles to the surface. This is a core issue which must be settled. The Middle East has to redraw its own borders, and not with outside military aid.

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...557765964.html

So one question and only

So This battle happens in the Turkish Syrian Border in front of TUrkish Troops which they know wwhat will happen in the local population if ISIL captures that town. Erdogan in papers he is against ISIL and allied with USA.

SO who is trying Mock who here ? Its obvious that turkey doesnt feel the Urge to remove ISIL .
    O, Jo wellcome back.

And what local population? All civilians fled to Turkey. Your two enemies (ISIS and PKK) are killing each other. What Turkey should wants more?
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    He can't offer stability. This whole mess started under his leadership. IMO, the FSA is the best option, Assad is second. But as some have already said, it doesn't seem likely that the FSA will win in the end.
    The whole mess started because Saudis and other countries that make Syria look like liberal democracy wanted to depose him and actively backed armed thugs which kidnap and torture people just because they are not Sunnis.

Quote Originally Posted by justdownloading View Post
    Only temporarily. What happens when he dies or the populace gets fed up of being suppressed to the West's benefit and goes Arab Spring on his ass? Sectarian violence bubbles to the surface. This is a core issue which must be settled. The Middle East has to redraw its own borders, and not with outside military aid.
    Lol what? If anything Syria under Assad was one a few regimes that didn't sell out to the West at the expense of their own people, while managing without oppression of religious minorities. I agree that most of Middle-Eastern (and post-Soviet too) borders are entirely artificial and not based on actual religious and ethnic differences, but again, Assad had to make due of what he had.

Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by white-wolf View Post
    O, Jo wellcome back.

And what local population? All civilians fled to Turkey. Your two enemies (ISIS and PKK) are killing each other. What Turkey should wants more?
    Are you sure do you have articles to state that. Not everyone leaves in other videos that i have seen Kurds form Turkey know tha people leave in tha town .

But think What happens in Turkey if kurds with USA support with EE support kick ass of ISIS . They receive money Support and weapons. Which their next target GUESS??? CAUSE this will happen. You know why you want to Get in a fight with ISIS cause element in your society support or Sympathize ISIS even to the point of Goverment. And you cannot fight ISIS cause you have all your planes Flying over Aegean. You care more to Harass Greek Borders than actually be a good ally to USA or EE.
    Turkey its justh throwing poops on the the place you should through poop cause they will come back to you.

But guess what will happen if Turke invaded Syria and Iraq to remove ISIS . Then all the West would Supported West instead the Kurds the Turk would show they are humanitarians and a Power of Stability. Instead they see narrowminded hoping isis will elimnate the Kurds. Which its obviously would not happen. And plus the refugee in your borders will create a time Bomb in your society . As did the Greek from Ismir in Greece as many after 20 years were member of the Kommunist part in Greek Civil War. Apart that they will probably settle for sure in TURKEY.
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; September 30, 2014 at 05:58 AM. Reason: off topic and disruptive parts removed

We want to eliminate ISIS, but there is no harm letting them pound the bottom of Kurds a little before

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    We want to eliminate ISIS, but there is no harm letting them pound the bottom of Kurds a little before
    Not Kurds thought, just PKK (I mean YPG). North Iraqi Kurds, Barzani are bosom friends with Erdoğan. North Iraqi Kurdistan's only ally, only gateway to the West, in the region is Turkey. Nevermind the pipe line to markets, nevermind the gazillions of Turkish business invested there. Some people think here that the Turks are blood-sworn enemy of all things Kurds.

@Jo: Please, in plain English. It is my second language and if it is gibberish I can not understand it.

You should be careful with that trust, you remember at the early times of YPG, their aim was to have a strip of Kurdistan that has borders with Iraqi K. and sea, if Kurds managed to done this you would see how much f.ck Barzani gives about Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    You should be careful with that trust, you remember at the early times of YPG, their aim was to have a strip of Kurdistan that has borders with Iraqi K. and sea, if Kurds managed to done this you would see how much f.ck Barzani gives about Turkey
    I want the moon also. It means I will get it?

I want the moon also. It means I will get it?
    If You ware a Kurd you will, ................ we stand in you face for far to long and you still think that we can't free Kurdistan

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTower View Post
    If You ware a Kurd you will, ................ we stand in you face for far to long and you still think that we can't free Kurdistan
    If I were a Kurd (nevermind one of my grandpa was a Shafi Kurd) I would like to be a citizen of Democratic Turkey which is a country in membership talks with EU (just do not ask me when she will be a member), instead of being a citizens of some * in ME. But, that is just me. IF Turkey's Kurds would like to seperate with their wortless mountainous lands, I would support it with my whole heart. But Alas, unfortunately a huge majority of Turkey's Kurds would like to stay as Turkish citizens. Also, it is needed to be understand, if a Kurdistan happens in Turkey lands, the rest will be Turkistan if you catch my meaning.

YPG pocket getting pummeled.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...k-9763658.html

Well, the US couldn't defeat 40,000 leg mobile Taliban who they outnumbered, outgunned, and outspent. What made people think it could defeat a far more effective motorized force?
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

If I were a Kurd (nevermind one of my grandpa was a Shafi Kurd) I would like to be a citizen of Democratic Turkey which is a country in membership talks with EU (just do not ask me when she will be a member), instead of being a citizens of some * in ME. But, that is just me. IF Turkey's Kurds would like to seperate with their wortless mountainous lands, I would support it with my whole heart. But Alas, unfortunately a huge majority of Turkey's Kurds would like to stay as Turkish citizens. Also, it is needed to be understand, if a Kurdistan happens in Turkey lands, the rest will be Turkistan if you catch my meaning.
    Absolutely true, but you can't deny that what we do in Iraq Kurdistan is not Good, what distinguishes Turkey from the rest of the ME, is her people and i think that you will not deny that the Kurdish people can do the same of what you did in your Country for now i would love to be a citizen in Turkey, because all this chaos that Happened in Egypt Syria and the rust of Arabia, and you may be right about the Kurdish in Turkey, but sooner or later, there will be a day where a free Kurdistan well become a True Country, and on that day you will Agree that the Kurd in Turkey will ask for their Rights in to build Kurdistan .

Well, the US couldn't defeat 40,000 leg mobile Taliban who they outnumbered, outgunned, and outspent. What made people think it could defeat a far more effective motorized force?
    They did not Defeat them because the did not want to, but if the Taliban or ISIS where on US soil they would finish them in weeks .
    Last edited by TheBlackTower; September 30, 2014 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTower View Post
    Just to make things clear people, the Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, ...... etc, was all banned and tell now most of news site are banned .
    This isn't true. Even the SAA and the NDF use Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube to release news to Syrians, and so does the Syrian media.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/30/wo...medium=twitter

Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Harrigian, assistant deputy chief of staff for the U.S. Air Force, told reporters at a briefing Monday that the U.S. military believes the ongoing bombing campaign in Syria has degraded ISIS command and control capabilities.
    There is evidence that ISIS is unable to amass troops, he said.
    If I were SecDef he would be fired and busted to Private for being being stupid.

ISA is most certainly massing troops, and is having no problems coordinating large forces across two countries and is growing as more of its former enemies defect. USAF and USN hit buildings that had been known to be empty for days prior to the strikes.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

The whole mess started because Saudis and other countries that make Syria look like liberal democracy wanted to depose him and actively backed armed thugs which kidnap and torture people just because they are not Sunnis.
    So what your saying is that it was the Saudis and other Gulf countries that paid SAA soldiers to defect to the FSA thus starting the civil war? If so, I'm going to need a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Senex View Post
    This isn't true. Even the SAA and the NDF use Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube to release news to Syrians, and so does the Syrian media.
    I said "Was" not now, before the protest all social media was banned .

Imperial's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Request a new user name View Post
    The very same Taliban that ran and hid in Pakistan?