Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear CA... No Warhammer: TW for the love of god.

Default Re: Dear CA... No Warhammer: TW for the love of god.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    LOL. Thankfully there is no evidence that a Warhammer game will be part of the Total War series. However, should Warhammer become part of the Total War series it will break 13 years of steady historical approach for a fantasy approach which is something that many fans of TW feel threatened by -- because TW is currently the only historical series of its kind out there while fantasy is everywhere in video games. Once TW goes fantasy, it may stay fantasy or become a mix of fantasy and history. Pretty easy to understand how some TW fans might not welcome that.
    No evidence? This is a Warscape dev kit screenshot: http://imgur.com/A4C6ImX

Sure, it still doesn't HAVE to be TW, but it is suggesting so: There are only other TW assets there. This next announcement still doesn't have to be WH TW though.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Keep in mind there is no super-good evidence it HAS to be a TW game. I mean, it probably is, since that Warscape dev kit screenshot shows it, but they have never said that's what they're doing with the IP, so we'll have to see. It could just be a FOTS-esque expansion for Rome 2.

I don't mind a Warhammer TW, I would love it actually. As long as it sticks to the TW more than the Warhammer RPG roll-dicey-ness. Hell, an updated Rage of the Dark Gods would suit me just fine, really.
    I just hope it isn't as bad as Rome 2 was for the first few months.

At this point CA should just have a beta period and be honest with itself. I don't think I've ever seen the community be satisfied w/ their release, since, ever. Even Rome the first year or two it had pretty big bugs as Rome 2 did.
    Who cares if its called TW or not? Seriously, the only thing i care about is that it will be (most likely) a strategy game and that it is made by CA. I for once don't just want a TW clone with ork models (as i have said plenty of times), we have mods for that. I want to see what innovative ideas CA can come up with. I expect it to be dramatically different to TW as we know it nowdays (to the point that i would not be surprised if they included some weird stuff like 3d person control).

LOL. Thankfully there is no evidence that a Warhammer game will be part of the Total War series. However, should Warhammer become part of the Total War series it will break 13 years of steady historical approach for a fantasy approach which is something that many fans of TW feel threatened by -- because TW is currently the only historical series of its kind out there while fantasy is everywhere in video games. Once TW goes fantasy, it may stay fantasy or become a mix of fantasy and history. Pretty easy to understand how some TW fans might not welcome that.
    Jesus... really... again with the name.... who the hell cares...

They have corrupted a lovely franchise with awful releases (such as rome2 or medieval 2), with roman ninjas and snake throwers... does it mean I'm going to stop loving it and start whining like a 6 year old kid just because a couple of the 15ish titles they have released in the past 14 years don't suit my particular tastes?

It's just a ing name... but anyways, if naming the game Spartan: Total Warrior instead of Spartan: Total War will stop your constant, whimsical, childish, nonsensical whining, i'm all for it.

Call it Warhammer: Love&Peace for all i care.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Just let Total War series be about history, snakepot ballistas and all. CA does not only do history games. They even started doing sports game. They have shooters now, consoles, fantasy even. But they are not part of Total War projects, and rightly so. Let mods take that vacum for Total War series.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Who cares if its called TW or not? Seriously, the only thing i care about is that it will be (most likely) a strategy game and that it is made by CA. I for once don't just want a TW clone with ork models (as i have said plenty of times), we have mods for that. I want to see what innovative ideas CA can come up with. I expect it to be dramatically different to TW as we know it nowdays (to the point that i would not be surprised if they included some weird stuff like 3d person control).
    The name's important because of what it implies gamewise. I don't mind some RPG elements, but I would want it to be mostly like TW, because King Arthur was too RPG focused to its detriment.

Also TW and Warhammer fantasy are some of my favorite things and a proper combination is my dream, so yeah I'm biased I guess.
    Last edited by DavidtheDuke; September 10, 2014 at 09:05 PM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    Spartan: Total Warrior instead of Spartan: Total War will stop your constant, whimsical, childish, nonsensical whining, i'm all for it.

Call it Warhammer: Love&Peace for all i care.
    Yes! For the love of God let Warhammer be a Playstation title! Maybe the console team can work on it after they get done with all the Alien dlc.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Yes! For the love of God let Warhammer be a Playstation title! Maybe the console team can work on it after they get done with all the Alien dlc.
    Please, do take a look at my signature if just so see how off track you are.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

For the first time this year I find myself agreeable with you.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    No evidence? This is a Warscape dev kit screenshot: http://imgur.com/A4C6ImX

Sure, it still doesn't HAVE to be TW, but it is suggesting so: There are only other TW assets there. This next announcement still doesn't have to be WH TW though.
    just as long it act like a total war game but with warhammer

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    just as long it act like a total war game but with warhammer
    Total war games thus far are fantasy anyway. Its not like you can see what happens if you change history. The originals were heading that way. Towards being a proper wargame i mean. Now the popularist marketting and publisher teams have made sure its just a game and has not advanced the formula since rome1.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

I want a historical TW not a SciFi-dumb-Fantasy TW...
    History is what made the TW games so awesome and the antique/medieval/older war style and weapons!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parau View Post
    I want a historical TW not a SciFi-dumb-Fantasy TW...
    History is what made the TW games so awesome and the antique/medieval/older war style and weapons!!!!
    Soo its not the gameplay nor how the mechanics of the game which made them good?

and welcome to the forum

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

So much negativity towards Warhammer it's unbelieveble like holy water against vampires in cliché movies. Most of the statetments against Warhammer is not why it wouldn't work as TW game but something like "I hate fantasy, CA is destroying franchise boo hoo , fantasy is for rpg and console !!111!eleven!!", most of people didn't even try Warhammer I bet.

I was also fan of TW since first Medieval, and all the way to Rome 2 (skipped only Empire and Napoleon because don't like this era) and I'd be very happy to have Warhammer game in SEGA/CA TW style, firstly because it fits theme of the game with politics, massive battalion controll, economics, variety of units deployed on the battlefield, different cultures, inspired by history (wow look at that would you?)

Warhammer isn't just ordinary fantasy game like many of you have pointed, play this damn mod and see for yourself, also I played tabletop game for some time, and collected miniatures few yrs ago. game is complex and requires knowledge of tactics and units.

First thing human races are not like in Warcraft with fantasy armors, or like in Lord of the Rings. It's all again inspired heavily by history

The Empire (XVII/XVI century Holy Roman Empire, Landknechts), Estalia, Tilea (Spain and Italy during Conquest Era, Condottieri and Spanish Tercio), Bretonnia (Medieval France/England/Arthurian Legends), Kislev (XVII century Russia/Poland), Khemri (Ancient Egypt), Norsca ( Vikings)... and there is a lot more unexplored like Nippon, Ind, Arabia etc. etc. you can go on and on. There is the other aspect of fantasy armies like Undeads, and Dark Elves but they're some best looking armies in known fantasy worlds IMO.

This gonna be long one, so let's keep going with it
    Some picture to visualize the world and how game will look like ( again if it's gonna make it)

Bretonnia

The Empire

Pistoliers

Khemri

I'm all for Warhammer game, let it happen!
    Also I'd be happy to see Medieval III, TW based on G.R.R Martin books and GoT TV series.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

That is ridiculous. Having age of mythology did not stop people from bringing age of empires 3.

And age of mthology was really awesome and had almost the exact sameplay as age of empires.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    That is ridiculous. Having age of mythology did not stop people from bringing age of empires 3.

And age of mthology was really awesome and had almost the exact sameplay as age of empires.
    I said the exact thing last time, most of these people don't even know what WH is, you just can't reason with them historical purists.

I was lurking around forum for a long time ans I thought better of TW Community as reasonable and open minded folks, guess I was wrong or it's egoistic part of community who just simply hate fantasy from personal reasons and bring it on TW franchise.

I doesn't matter WH is perfect for TW game, say whatever you like nay sayers, I love both historical and fantasy aspect for TW.

Citizen

Blog Entries

So many heads of TW purists exploding right now.

Anyways, expect your comment to be ignored.

OMG CAN'T BE TRUE!!! AHHHHHHH AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH

Again it is weird as hell right?

History purists can't be serious about pining for vanilla Total War games. By the way, join us in the Europa Barbarorum 2 forum

I think the bigger issue is Warhammer name recognition. I'm not sure too many people outside of Warhammer fans have much of an idea what it is. If it were a Lord of the Rings total war game, I think it would be enthusiastically embraced just as TATW has been.

Look, CA can't recycle the same time periods over and over again without break. There'll be Medieval 3. There'll be Rome 3. There'll be Medieval 4. And there's still room for CA to do something outside of the box. I think it can only be good for them.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    OMG CAN'T BE TRUE!!! AHHHHHHH AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH

Again it is weird as hell right?
    Even when back then I much prefered the more historical AoE2 setting, one has to agree that Age of Mithology was actually quite a good game mechanically. I'd dare say it was actually much more relevant than Age of Empires 3 ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by alex86 View Post
    History purists can't be serious about pining for vanilla Total War games. By the way, join us in the Europa Barbarorum 2 forum
    I agree, still you won't be able to reason with fanboys. About EB... well i wouldn't call it historically accurate preciselly, granted they put the effort, but they do take LOTS of "fantasy" design decissions, and they do have a lot of unhistorical rosters.

I think the bigger issue is Warhammer name recognition. I'm not sure too many people outside of Warhammer fans have much of an idea what it is. If it were a Lord of the Rings total war game, I think it would be enthusiastically embraced just as TATW has been.
    I don't know, i was a total Lord of the Rings fan as a teenager (read all the books from LotR to the Sillmarilion) to the point of knowing by memory every single dialogue in elfish in the movies... and in the other hand i was never really involved into Warhammer or W40K past the point of mere interest, and I can assure you I am way more pumped about a Warhammer game that i could ever get about a(nother) LotR game.

LotR can get boring, unimaginative and overly simplistic at times. Also, I'm sure they can make a much better game adapting an actual tabletop strategy game than adapting books and films.

Considering how Warhammer plays, it should fit in with the TW engine, with the options of adding characters and magic items to boost individual regiments. The tricky part may be detaching characters and transferring them to other regiments, or fighting independently.

The business model fits in as well, as DLCs can be timed to GW's revising of their Army Books.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Isn't Warhammer games more scripted and not kind of open ended sandbox like Total War ? At least what I remember playing them decades ago.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast