Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Go, IB, go, IB, go! Go, IB, go IB, go! Go, IB, go, IB, go! GO! GO! GO! GO!

FOEDERATI, NINJA RAP! FOEDERATI, NINJA RAP! FOEDERATI, NINJA, RAP! GO! GO! GO! GO!

IB II is coming, get hyped! Get Iced! Vanilla Iced!

Seriously, though, IB II team, go and prove to us that you're the best modding team Medieval II has ever seen.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

currently making a new patch for the team!!!!!!!
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great!!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

great news!

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    currently making a new patch for the team!!!!!!!
    This news fills me with joy, as if I've been kissed by a rose, as Seal would say.

There is a mod for RTW that is also called IB.
    It became the light on the dark side of me.
    That mod remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.
    But did you know,
    That when it snows,
    My free time to play becomes larger
    And the light from my computer screen can always be seen.

Baby!
    I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.
    Ooh,
    The more I play of you,
    The stranger it feels, yeah.
    And now that your rose is in bloom.
    A light hits the gloom on the gray.

There is so much a mod can tell you,
    So much it can say.
    You remain,
    My power, my pleasure, my pain!

Baby!
    To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.
    Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?
    But did you know,
    That when it snows,
    My free time becomes large and the light from my computer screen can always be seen.

Baby,
    I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.
    Ooh, the more I get of you
    The stranger it feels, yeah
    Now that your rose is in bloom.
    A light hits the gloom on the gray,

I've been kissed by a rose on the gray,
    I've been kissed by a rose
    I've been kissed by a rose on the gray,
    ...And if I should fall along the way
    I've been kissed by a rose
    ...been kissed by a rose on the gray.

No update on your work, not even one screenshot to please our eyes, for so many days?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    No update on your work, not even one screenshot to please our eyes, for so many days?

Im trying to get them to show off their work.. believe me Its like puling teeth. Im working on a fullbuild currently that will show al the factions and locations. Midnight, Reno have been working on unit rosters and soo many new great units. Basil has been adding banners etc.. The mod is progressing.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Im trying to get them to show off their work.. believe me Its like puling teeth. The mod is progressing.
    This is true
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    This is true
    Hey there midnight, do you think you'll ever finish that EB II legionary sub-mod thing you started a while ago as well? No worries! No rush, bro! I'd rather you aid with this IB II release first and get the big stuff out of the way. Besides, EB II is delaying their next release until like the end of September.

Hey guys, just wanted to say that I really liked IB2 Britanniae and I am looking forward to this. I would much rather play mods like this than bother with any of the new stuff like Attila (well, my computer can't run games like that anyway, but it's beside the point).

Anyway, I appreciate the work you guys do. Thanks.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Hey there midnight, do you think you'll ever finish that EB II legionary sub-mod thing you started a while ago as well? No worries! No rush, bro! I'd rather you aid with this IB II release first and get the big stuff out of the way. Besides, EB II is delaying their next release until like the end of September.

check the eb2 thread.

I have

Legionary_Victrix6
    * Legionary_Alaudae
    * Legionary_Ferrata6
    * Legionary_Fulminata
    * Legionary_Scythica

all working in the eb2 mod in custom battles

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by McCauley95 View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to say that I really liked IB2 Britanniae and I am looking forward to this. I would much rather play mods like this than bother with any of the new stuff like Attila (well, my computer can't run games like that anyway, but it's beside the point).

Anyway, I appreciate the work you guys do. Thanks.
    you are welcome. For that, I just might post some pics of the units and the opening screen

I sincerely hope the Roman factions will have same voices as in IBFD. Because that was awesome =D

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Shame on those, who push and kick the team! They are working as fast as possible for shure!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

I might have asked this a while back but have since forgotten: what battle map settlement models are you guys using? Medieval II towns and cities? Or are you using the DBM models that EB II is using now? If so that's cool, but also kind of disappointing, because those models are still extremely undeveloped and not very realistic. Kinda breaks immersion even.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I might have asked this a while back but have since forgotten: what battle map settlement models are you guys using? Medieval II towns and cities? Or are you using the DBM models that EB II is using now? If so that's cool, but also kind of disappointing, because those models are still extremely undeveloped and not very realistic. Kinda breaks immersion even.
    Sorry but .. I must disagree with you RV, actually the DBM's models are good and in my NOT humble opinion I'd say they are extremely good, probably even better than the HORRID crap CA have put into Rome2!

Look:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Indeed, I take this opportunity to say thanks to the developers of De Bello Mundi! Siete grandi, raga!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Sorry but .. I must disagree with you RV, actually the DBM's models are good and in my NOT humble opinion I'd say they are extremely good, probably even better than the HORRID crap CA have put into Rome2!

Look:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Indeed, I take this opportunity to say thanks to the developers of De Bello Mundi! Siete grandi, raga!
    As impressive as it may seem when all zoomed in, I'm not fooled by your visual demonstration, Diocle! Just as I suspected! None of your pictures here show the acropolis and center of the Roman cities in EB II. You know what is conspicuously absent from these city centers? BUILDINGS! There are no buildings at all! No temples, nothing! The guy over at DBM admitted as such, that he was having a headache making the settlements and didn't develop them fully because he felt he lacked the skills to do a complete job. Until I see temples on the acropolis in each Greek city, instead of a giant empty square with nothing, I will continue to complain.

This is how Greek cities should look, but they do not in DBM:

Also, let's not compare things to Rome II, a game I will probably never play. I might get Attila one of these days, though, heard it was better.

I added the latest settlements from DBM a few months back. We haven't really looked closely at the settlement models but from what I saw the DBM Models appeared more realistic. I added the EDB, the buildings txt file from our Britanniae mod so the building trees, economic system and the creation and maintaining armies will be very complex. Theramines has a faction strategy guide for the Britanniae mod already in place so we can further develop it on IBFD II since its the same building system. I may add several new technological trees such as metallurgy to coincide in the games development, as such with what we have in logistical engineering, but not much else as to not complicate the game too much.

An important thing to note is like in the Britannae mod, the province is the true population and the settlement(the province capital) is the representation of the province. Small like villages(non playable as a settlement) will be placed in the provinces for merchants to trade. More small like trade villages will be placed where it was known that populations existed.

There will be a IB II Britanniae, Vandalorvm influence and beyond for the Romans armies and also much improved units as Midnite and Reno have made awesome strides in creating the armies of all the factions that are in the game.

Basil is nearly done with in game banners and much of our 2d and 3d art. Absolutely beautiful work!

Also importantly the Byzantium Romans will have variations in their buildings, tech trees and units. The Huns will have nomadic like settlements. The strat model settlements you see on the map I want to stress are the creation of Icedie El Guaraní.

Quote Originally Posted by de_Montfort View Post
    I sincerely hope the Roman factions will have same voices as in IBFD. Because that was awesome =D
    This is important to the team. We may need or I should say we could use outside help on getting this right
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 28, 2015 at 09:28 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

@RV: Being an architect, let me say that the work done by DBM group is simply astonishing; about Akropolis: I've been there many times and it's unique, not all the Greek cities had such a magnificent place, as not all the Roman cities had the Pantheon, but all in all who cares? For me the buildings by DBM are very good and, I repeat: being an architect .. my opinion on the matter is pretty technical ; about temples: in my pics there are two Roman temples and large Persian temple, what do you want more? They have even four columns and one of them is even a circular temple! (side question: why did CA create in RTW Greek Roman temples with an odd number of columns? Mysteries of human idiocy!).

All in all if the DBM modder says that the buildings still need to be polished this is just the proof of the great reliability of the Mod Team.
    The screens of the Roman city under rain are taken using "Oppida" that comes with the mod, the Mod Oppida is the city viewer for Med2 and it's a magnificent feature for any Mod.

Anyway good work Rio, I'm eagerly awaiting for the incoming materpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    @RV: Being an architect, let me say that the work done by DBM group is simply astonishing; about Akropolis: I've been there many times and it's unique, not all the Greek cities had such a magnificent place, as not all the Roman cities had the Pantheon, but all in all who cares? For me the buildings by DBM are very good and, I repeat: being an architect .. my opinion on the matter is pretty technical ; about temples: in my pics there are two Roman temples and large Persian temple, what do you want more? They have even four columns and one of them is even a circular temple! (side question: why did CA create in RTW Greek Roman temples with an odd number of columns? Mysteries of human idiocy!).

All in all if the DBM modder says that the buildings still need to be polished this is just the proof of the great reliability of the Mod Team.
    The screens of the Roman city under rain are taken using "Oppida" that comes with the mod, the Mod Oppida is the city viewer for Med2 and it's a magnificent feature for any Mod.

Anyway good work Rio, I'm eagerly awaiting for the incoming materpiece!
    Well, yes, not every Greek city was as spectacular looking or as monumental as Athens, but there were plenty of near equals, like Pergamon for instance, to say nothing of Alexandria, Antioch, Seleucia, Syracuse, Rhodes, etc. Each of those cities also had grandiose temples and a theater for Greek drama.

If I possessed the skills to do it, I would most certainly try to improve the settlements, to fill up the city centers instead of having bizarre empty space (to be honest, I think EB II's version of the DBM settlements are even worse, for some reason, when they got imported). I would do that or at least try to help the team import the Natus Ob Imperium settlements (which aren't being used at all because their mod isn't even released yet):

Such a shame these settlements are just sitting around and not being used! They are a masterpiece.