Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Default Re: IB2 IBFD II Developments

Yeah great! Keep the good work up, im so excited! I hope IBFD II will come first and then Odoacer!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

The Mod will begin with the invasion of Gaul and the great battle of Battle of Châlons. As the Huns under Atilla you may change history forever!

Last edited by Riothamus; April 07, 2015 at 08:54 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    The Mod will begin with the invasion of Gaul and the great battle of Battle of Châlons. As the Huns under Atilla you may change history forever!

Wait a minute...you guys are actually close to being finished creating this mod?

Tell me I'm dreaming...I thought 2017 at the earliest, maybe 2018 if we were lucky (considering how slow other mods progress, like EB II). You can't be serious; you've got an actual campaign map all sorted out already? That's like the last leg of development, isn't it? Are all the units skinned? Are battle mechanics up to speed? How do battle map settlements look?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Wait a minute...you guys are actually close to being finished creating this mod?

Tell me I'm dreaming...I thought 2017 at the earliest, maybe 2018 if we were lucky (considering how slow other mods progress, like EB II). You can't be serious; you've got an actual campaign map all sorted out already? That's like the last leg of development, isn't it? Are all the units skinned? Are battle mechanics up to speed? How do battle map settlements look?
    Not quite yet Roma_Victrix but we got other completed mods here to work off of so it shouldn't take us beyond 2015. Things are rolling now

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Yeah great news!!!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's fantastic news!!

That's some great dedication here Don't keep us waiting any longer, please

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Opens with the Battle on the Catalaunian Fields? Must... download...

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Urgh! Need! Must play!
    Last edited by isa0005; May 11, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Urgh! Need! Must play!
    Updates are coming!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Thanks - we (lurkers + fans) keep watching

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post

The Icons are the Imperium Romanum pars Occidentalis, Imperium Romanum pars Orientalis, Concilium Britannae, Hunni, Burgunduiones, Suebi, Dumnonia, Thuringi/Rugii, Frankii, Seaxna, Gepidii, Alemanni, Vandalii, Armenia, Berbers/Mauri, Pictii, Ostroghotii, Visighotii, Slavii and Imperium Sassanidorum.

Cheers
    May I suggest you - if it is possible within the faction limits, and it doesn't take too much time - to implement the Shadow Factions (as were the ERE and WRE rebels in Barbarian Invasion) for the Huns, the Sassanids, and both Roman Empires? I seem to remember they're still present in Medieval II code and just need to be reactivated. It would make playing a big faction much more intriguing, and greatly enhance the roleplaying aspect, since every rebellion or betrayal could lead to the establishment of what can be roleplayed as a civil war? It would be a really interesting feature, since even in mid game, you'd still face occasional turmoil within your Empire. Of, course, it is up to you, guys, to decide what to do - and if it would serve your mod's purpose. Just a suggestion from a really excited TW player

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Yes that would be great. The Barons' Alliance is a shadow faction

Quote Originally Posted by waveman View Post
    Yes that would be great. The Barons' Alliance is a shadow faction
    This can be done. We originally had it in the Vandals campaign but rid it because it was constant rebellions. I think we now know how to control that

Decanus

This can be done. We originally had it in the Vandals campaign but rid it because it was constant rebellions. I think we now know how to control that
    Now, that's truly some good new I'm eagerly waiting for the first release, while I take a look at Britanniae

Miles

Ahem..........for the Iazgyes!!!!

A Hun Strat model general and its nomadic settlement. Nomadic settlements will not grow very large. Much of everything will be built within three levels. This will be similar to the Barbarian(Franks, Visigoths etc..) settlements. I'll post one soon with its General

Last edited by Riothamus; May 25, 2015 at 04:08 PM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's a real beauty!! Well done!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

A Hun Strat model general and its nomadic settlement. Nomadic settlements will not grow very large. Much of everything will be built within three levels. This will be similar to the Barbarian(Franks, Visigoths etc..) settlements. I'll post one soon with its General

Wait, is that map zoomed in, or is the whole of North Africa and the Levant removed from your mod!

That is worrisome to me, because although the Western Roman Empire's control over their portion of North Africa at this point is tenuous with the Vandals ruling over Carthage, the existence of Egypt within the Eastern Roman Empire, let alone the "Holy Land" of the Levant, is as necessary to the strengthening of their empire as the cash cow of Anatolia. The ERE isn't much if it's just Greece and Anatolia, which is what the Byzantine Empire looked like for much of the Middle Ages following the Islamic invasions of the 7th century. It would be like removing all of Iberia or Gaul from the WRE. From the look of your map, the Sassanids don't really figure into the game as well, only Armenia! Should we all be worried about all of this?

Also, it would be kind of silly to remove Jerusalem of all cities in a mod where the main Roman religion, at least in the ERE, will be Christianity. Jerusalem is the heart of Christianity and was viewed as such even by the Byzantines when Emperor Heraclius reclaimed it from the Sassanids in the early 7th century AD to restore the True Cross (a decade before the Muslims marched in and took it).