Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [BAW 2.0] Chapter III

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Re: [BAW 2.0] Chapter III

Lol. Well hey, I'm just waiting for folks to catch up with me at the tail end of the Dark Ages Once that's done we can proceed to call a vote on how much further we should progress (to the High/Late Middle Ages, beyond, or not at all).

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Some uber-destruction in the Dark Ages could spice things up.
    And preferably not in the Arionnic neighborhood, but primarily somewhere else.

Batu-Atilla?

That...could actually be a pretty fun idea Especially with Total War Attila having just been announced, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    That...could actually be a pretty fun idea Especially with Total War Attila having just been announced, heh.
    For Khio Na, we could adjust Agdu Baratun's conquests to reach further east or north.

I think there's too much stability going on in the world, to be honest.
    Sure, there's conquests and stuff, but the actual progression of technology and prosperity is pretty stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    For Khio Na, we could adjust Agdu Baratun's conquests to reach further east or north.
    Already did just that weeks ago while writing up the Middle Era (technically Dark Ages) Falinesti, actually. Compare his holdings on the old map with the the new one. (granted, I forgot to paint the giant island to the south, but that's part of Astonogo Veli and thus falls outside of my jurisdiction anyway It's still safe to assume that Agdu Baratun still controls it as he did in the old map, though)

@BF True, though that's mostly due to the geography of this world; the biggest and most obvious example being that our 'Europe' (Mannasin Dest) is disconnected from 'Asia' (Anvakhano), which rules out any nomadic invasion of Arion (their biggest and fatal opponent turned out to be the men of the Barbarian culture). That's OK though I suppose, since it opens up new possibilities, like a black (Batu) Attila waging war against Kip's vaguely Mesopotamian/Mesoamerican city states, desert people and Lucius's Ahunmese And technically speaking I believe Dan intended for his Dafcik Agdu Baratun guy to also be an Attila of sorts (not that this should rule out other uber-destructive conquerors elsewhere ofc), and they've already fought some impressively destructive wars against my European-influenced Falinesti...over in our 'North America' (Khio Na)
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; September 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM.

Already did just that weeks ago while writing up the Middle Era (technically Dark Ages) Falinesti, actually. Compare his holdings on the old map with the the new one. (granted, I forgot to paint the giant island to the south, but that's part of Astonogo Veli and thus falls outside of my jurisdiction anyway It's still safe to assume that Agdu Baratun still controls it as he did in the old map, though)
    I meant more than that, lol. Like Baratun conquering perhaps to the Udalanesti(but not being able to hold the conquests for long) for example...but what he has probably is enough.

Alright, well, I'll start with Kawgala-Khamboja (Kawgala "the Red-Feathered"), then.
    A volcanic eruption in northern Essita-En has unprecedented shockwaves?
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; September 26, 2014 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    Alright, well, I'll start with Kawgala-Khamboja (Kawgala "the Red-Feathered"), then.
    A volcanic eruption in northern Essita-En has unprecedented shockwaves?
    Sure, go for it.

Talking with LM about the Ahunmese, since they're the closest and the most probable 'targets'.

I think the dynamic would be like the Sea-Peoples, but maybe it'll inspire other users to continue the "domino effect" - and then we can even kill off 40 million people and truly use the word "Dark Ages"

9:11 AM - Sotha Sil: my plan now is that
    9:11 AM - Sotha Sil: after the Katun Classical Period, there's the Collapse in the 3000's
    9:11 AM - Sotha Sil: then the Twilight Kingdoms Period in the early 4000's
    9:12 AM - Sotha Sil: then the eruption of the volcano and the fall of Arion brings in the Red Century
    9:12 AM - Sotha Sil: the Red Century is the 100 years of bloodshed as 75%+ of the inhabitants of the islands scramble southwest to Anvakhano
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; September 26, 2014 at 11:13 AM.

I thought LM was moving the Ahunmese further west, where Gesh used to be, since Mutton's Batu seemed to expand way more out east than west? Or is that not happening, and thus he's staying out east? Either way though, that 'Dark Age Sea Peoples' idea does sound intriguing.

Btw, would anyone have any objections to me claiming the following area for a nomadic culture?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Something vaguely Mongolian/Hunnic in appearance, and which I'd hope to be influenced by the tribal nature of the Aboriginals. As you can see from their central location and the puny size of their domains, they'd basically be a football between any other regional powers in the vicinity, regularly kicked around & conquered/raided/otherwise harassed for thousands of years, but come the High Middle Ages (as of now, the Dark Ages, they'd still be an irrelevant non-entity) they may become the 'Mongols' of Anvakhano - an out-of-nowhere rampaging doomhorde that also ironically helps bring distant parts of the continent into contact with each other (by invading and possibly outright conquering them), helped in no small part b/c their neighbors are likely to underestimate them after spending millennia easily kicking them around. What can I say, from the tiny acorn grows the mighty oak (nevermind that oak trees probably don't grow in the area I claimed lol), and all that What do you guys think?

I thought LM was moving the Ahunmese further west, where Gesh used to be, since Mutton's Batu seemed to expand way more out east than west? Or is that not happening, and thus he's staying out east? Either way though, that 'Dark Age Sea Peoples' idea does sound intriguing.
    I.. was not aware. Must have missed that.
    If Ahun is not to the south... Hmm, then what is?
    Ahumese imperial frontiers? Batu lands? Batu states? Batu lands under Ahunmese rule?
    He's told me that, around the time I want the Red Century to begin (c.4500-c.4600), the Ahunmese are going through a disastrous civil war of sorts.

The nature of the invasions/raids/assaults would be that of the Sea Peoples, surely, but also with the known and attested ferocity of the Eurasian Migration Period.
    However, I see one interesting reverse: considering Ahun is very slave-centric, perhaps the Katun Invaders free the slaves they come across in the cities they raze and often take them with them.
    This gives them some potential acceleration.
    Imagine cities being assaulted by massive fleets of scale-armored, feathered, longbow-wielding warriors with Native American physical appearance.

Btw, would anyone have any objections to me claiming the following area for a nomadic culture?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Something vaguely Mongolian/Hunnic in appearance, and which I'd hope to be influenced by the tribal nature of the Aboriginals. As you can see from their central location and the puny size of their domains, they'd basically be a football between any other regional powers in the vicinity, regularly kicked around & conquered/raided/otherwise harassed for thousands of years, but come the High Middle Ages (as of now, the Dark Ages, they'd still be an irrelevant non-entity) they may become the 'Mongols' of Anvakhano - an out-of-nowhere rampaging doomhorde that also ironically helps bring distant parts of the continent into contact with each other (by invading and possibly outright conquering them), helped in no small part b/c their neighbors are likely to underestimate them after spending millennia easily kicking them around. What can I say, from the tiny acorn grows the mighty oak (nevermind that oak trees probably don't grow in the area I claimed lol), and all that What do you guys think?
    Interesting.

I wonder if Total War: Attila is getting to our heads though

Well, I raised the question over Skype the last time we spoke, and LM didn't outright say yes or no back then. Looking at the old Batu map it does seem that they'd be the ones in your way, unless the Ahunmese are still to their east (but then that raises the question as to why the Batu would push that far out east without someone pressuring their western border). Honestly I have no clue what's going on with the Ahunmese vis-a-vis the Batu anymore, @LM and Mutton if either/both of you guys could pop in here and tell us who's where that'd be great

Edit: I believe Xion wanted to create a new desert culture out there, so they could also be another opponent of yours (in addition to the Tsuarin/Teisarians on S. Essita-En). If the Ahunmese aren't still sitting on the NE coast ofc. As I said, I have no idea where anyone besides Xion in that area is supposed to be or if their claims are conflicting anymore.
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; September 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

I was hoping to claim majority if not all of that large brown area on the Southern Continent (with bits of the northern coast that will serve as ports).

I will make a map of the three empires tonight (relatively rough draft ones) in order to show where they would be.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Well...looks like we've got our first major map dispute then guys, considering that Xion also claimed that area a few days ago. Would you two be amenable to negotiating over the area, either publicly here or privately, or would you rather just have me roll some dice for it?

I even asked if anyone had any plans for that desert a few days before posting the two cultures.
    Last edited by Xion; September 26, 2014 at 01:18 PM.

Citizen

I did state four days ago that I wasn't planning to drop Ahunmese at all, I was just waiting a bit before moving to there.

September 22, 2014. Page 7, Post 139
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    That's what I plan to do as I said before. Bring out the Old Empire pot and throw in a little Northern culture, Mede Empire (claimed the throne by right of conquest perhaps), maybe even some Nordic stuff (as well as anything else I can find), and BOOM! You got the New Empire.

I still will be doing Ahunmese and my Long Ren (Asian culture) at the same time. But this will be a little more simple to do since its a successor state.

Dan keep me updated on your city-state idea.

Btw, I am gonna need any and all Arionnic history to get this done right.
    I haven't been paying much attention here, so I will take fault in not posting when you did, Xion. But I do remember stating I still keeping the Ahunmese (which I have told many times is in that big desert area in the northern parts of the southern continent), I was just moving my focus to the Galaron Empire because its easier to do as of right now.

Barry, you kept getting confused on where they were. You kept wondering if they were gonna replace the Gesh or not, to which I have not said I was going to replace the Gesh. I have always said "big desert area in the northern parts of the southern continent."

Anyways I will discuss with Xion in private.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; September 26, 2014 at 01:50 PM.

Yeah, I was confused myself since 1) we'd discussed the idea of moving Ahunmese west to where Gesh used to be over our last Skype convo and it wasn't entirely clear whether you were going with it or not at the time (I don't have Skype atm, but as I recall your response was something along the lines of 'I'll think about it') and 2) the Gesh area seems much better suited to an Egypt-like culture or civilization anyway (there's a river there and the savanna would probably be more conducive to agriculture than the sands and scrubland of the east, which Dan described as having 'medium to low soil fertility' and 'medium to low precipitation' in the terrain map). But thanks, good to see you guys are already moving ahead with discussion; please publicly post whatever settlement you've reached, when you do reach it, and if you have any questions you can ofc PM me at any time.

Citizen

Yeah you got confused on whether or not I agreed on moving them to the Gesh area. However, I still kept saying that I was remaining in that desert area, so that kind of is showing that I wasn't seriously considering it. However I will most likely consider the Gesh area now in case this cannot be fully resolved or a good settlement could not be reached.

Citizen

Actually gonna void this for now
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; September 26, 2014 at 03:58 PM.