Thread: How to pack sounds in Shogun 2 (Shogun 2 sounds packing tool)

Sir Althfons's Avatar Civis

Default How to pack sounds in Shogun 2 (Shogun 2 sounds packing tool)

So I want to make sound packs for my units to have new responses to say when selected and that like...

I need to now how can you make one of these packs, which can be found in the pack sounds/ sounds_packed, and are listed into data/ db/ sound_events_tables

but yet, I can't find any tool that can do this. And that's my main question.

Default Re: How to pack sounds in Shogun 2 (Shogun 2 sounds packing tool)

Self-answering in case someone reads this and results useful to him:_It's archives are of format WEM -Wwise Encoded Media File; it opens with Wwise program from Audiokinetic: https://www.audiokinetic.com/ , a paid licence software.

Greetings everybody

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Well, you can use Sinfonia Semplice to de-compile the original files and then modify those. You can add more sound-files for existing sounds, like selecting and such, but adding completely new sounds/new events I dont think is possible yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugie View Post
    Well, you can use Sinfonia Semplice to de-compile the original files and then modify those. You can add more sound-files for existing sounds, like selecting and such, but adding completely new sounds/new events I dont think is possible yet.
    Now, you caught me offtopic, but I remember the very point was to get files you want to use in the right format, which is, as stated, WEM, and can only be done with Wwise till now, though thanks for the trial at least.
    My goal was to implement unused existing shogun II sounds which currently are not in the required format.
    I've tried, and I know there's no other way than this.