Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Better CAI "PiterAI" (smarter opponents) EB 2.4a

Default Re: New CAI/PiterAI1.3 (artificial Intelligence)

Quote Originally Posted by Piterx93 View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood. I think it's AI is still better than the original, has not been superseded. With all due respect to the creators of the original AI of EB2.
    Hi Piterx93, can you make your CAI compatible with EB2 2.1b ?

I need the latest config_ai_battle.

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Hi Piterx93, can you make your CAI compatible with EB2 2.1b ?
    Finished

Default Re: New CAI/PiterAI1.3 (artificial Intelligence) (eb2.1b)

Download link wont work with mozzilla

Quote Originally Posted by juddur View Post
    Download link wont work with mozzilla

Works well.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Don't work for me.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

it works with internet explorer, it doesnt seem to work with google or firefox browsers , it gets flagged as harmful.

Thanks for the information.

Civis

Hi,

Is this compatible with 2.2b?

Thank you for the effort put into this!
    best Regards,

Not even remotely compatible with 2.2b, the way the CAI is done is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Piterx93 View Post
    Hello,
    Your Ai mod works great for DaC and i wanted to play it in EB, but after replacing ''campaign.ai.db'' file, the campaign does not start and instead an error pops up.
    Is Your ai mod currect with 2.35 version?

Default Re: Better CAI "PiterAI" (smarter opponents) EB 2.35

Have you reduced the size of rebel armies and garrisons? Carthage basically took Syracuse in the first turn and there is just the one rebel stack in cisalpine gaul. Really like the sound of the changes you have made but not this part, don't like to expand too fast.

Edit: Yeah you did as far as i can tell by comparing descr stat, i tried loading the game without it copied over but it unsurprisingly popped up errors. Well that's unfortunate.
    Last edited by Martin N; January 12, 2021 at 02:05 AM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Have you reduced the size of rebel armies and garrisons? Carthage basically took Syracuse in the first turn and there is just the one rebel stack in cisalpine gaul. Really like the sound of the changes you have made but not this part, don't like to expand too fast.

In this submod the size of rebel armies are reduced, thats why i tried only to use "Ai file"-"campaing db" but this didnt work for me and game crashes.
    Its sadly because i have good experience with Piter Ai in another mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    In this submod the size of rebel armies are reduced, thats why i tried only to use "Ai file"-"campaing db" but this didnt work for me and game crashes.
    Its sadly because i have good experience with Piter Ai in another mods.
    I actually figured out how to "correct it" if you want, just copy and paste over the old EB2 vanilla rebel data from the backup desc strat. Its a whole long section listed under ;REBEL ARMIES so its easy to find with ctrl + F.

The issue now though is he will have reduced it for a reason so i am not sure how the increased rebel size will effect how the AI operates but i am going to try it anyway.
    Last edited by Martin N; January 12, 2021 at 02:43 AM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

I actually figured out how to "correct it" if you want, just copy and paste over the old EB2 vanilla rebel data from the backup desc strat. Its a whole long section listed under ;REBEL ARMIES so its easy to find with ctrl + F.

The issue now though is he will have reduced it for a reason so i am not sure how the increased rebel size will effect how the AI operates but i am going to try it anyway.
    It worked for me. Thank You very much for helping!
    Let's test this Ai

It worked for me. Thank You very much for helping!
    Let's test this Ai
    It was no bother you are welcome. I am using it in conjunction with the "huge units mod" as Rome, which increases default horse and foot numbers to 252 while also raising upkeep and cost accordingly, to the point you are losing money with Rome right at the start of turn 1.

I never ever get attacked by the huge stacks up north in default EB either so i always move the northern army down south to help with Rhegion and Carthage, low and behold the rebels invade Ariminum within the first few turns and so i don't immediately have the funds or the forces to repel them.

This is to say that i am really enjoying it so far, even if i am introducing outside factors with other submods. At the same time as these rebels Carthage is also conquering cities on Sicily forcing Rome in to war early which i have also never seen, they pretty much always remain passive on hard difficulty.

I am really curious how aggressive these rebels are without the default pool of units they have now.
    Last edited by Martin N; January 12, 2021 at 04:55 PM.

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

It was no bother you are welcome. I am using it in conjunction with the "huge units mod" as Rome, which increases default horse and foot numbers to 252 while also raising upkeep and cost accordingly, to the point you are losing money with Rome right at the start of turn 1.

I never ever get attacked by the huge stacks up north in default EB either so i always move the northern army down south to help with Rhegion and Carthage, low and behold the rebels invade Ariminum within the first few turns and so i don't immediately have the funds or the forces to repel them.

This is to say that i am really enjoying it so far, even if i am introducing outside factors with other submods. At the same time as these rebels Carthage is also conquering cities on Sicily forcing Rome in to war early which i have also never seen, they pretty much always remain passive on hard difficulty.

I am really curious how aggressive these rebels are without the default pool of units they have now.

You made me very interested in the sub-mod ''huge units mod'' increasing also the maintenance cost of the units. I like when campaign is more challanging. I will definitely test it, but this time I started the campaign with this Piter's ai and Strategios sub-mod. The battles are more difficult. I hope the new campaign Ai will be agressive.

I would also ask You for a campaing report after playing some time with whis AI

You made me very interested in the sub-mod ''huge units mod'' increasing also the maintenance cost of the units. I like when campaign is more challanging. I will definitely test it, but this time I started the campaign with this Piter's ai and Strategios sub-mod. The battles are more difficult. I hope the new campaign Ai will be agressive.

I would also ask You for a campaing report after playing some time with whis AI
    Unfortunately can't recommend it with the increase in maintainence right now, it was great fun in the early game as it was more challenging but half of the factions ended up flatline bankrupt on the faction rankings and staying bankrupt, which made them extremely passive to the point their units would hardly move at all.

It makes sense though i guess if the money script isn't created with these new numbers in mind. What's the Strategios sub mod? From what i saw of Piters before the bankruptcy took effect you should enjoy it too, guess im restarting my campaign with the defaults though so i would be more interested in how yours is going.

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Unfortunately can't recommend it with the increase in maintainence right now, it was great fun in the early game as it was more challenging but half of the factions ended up flatline bankrupt on the faction rankings and staying bankrupt, which made them extremely passive to the point their units would hardly move at all.

It makes sense though i guess if the money script isn't created with these new numbers in mind. What's the Strategios sub mod? From what i saw of Piters before the bankruptcy took effect you should enjoy it too, guess im restarting my campaign with the defaults though so i would be more interested in how yours is going.

Thank You for your response!

Strategios submod is big one. Introduces the numper of various changes to the morale of units. The battles now are more difficult.
    To learn as much as possible about the modification, it is best to read the orginal post on twc. It is in on page 2 in submods category.
    My English is too week to describe the modificatnion

I have played only 18 turns with Hellens, and I'm not sure that campaing ai is better than orginal one, must test more.
    Although i recoment Strateios mod and also I will report how campaign is going with Piter ai in future