Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Better CAI "PiterAI" (smarter opponents) EB 2.4a

Default Re: New CAI/PiterAI1.0

The game anyone? How impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Piterx93 View Post
    The game anyone? How impressions?
    installing 2.1 now... will give it a go as soon as I get the chance. would you recomended a particular difficulty level (and a faction perhaps) at all?
    thanks!:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    installing 2.1 now... will give it a go as soon as I get the chance. would you recomended a particular difficulty level (and a faction perhaps) at all?
    thanks!:-)
    h/h

h/h
    only had the time for some 15 turns, so not much to report. played as Nabateans on H/H. sealed alliance with Ptolemies (+trade), and trade with Seleucids. Saba 'just rejected' my alliance offer but agreed to trade. on turn 2 or 3, Pergamese diplomat showed up asking for an alliance! there are plenty of rebels around, I conquered a settlement to my south but then lost most of my army trying to confront an all-cavalry rebel host.

okay, ran the campaign for another 20 turns. did literally nothing, apart from defeating a tiny rebel army that was station in my province. there is still another nearly full stack of rebels there but i have no strength to challenge them at all. in the meantime, my relations with all known factions worsened. it is now 'poor' with Pergamon and Seleucids, and 'so-so' with Saba and my allies the Ptolies. not sure what is hapening, for as i said, i did literally nothing skipping turns and trying to climb out of red (i was -26k in debt). can it be that I dont fight rebels, or because i am exceptionally weak militarily? cannot find any other reasonable explanation, aside from a script that gradually decrease the relations no matter what.

okay, ran the campaign for another 20 turns. did literally nothing, apart from defeating a tiny rebel army that was station in my province. there is still another nearly full stack of rebels there but i have no strength to challenge them at all. in the meantime, my relations with all known factions worsened. it is now 'poor' with Pergamon and Seleucids, and 'so-so' with Saba and my allies the Ptolies. not sure what is hapening, for as i said, i did literally nothing skipping turns and trying to climb out of red (i was -26k in debt). can it be that I dont fight rebels, or because i am exceptionally weak militarily? cannot find any other reasonable explanation, aside from a script that gradually decrease the relations no matter what.
    Many thanks for the description of the campaign.

Not just changed my Relations. I know that the conquest of new provinces and wars, conquests allies badly affect this.

thanks Piter. im a bankrupt and the weakest faction militarily. and i forgot to mention that the settlement i conquered was 'occupied,' and so that shouldnt trigger much hatred towards me, iirc.

cheers:-)

thanks Piter. im a bankrupt and the weakest faction militarily. and i forgot to mention that the settlement i conquered was 'occupied,' and so that shouldnt trigger much hatred towards me, iirc.

cheers:-)
    Everything works well?

Everything works well?
    sorry, Piter, havent had a chance to play-test at all, im afraid. extremely busy atm. but i seem to have found an answer as to why my relations with other 'known' factions gradually worsening. as was discussed here, unfulfilled trade rights are apparently causing the relations deterioration. the trouble is, the AI seems to propose trade right even when trade is physicall impossible. i wnader if that could be prevented? also not sure if thats an option, but making rebels more active could be a good thing too. theres full stack just sitting in one of my provinces. it could have easily destroyed me by now, but does nothing (playing on H/H), and is merely a minor inconvinience.

thanks!

Default Re: New CAI/PiterAI1.2 (artificial Intelligence)

Hi,

i'm around 260bc with my Pahlava Campaing. The rebels are very agressive, i already lost one town because i undervalued them . Also, i'm actually kinda migrating into the lands of the Seleucids as i was attacked by the Scythians from the north and lost my northward towns before winning them back All in all it looks really solid

Rome/Carthage seem to consistently go to war between turns 30-50, which is good.

KH and Arche Seleukia seem to fall in a pattern of declare war / make peace in consecutive turns, rinse, repeat. Kinda weird.

Thank you! Could you describe exactly? Vassals when this happens?

Hm, it doesn't happen *every* turn, but it's happened more than a few times that I've noticed. What happens is I get the notification that KH/Sel are at war. Then the next turn, they ceasefire.

Some time later, they're at war again. Then ceasefire. No messages about vassalage.

It's probably not really even a problem, just that they keep declaring war without appearing to do much. As opposed to the Rome/Carthage conflict that is still ongoing (although I don't know if they're *doing* anything either.)

One minor complaint I have and I'm not sure if it's the CAI or not, but I don't like it when AI factions get destroyed too early. There are over 1000 turns (250 years+) of EB2 gameplay, but I'm 25-30 years in factions are starting to go. Some of these declines might be historical, but I would like it better if AI factions are hard to kill off, as once they're gone, they're gone forever. And it leaves a significant vacuum for the victor to take over.

Here's a different thing from the same campaign:

I wish the KH would do something here! Maybe send it to defend their only other settlement from the Seleucids, or take the Macedon settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by alex86 View Post
    Here's a different thing from the same campaign:

I wish the KH would do something here! Maybe send it to defend their only other settlement from the Seleucids, or take the Macedon settlements.
    Thanks, I'll try to fix it.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I want to ask something. Is possible this CAI to modify somehow to work with EB I?

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    I want to ask something. Is possible this CAI to modify somehow to work with EB I?
    Probably not.

Someone pointed out that after uploading submod Battle AI works better?

@Piter can you give me a link to your polish forum? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    @Piter can you give me a link to your polish forum? thanks
    @mr mojo risin http://forum.totalwar.org.pl/