Page 9 of 156 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Yes I or wiff will post some more. Wiff is putting something nice together picture wise so look out for that. for now here is something cool.[IMG] picture upload[/IMG]
    Is one of them flying!?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Is one of them flying!?
    Yep, that's what wings are for, after all. They fly as they charge.

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

For long I've waited that someone will create a submod like this... it'a AMAZING ! Finally a map that allows you to play with all the world's major armies of warhammer fantasy! I've have some questions (and suggestions ) about the submod:
    1) the Empire (and the Theogonist) will be united in one faction or it will remain separated into its province? If done as one faction you will gain 10 faction slot free that can be use for other "minor" faction such as Estalia, Tilea, Araby and Albion; they can also be used to split the Orcs and Goblin, aside from Night Goblins, into two other subfaction like "Savage Orcs" and "Forest Goblins". I'm already imaginating a new script that will involve Grimgor Ironhide into unite all Greenskins under his banner and follow him in his WAAAAAGHHHH by showing them who is "Da Best and da Strongest", and every time you conquer some key settlement of this faction they will join you unlocking new units, how precisely savage orcs, night and forest goblins, squigs, spiders etc....; the same can be also applied to Skaven.
    2) Tilea, Estalia, Araby and Albion will be considerer Rebels? Because if you gain the free faction slots from the Empire they can easily be added since the fact that most of their units according to these unofficial army books, but incredibly close to the real ones made by Game Workshop can be created using the models of vanilla units of Spain, Milan, Venice, Moors and Turks from Medieval 2, menwhile some will need proper models. About Albion since its people have a "celtic" look can be used the models of Gauls, Pritanoi and Swabians units from the mod "The Bello Mundi" without problem or ask permission to the creators, since one of them, Rhaymo, has said here that all their mod feature except CAI (Campaign AI files), can be used by others, kindly be inserted in credits;
    3) Will Chaos Dwarfs have more settlements including The Tower of Zarr-Naggrund? I ask it because they are one of my favourite since thay are the most technologically advanced chaos faction .
    4) About the unofficial army bokk that I linked before they also contain great information about that people, lands and culture of that place in warhammer world, so I hope that it will be helpful for you to develop this beautiful submod .

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, Chaos Dwarves get a lot of settlements, though if the Empire is unified it will be far too OP I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbomen95 View Post
    1) the Empire (and the Theogonist) will be united in one faction or it will remain separated into its province?
    There won't be a Theogonist faction, as that never made any sense to me, since he lives in Altdorf, and could never call crusades that everyone would follow. The Grand Theogonist will be part of Reikland's faction as a high level priest. But the Empire for now will remain separate provinces. There's just no easy way to do The Empire justice as a single faction.

If done as one faction you will gain 10 faction slot free that can be use for other "minor" faction such as Estalia, Tilea, Araby and Albion; they can also be used to split the Orcs and Goblin, aside from Night Goblins, into two other subfaction like "Savage Orcs" and "Forest Goblins". I'm already imaginating a new script that will involve Grimgor Ironhide into unite all Greenskins under his banner and follow him in his WAAAAAGHHHH by showing them who is "Da Best and da Strongest", and every time you conquer some key settlement of this faction they will join you unlocking new units, how precisely savage orcs, night and forest goblins, squigs, spiders etc....; the same can be also applied to Skaven.
    There are some other ways of presenting similar ideas, which we plan to do. We don't have much scripting done, yet, but we have some good ideas working.

2) Tilea, Estalia, Araby and Albion will be considerer Rebels? Because if you gain the free faction slots from the Empire they can easily be added since the fact that most of their units according to these unofficial army books, but incredibly close to the real ones made by Game Workshop can be created using the models of vanilla units of Spain, Milan, Venice, Moors and Turks from Medieval 2, menwhile some will need proper models. About Albion since its people have a "celtic" look can be used the models of Gauls, Pritanoi and Swabians units from the mod "The Bello Mundi" without problem or ask permission to the creators, since one of them, Rhaymo, has said here that all their mod feature except CAI (Campaign AI files), can be used by others, kindly be inserted in credits;
    Mostly rebels, but not entirely. I'd rather avoid using any unofficial army books as a basis, rather going by old, official sources, such as the Dogs of War book, which talked a lot about Tilea and its units, and various bits of lore from novels. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of unit slots left, but we're filling the mod up nicely so far while trying to cut as little as possible.

3) Will Chaos Dwarfs have more settlements including The Tower of Zarr-Naggrund? I ask it because they are one of my favourite since thay are the most technologically advanced chaos faction .
    Chaos Dwarfs will have almost their full Empire present. They should be a lot more fun and lore friendly to play as.

4) About the unofficial army bokk that I linked before they also contain great information about that people, lands and culture of that place in warhammer world, so I hope that it will be helpful for you to develop this beautiful submod .
    Thanks, I hope you enjoy playing it when it's released!

Will the beastmen be a playable faction?

Thank you Whiff for having answer me .
    For the units slot you can recover 28 slot from the 35 chaos warriors units: I mean we have 7 common type of units, 4 marauders and 3 of chaos warriors for each chaos factions (Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh, plus Archaon new faction), for a total of 35 units that in the end have only different textures between them and only change the name in refer of the chaos god that they worship ( I don't count the chosen of every single god); I know that this will be problematic with UI cards and info because then you will have to use only default marauders and chaos warriors icon and descriptions ( that one grey-brown color orientated), but by editing units_model files you will also be able to give to every chaos factions their own skins and textures, so we will have common UI cards but different colours on battlefield. Maybe you have already done it or already found a different solution .
    Don't worry , I understand your choice to make a mostly lore oriented submod regarding Arabia, Tilea and Estalia using novels and the official "Dogs of War" armybook, mine were only suggestions to fill possibly empty units slot and to give them some "unic" troops.
    I have another question: since the fact that probably the Empire will remain divided into 10 different factions ( because instead if reduced to one faction maybe it will be to OP, but I think that instead will be more difficult to controll such territories always threatened by internal enemies such beastmen, grennskins and skaven, and now with chaos incursion .....)and the actual factions of Kislev, Dwarfs, Dark Elves, High Elves, Beastmen, Skaven, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Norscans, Border Princes, Orcs and Goblins, Night Goblins, Chaos Dwarfs, the 4 different followers of chaos gods and Archaon forces, which new playable (and unplayable) factions we will see in the first release ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Will the beastmen be a playable faction?
    They were able to be made playable in 1.5.1 and the regular 1.6 beta, and were clearly not a full fledged faction. Current plans are not to have them playable on their own, but their units will be available to the other Chaos factions.

Thank you Whiff for having answer me .
    For the units slot you can recover 28 slot from the 35 chaos warriors units: I mean we have 7 common type of units, 4 marauders and 3 of chaos warriors for each chaos factions (Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh, plus Archaon new faction), for a total of 35 units that in the end have only different textures between them and only change the name in refer of the chaos god that they worship ( I don't count the chosen of every single god); I know that this will be problematic with UI cards and info because then you will have to use only default marauders and chaos warriors icon and descriptions ( that one grey-brown color orientated), but by editing units_model files you will also be able to give to every chaos factions their own skins and textures, so we will have common UI cards but different colours on battlefield. Maybe you have already done it or already found a different solution .
    I already had the idea to do this, and tomdoof2236 already put in the hard work of implementing it. There's no problem with the unit cards, either! Not only are there more unit slots, but the Chaos factions have much neater rosters when playing custom battles. We've just added several new units to replace them, haha.

ThankDon't worry , I understand your choice to make a mostly lore oriented submod regarding Arabia, Tilea and Estalia using novels and the official "Dogs of War" armybook, mine were only suggestions to fill possibly empty units slot and to give them some "unic" troops.
    Don't worry, those areas will have appropriate troops. I won't spoil all the surprises!

I have another question: since the fact that probably the Empire will remain divided into 10 different factions ( because instead if reduced to one faction maybe it will be to OP, but I think that instead will be more difficult to controll such territories always threatened by internal enemies such beastmen, grennskins and skaven, and now with chaos incursion .....)and the actual factions of Kislev, Dwarfs, Dark Elves, High Elves, Beastmen, Skaven, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Norscans, Border Princes, Orcs and Goblins, Night Goblins, Chaos Dwarfs, the 4 different followers of chaos gods and Archaon forces, which new playable (and unplayable) factions we will see in the first release ?
    We've already got Bretonnia in and working, and Lizardmen have most of their roster in, as well as their homeland, so definitely at least those two as full playable factions.

Great to hear that Whiff . I don't have so much experience in modding, but if you need a hand, even little help, I know well how to edit the text folder files, and also mainly export_descr_units, export_descr_buildings, campaign_script, descr_strat and battle_models, but my real strenght point is the descr_sounds_music; I have so many music in mind that can be inserted in game to create specific factions tracks ( such as for example only Lizardmen ); I also have a lot of free time if you need someone as a beta tester. Don't esitate to contact me privately if you need help and as always good work .

Yes please the music need some work, a few songs are ok but yes if you can gather some music together and work on the sound files that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Yes please the music need some work, a few songs are ok but yes if you can gather some music together and work on the sound files that would be great.
    I speak with Whiff and told about some of the many music I want to insert in the submod; I cannot edit very well other type of sounds file ( such as voice or effects) different from descr_music but however I will work hard on this to make a great music experience for everyone who will play this awesome project .

Let's add Brothers In Arms to play during the fighty part of a battle. In my experience from AOPK 3.0 it gets really epic!

Obsolete
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; January 16, 2016 at 03:55 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool!

Updated Radar Map:

This looks amazing! Those lizardmen, the dwarf karaks, the expanded map...! Just awesome!
    One question: do you have anything planned for the elves? I always felt that their rosters were a bit boring in vanilla COW compared to the units they have in The Sundering mod, where you can even use hydras and dragons...I suppose that would be too much, but maybe some additions to their rosters would work?

Quote Originally Posted by Karathrain View Post
    This looks amazing! Those lizardmen, the dwarf karaks, the expanded map...! Just awesome!
    One question: do you have anything planned for the elves? I always felt that their rosters were a bit boring in vanilla COW compared to the units they have in The Sundering mod, where you can even use hydras and dragons...I suppose that would be too much, but maybe some additions to their rosters would work?

The Elves will be getting some love. Most importantly, they're getting their homelands, so you can experience Dark Elves landing on Ulthuan trying to take over, and heroes present on each side, but there are some new units. Unfortunately we can't give them the kind of love a mod specifically centered all around Elves can, since we're dealing with a dozen other factions that also need love, but we're definitely trying to do what we can.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    The Elves will be getting some love. Most importantly, they're getting their homelands, so you can experience Dark Elves landing on Ulthuan trying to take over, and heroes present on each side, but there are some new units. Unfortunately we can't give them the kind of love a mod specifically centered all around Elves can, since we're dealing with a dozen other factions that also need love, but we're definitely trying to do what we can.
    Thanks for the reply, the hype is getting real!

I'd like to know that will be any cultural changes?

Thnx for your great work...

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Not including the other human nations is a disappointing move, since including them would greatly enhance the variety and uniqueness of each one including the empire. The warmaster araby army (official GW product) gives insight into what a fun army it could play http://warmasterdownunder.blogspot.c...ies-araby.html
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics