Page 5 of 156 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: A Whiff of Submods: Heroes, Villains, Models and More ft. Archaon and Co.

Do you plan to make a new map witch open bretonnia, tilia, estalia, bad land?

Default Re: A Whiff of Submods: Heroes, Villains, Models and More ft. Archaon and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by toorop13009 View Post
    Amazing change Whiff ! You have all my support , and if i can help with playtest and gives ideas it's a real pleasure !

for example : What do you think about change Karl franz Body guard , and use griffon from Sundering for example . We have just Karl with his griffon in this Unit. I hope that since many years !
    When I was on The Sundering team I actually made a full 8th Edition Karl Franz riding Deathclaw model, with the beaked helmet and so on. Didn't get to texture it, and no longer have it. Flying units are really hard to do well. The Sundering has some balance issues with Eagles and Dragons. Personally I love the idea, but the animations are hard to get right, and I'm trying to avoid adding new animations. Never say never, though, COW already has a griffon model, and a flying animation, it just doesn't use them. I was actually considering giving a Bretonnian unit Pegasus mounts, using the animation where charging is flying, but landing to strike.

Quote Originally Posted by tito View Post
    Do you plan to make a new map witch open bretonnia, tilia, estalia, bad land?
    I'm not really a mapper, so I'm hoping someone better with mapping can help, but I posted an image of the changes to the existing map that seem good. To expand the map would require someone that is good with making mountains and coasts and all that stuff. One problem with expanding to show more is then you'd need more units to fill it in. We have a few Tilean and Estalian units, but not full rosters. Moving the map so show more would be great, eventually, though. As it is I'd like to open up the corner in the bottom left to put Athel Loren, parts of Bretonnia, and even Miragliano, Tilea in the corner.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; October 04, 2015 at 12:55 PM.

Ok i see , maybe you can use the griffon model of COW for use them like mount of Karl franz? they not flying but it's a beginning and a great skin ! .But when you need a playtest you can send me a message !

Tried Tomb Kings a little, but unsure if this is something the main modders witl fix or if you have something for it.
    - Many Generals have Skaven portraits
    - Voices are arabic,
    - Some buildings are skaven, Kislevite pictures
    - Skelleton Warriors and spers dont have icons

Quote Originally Posted by toorop13009 View Post
    Ok i see , maybe you can use the griffon model of COW for use them like mount of Karl franz? they not flying but it's a beginning and a great skin ! .But when you need a playtest you can send me a message !
    Everyone that downloads it is officially a play tester, so feel free to give feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Javesh View Post
    Tried Tomb Kings a little, but unsure if this is something the main modders witl fix or if you have something for it.
    - Many Generals have Skaven portraits
    - Voices are arabic,
    - Some buildings are skaven, Kislevite pictures
    - Skelleton Warriors and spers dont have icons
    Yup, that's because they weren't fully implemented yet. Even their strat models are Vampire Counts skeletons, not Tomb Kings ones. And the Skaven strat models are Chaos Dwarfs. I made a Grey Seer strat model for the Skaven, but I forgot how to convert them to a strat cas.

But for other stuff I've been doing, just trying out more sky modding. Here's a Tzeentchian and Slaaneshi themed sky:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

DON'T LOOK AT THIS
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; January 23, 2016 at 05:41 AM.

Nice stuff Wiff. I'll try out some more and try let you know what I find. Was thinking to maybe add some of the missing Tomb Kings portraits. I think I have them some place from Kahvi's mod. Want me to send it to you if I manage?

Btw I also noticed that all the rebel settlements have full stacks of units in each city. When I played a couple of turns the AI never dared to attack them. Think I was in turn 10 and no rebel settlements where taken by the AI. I know that I can edit these files and maybe remove some of the units in order to make the AI be a bit more aggressive. Want me to?
    Last edited by Javesh; October 05, 2015 at 05:35 AM.

Nice stuff Wiff. I'll try out some more and try let you know what I find. Was thinking to maybe add some of the missing Tomb Kings portraits. I think I have them some place from Kahvi's mod. Want me to send it to you if I manage?
    That'd be great. You could post them here, too.

Btw I also noticed that all the rebel settlements have full stacks of units in each city. When I played a couple of turns the AI never dared to attack them. Think I was in turn 10 and no rebel settlements where taken by the AI. I know that I can edit these files and maybe remove some of the units in order to make the AI be a bit more aggressive. Want me to?
    All I've done with the campaign was remove the heavy startup script, which made AI stacks spawn and auto_win battles against all of those rebel settlements, so that's the issue with that. Those are supposed to have been defeated in the massive world war of turn 1. Without that scripting, you're left with overpowered rebels. I didn't really intend to make that into a playable campaign like that, more just reducing the script to allow me to actually load it up without issues. That said, if you want to fix it, by all means, that'd be great. Most of my ideas involve a full overhaul of the campaign, but that isn't likely to happen too soon, and it'd be nice to have the main COW team's work preserved.

Just got home from 13 hours at work so wont be able to look into anything today, BUT i'll have a look at it tomorrow. At least i can help out with simple thing at least. Btw which folder does the unit icons lie in?
    How about i make the skaven city close to Marienburg actually be owned by the skaven? As it is now they have no city's in the west side of the map. Maybe the one besides Nuln to? Would make a lot of action early on an more correct lore wise as their basically all over the place

Btw which factions where for the rebels again? Sicily? I found the Marienburg stacks, but there is only 3-4 with sicialy. Are the ones with other races named differently?

Btw how do i unhide the FOW?

Oh! Rebels are the ones called Sub_Faction?

And i wasnt going to do any of this tonight :|
    Last edited by Javesh; October 05, 2015 at 03:39 PM.

Just got home from 13 hours at work so wont be able to look into anything today, BUT i'll have a look at it tomorrow. At least i can help out with simple thing at least. Btw which folder does the unit icons lie in?
    How about i make the skaven city close to Marienburg actually be owned by the skaven? As it is now they have no city's in the west side of the map. Maybe the one besides Nuln to? Would make a lot of action early on an more correct lore wise as their basically all over the place

1.6 was designed with roughly half of the settlements as rebels, but conquered by script on the first turn, which was a massive undertaking with hundreds of thousands of deaths in battle from dozens of simultaneous sieges with full stacks on both sides. That's why it was so slow, and crashed for many people. What I did was just remove that bit, but otherwise left the campaign untouched, so all those rebel cities weren't meant to be rebels, they were meant to be given to the AI factions. That made it very difficult to load the campaign, but it was what the mod team intended. Apparently they plan to make it more efficient, but my change is just a temporary fix. Attached is the original code from the campaign_script so you can see what I'm talking about.

In other news, I've noticed that some of my missile textures got all screwed up, and I thought it was bizarre since I didn't touch any of them. It seems the mod started reading the .texture files rather than the .dds files in models_effects/textures for some reason I can't figure out. I fixed it for myself by converting them to .dds and mix and matching for the right files. Now things are using the right textures, except my explosions look extra awesome, so I'm looking into possibly fixing that to make them boring again. At the same time, looking into possibly making things a bit bloodier. We'll see, testing things out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ah right. Well that explains it. I started reducing some of the Rebel armies and gave them 14 units each. Not to powerful units, but not complete crap either. Think i need to go to bed as i'm falling asleep here. Btw how can you change a city's owner. Tried to find it, but made no sense :|

Ah right. Well that explains it. I started reducing some of the Rebel armies and gave them 14 units each. Not to powerful units, but not complete crap either. Think i need to go to bed as i'm falling asleep here. Btw how can you change a city's owner. Tried to find it, but made no sense :|
    Geomod is best for that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Geomod is best for that.
    Geomod? This is where my lack of knowledge for Modding kicks in :|

Btw could you point me to which folder the Unit Icons are in? Also how do I turn of the FOW? Hope I will be able to get home from work after a normal 8 hour shift today. Maybe I might be able to send you some edited files later today

Geomod? This is where my lack of knowledge for Modding kicks in :|

Btw could you point me to which folder the Unit Icons are in? Also how do I turn of the FOW? Hope I will be able to get home from work after a normal 8 hour shift today. Maybe I might be able to send you some edited files later today
    Geomod is a tool that allows you to view and edit campaigns and maps easily. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ol-for-Mapping

And the unit icons are in the data/ui/units folder.

For the FOW, you mean while in campaign? Open the console and type toggle_fow. The console button depends on your keyboard region, usually the button under escape, I think.

Awesome thanks! I'll check this out when I get home

But do you want me to change ownership of some of the towns? You are basically "The Boss" when it comes to this Sub mod. I'll just change stuff you want changed

Awesome thanks! I'll check this out when I get home

But do you want me to change ownership of some of the towns? You are basically "The Boss" when it comes to this Sub mod. I'll just change stuff you want changed
    Honestly, I'm not looking to be the boss, or even get credit for anything. I just want to help make a great mod even better if I can. Anyone is free to use anything I make however they like.

But for the town ownerships, yeah, that'd be great if you could do that. If you want to take a look at that campaign_script script to see what the developers intended for region ownership, that would be great, too. There's only a few things they did that I find questionable, which is mostly just giving the High Elves control of some of the Chaos Wastes. Nobody controls the Chaos Wastes, even Chaos factions only fight for it. Elves should have enough sense to spend as little time as possible there, not try to colonize!

Ok i've now removed some of the units for the Rebels. Each city should have 14 units each. I've tried to make them more "desirable" for the AI. Here's the file:
    https://mega.nz/#!O4EHXIAS!3-00q0lZ9...-qB_uMsAHL977o

I tried to find the unit portraits and found them, but i could not see where it is connected. I had a look in the export_descr_unit but nothing stood out. Am i looking in the wrong place?

I'll start looking into the Geomod thingy

Ok i've DL'ed the Geomod and directed it to where Gig's manual said, but it shows vanilla maps/regions. Do i have to move over the same files from the COW mod in order to edit them? :|

Ok i've DL'ed the Geomod and directed it to where Gig's manual said, but it shows vanilla maps/regions. Do i have to move over the same files from the COW mod in order to edit them? :|
    No, it's all there. Make sure you only select the mod folder itself, not anything inside it. So point geomod to mods/COW_BOTET and open it like that.