Page 4 of 156 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: Updated and new models: released Archaon model + Strat model + new Ludwig Schwarzhelm in first post

I'm making some changes to the point where I might just release it all as a submod. I'm even using a separate install for this stuff.

I've replaced the Daemon Prince with a properly scaled up Bloodthirster, since that's Khorne's greater daemon, after all. I've tested it giving him the berserker ability and a charge bonus, you lose control of him and he can kill 3-12 guys with every swing, like he should. Still vulnerable to missile weapons, for balance.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And gave the Skaven Warplock Jezzails a unique shooting effect, since in lore they're shooting warpstone bullets which leave green streaks through the air. It looks kind of like lasers, hah.

Default Re: Updated and new models: released Archaon model + Strat model + new Ludwig Schwarzhelm in first post

The moons of the Warhammer World, Morrslieb and Mannslieb are very important in the lore, especially Morrslieb.

From Lexicanum:
    The Warhammer world is orbited by two moons.
    The larger of the two moons is called Mannslieb and it acts and appears as any normal moon, having a cycle of 25 days from full to full, and orbits the planet upon a predictable orbit. Mannslieb means "Beloved of Manann" in Reikspiel and this moon is held sacred to Manann, god of the Sea.

Morrslieb, the smaller moon, is all but predictable, appearing sometimes closer, and other times farther away than its partner. Its position has major influence upon the Winds of Magic. It is named Morrslieb, meaning "Beloved of Morr", in honour of Morr, god of the dead.

A common legend tells that daemons once preyed upon the people of the world from a gateway in the sky, until Morr inflicted a great death upon them. Afterwards he fashioned the second moon from the wreckage of the daemons, so that mortals would never forget how he had saved them.
    The second legend, which is mainly held by followers of Chaos, is that upon the collapse of the polar warp gates, a great block of Warpstone was hurled high into the sky, where it now circles the planet endlessly, spreading Chaos over the lands which it passes.
    From time to time, meteors of Warpstone coming from Morrslieb fall upon the planet.
    There are two nights in the year in which both moons are full at the same time. The first is called Hexensnacht ("Witching Night") and the other one Geheimnisnacht ("Night of Mystery"). To most, these are greatly feared and ill-omened nights of the year, and even the most cynical sceptic will avoid the eerie light cast by the full moons. On the other hand, gatherings and ritual sacrifices are held by the worshippers of Chaos on these nights.
    So, I've tried my hand at editing the night sky to show them. Here's an example of a small daemonic force of Khorne preparing for battle in the chill darkness of the Chaos Wastes:

I think I might have Morrslieb appear in different areas of the sky, and at different phases, depending on the weather, so that it's not always shown as Geheimnisnacht in night battles. I could vary its distance, too, so it can appear closer in stormy weather. Thoughts?

Edit: Playing around with glowing, waxing, waning, and moving with some dancing Beastmen.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; September 26, 2015 at 06:23 PM.

Default Re: A Whiff of Submods: Heroes, Villains, Models and More ft. Archaon and Co.

So all this stuff i more or less for 1.6?

Default Re: A Whiff of Submods: Heroes, Villains, Models and More ft. Archaon and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Javesh View Post
    So all this stuff i more or less for 1.6?
    I'm using the 1.6.8 beta, so yep, it's all for 1.6. I've been making and planning a lot of other changes, if I can do most of it, it'll be a super big radically different submod, with minimal scripting and even more factions, slightly changed regions, some lore improvement, some faction rosters redesigned, and so on.

As an example of some things I'd like to do are changing Chaos to have the crusades, with Archaon's Grand Legion (Undivided) on the map, playable, as the new pope faction, so that Chaos invasions no longer require one big scripted stack spam after a unification event, rather they're always there in the Chaos Wastes, fighting each other, until Archaon decides it's time to conquer Altdorf, Middenheim, Nuln, Talabheim, Kislev, Karak Kadrin, or Athel Loren's capitol, at which point Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Hashut, The Horned Rat, and Archaon's own followers all attack with stacks using the regular vanilla crusade coding. That's scary enough without teleporting armies!

I also have ideas for including Ogre Kingdoms based on slightly modified Ogres, replacing the now obsolete Grand Theogonist faction, and having them work a lot like Vanilla's Mongol/Timurid invasions, appearing from the East at a random turn and making Chaos and Orcs have an even bigger enemy than them show up. But giving them Orc religion, so when a Waaagh! is called, they join it, too! Imagine a stack of Ogres, Mournfang Cavalry, Leadbelchers, Firebellies, Maneaters, and a couple Giants teaming up with Grimgor to go crump somebody, with the Leadbelchers able to attack walls and assault on the first turn. Scary. And still functional in hotseat!

To do some of that, some of the redundant Chaos units can be merged, so there's only Marauders, Marauder Axes, Marauder Axethrowers, etc., with the Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, and Tzeentch color variations just depending on which faction is controlling them. Doing that frees up 24 unit slots without actually deleting any units.

I could use some help, especially with the mapping part of the job. I haven't asked anybody yet. Mostly solidifying my plans with a big textfile and testing things out to see if they actually work. But my install as it is is already highly improved (IMO), so I do plan on actually releasing whatever I manage to get done.

Anyway, more pictures, featuring slightly tweaked Ogre models, raised their heads and thickened their bodies so they don't look as much like flesh colored orcs, and one of Archaon in his classic model pose:

Wow. That sounds awesome m8. Keep up the good work. Maybe ask Gigantus or Kahvinapu?

Wow. That sounds awesome m8. Keep up the good work. Maybe ask Gigantus or Kahvinapu?
    Yup, I've thought about who to ask, I just want to have a solid plan of what all I want to accomplish first. I'm pretty much there, just being lazy about all the big amount of work it's going to take. Especially since step 1 is editing the text files and the dreaded BM.MDB to make room for more units. I should have automatic firing ratling gunners soon, anyway.

Today I further tweaked the Ogre models, made them look a lot scarier and tougher (IMO) just by adjusting their heads and a pinch of bone assignments. They're basically a hybrid between the old Orc-y muscular 90s Ogres and the newer fat Ogre Kingdoms Ogres. First pic compared to the unmodified Golgfag Ogres:

EDIT: DELETED SECTION

Super double edit: functional automatic Ratling Guns! In the video I have them firing in 10 round bursts with a delay, shooting inaccurate musket shot. That's why the single unit of marauders made it all the way to the 2 units of them there before breaking, so it's not overpowered. I also gave them only 100 rounds, so they can only get off 10 bursts before running out. I could make them fire continuously until they run out of ammo, but that would be hard to balance. Still needs a bit of work, but hey, beats the single volley instant death they have now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7wTa1k0oU

Super late super triple edit, bonus more dakka edition: Updated the Ratling Guns sfx, no more crazy earthquakes and too far forward muzzle flashes, replaced with glowing warpstone tracer-type trails and the barrels spewing smoke and flame at a much less resource intensive rate, but still beautiful:
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; January 23, 2016 at 05:43 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool! Can you add all material into a single download file pls?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Cool! Can you add all material into a single download file pls?
    I have it all integrated into a separate install already, so I could release it as a beta version of a standalone submod, I suppose. I wanted to put more into it before making a release. I could at least put out my work in progress for now, though. It changes so many files that it would be hard to make it just a patch. I haven't cleared up more unit slots yet, so I can't add the Wood Elves I've been working on, either. If it'll drum up more interest in people helping, that would be great. Talented modders like you adding to the pot would make it perfect.

Edit: I just uploaded my modfolder. It's stand alone, just drop it into your Med2/mods folder and double click the .bat inside. Fully patched up to 1.6.8 with English text and voices, campaign only edited to remove the crazy huge first turn spawn and attack scripts, so it can be loaded without taking too long. Not everything is fully implemented yet. I can release patches for it after this, though, I think. And everyone is free to use whatever they want from it, or anything I do.

EDIT: DOWNLOAD REMOVED
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; January 23, 2016 at 05:46 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thank you very much Whiff!
    Edit: Just a tip. You need to rename the path for the projectiles otherwise the game will crash. I had to chenge the path of the goblin projectile from the doom diver.
    Last edited by paradamed; October 03, 2015 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Thank you very much Whiff!
    Edit: Just a tip. You need to rename the path for the projectiles otherwise the game will crash. I had to chenge the path of the goblin projectile from the doom diver.
    Odd, I didn't touch the Doom Divers beyond giving them Goblin accents and putting the picture placement as merc to save space like in Gig's RODG, both just EDU tweaks. Can you post what you did? More stable is always better.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean, the projectiles aren't fixed to my mod folder. Good catch, thanks.
    Attached is the fixed descr_projectile to put into the data folder. Guess I should check if anything else is pointing at the wrong folder, too.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; January 23, 2016 at 05:42 AM.

Hi whiffOfGrapeshot and thanks you for your amazing work and folder.I have one question , why when i try to load one of my campagne game , it crash :s? Do i forget something?

Thanks again for your work !

It shouldn't crash, but can I see your error log? It's in your medieval 2/logs folder, near the end it should say what happened. For now, try deleting map.rwm in your data/world/maps/campaign/base folder.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    It shouldn't crash, but can I see your error log? It's in your medieval 2/logs folder, near the end it should say what happened. For now, try deleting map.rwm in your data/world/maps/campaign/base folder.
    Sorry for the lost f time Whiff , finally i use your new descr-projectile . I create news save and all work thank for your quick anwser and if this crash happen again i ll show you the error log

Thanks wiff. I've DL'ed it and will give it a go. Is ot normal that the Beastmen have Chaos Trolls? in their stacks :o

Thanks wiff. I've DL'ed it and will give it a go. Is ot normal that the Beastmen have Chaos Trolls? in their stacks :o
    I didn't do anything to give them to them, so I guess so, hahaha.

To-do list:
    Reduce the following units to have all faction variants show up on the base unit in bm.mdb, then removing the "of X" versions from the EDU, buildings, and campaign, freeing up about 30 unit slots:
    Marauder Captains
    Marauders
    Marauder Axes
    Marauder Axe Throwers
    Mounted Marauders
    Warriors of Chaos Halberds
    Warriors of Chaos
    Knights of Chaos
    Warriors Captain and banner bearers
    Knights Captain and banner bearers

Key:
    Denmark = Undivided
    Norway = Khorne
    Lithuania = Tzeentch
    Novgorod = Nurgle
    Teutonic = Slaanesh

Make Chaos behave like Catholic and Undivided the papal faction, on map. Everchosen as pope.
    Chaos Crusade targets: Altdorf, Middenheim, Nuln, Talabheim, Averheim, Kislev, Karaz-a-Karak, Athel Loren's capitol
    Replace Grand Theogonist faction with Ogre Kingdoms, who invade from the East like vanilla Mongols/Timurids, with Orc religion.

Faction Changes:
    Ogre Kingdoms list:
    Definitely:
    Tyrant (General, 2handed weapon, Ironguts bodyguard) anim: Warhammer_beast_2H_axe
    Firebellies (Tzeentch Flamer fire with bright wizard fireball 2nd, elephant mount for animations) anim: Warhammer_beast_2H_axe
    Leadbelchers (Class as elephant, cannon shot, able to attack walls)
    Maneaters (Rename Golgfag's unit and reuse)
    Mournfang Cavalry (Upsize Orc Boar, possibly fs_african_elephant anim)
    Ogres (Regular ogres, as existing, armor upgrade makes them Ironguts using Golgfag's models as base)
    Giant (as existing)

Maybe:
    Butchers w/ Slaughtermaster captain (Magic of some type)
    Ironblaster (Monster Bombard pimped out?)
    Gnoblars (Goblins with big noses, hand weapon and shield)

Vampire Counts:
    Get rid of all the Chaos units
    Get rid of Karstein foot and mounted, Vampires are officers only (other than blood knights)
    Necromancers as captains
    Ghouls and Crypt Horrors
    Black Coach
    Neferata at Silver Pinnacle in the mountains?

Border Princes:
    Existing:
    Drastically cut Rusichi models, no cataphracts
    Tilean Crossbowmen (unimplemented, but existing)
    Estalians, Tileans, primarily mercenaries
    Ogres
    Dwarf Warriors(?)
    Some kind of undead, possibly Richter Kreuger's guard used by a Necromancer character
    Replace Border Princes with Independent City-States? (Border Princes, Marienburg, Miragliano, with Marienburg's existing custom units AOR)

Wood Elves:
    Glade Guard (Existing)
    Wildwood Rangers (Existing)
    Glade Riders
    Waywatchers
    Eternal Guard - (HE Spearmen recolored)
    Dryads?
    Treekin?
    Treemen?
    Wild Rider?

Bretonnia Roster:
    Battle Pilgrims (Grail Reliquae officers: 1 horse skull, 2 skeleton knight, 3 shrine stuff?) (Replacing Peasants)
    Men-at-Arms (Swordsman captain, drummer, standard bearer) (text already there, replace peasant spearmen)
    Peasant Bowmen (Men-at-Arms falchion captain, horn player, grail icon of quenelles) (replace peasant archers)
    Field Trebuchet (Monk-type soldiery, check from Rusichi) (existing)
    Grail Knights (Replace Knights of the Realm bodyguard)
    Questing Knights (already in)
    Knights of the Realm (Already in)
    Fay Enchantress with Damsels (Unicorn mounted spellcasters?)
    Green Knight (w/ Grail Knights bodyguard)
    Paladin BSB (w/ Grail Knights Bodyguard)

Campaign stuff:

Mercenary AOR Recruitment:

Everywhere:
    Zombies (Free)
    All VC Skeletons
    Ungors, Gors, Bestigors
    Minotaurs (limited pool)
    Forest Goblins and Savage Orcs
    Mercenary Ogres (limited pool)
    Lesser Daemons (limited pool, god specific)
    Dwarf Slayers (limited pool)

All over Empire:
    Flagellants (Free to recruit, only upkeep costs)
    Outlaws
    Free Companies

All over Norsca:
    All Marauders
    Warriors, Champions, Chosen of Chaos (Limited pool)
    Giants (very limited pool)

All over Chaos Wastes:
    Warriors, Champions, Chosen of Chaos
    Lesser Daemons
    Chaos Trolls (Limited pool)
    Greater Daemons (Unique, very limited pool)
    Giants (limited pool)

Increased merc numbers for crusades and jihads, more Daemons, Chaos Dwarf artillery, and big beasts

Limit all normal Empire priests to level 2, high priest, except Arch Lectors at Talebheim and Nuln, Grand Theogonist at Altdorf, and Ar-Ulric at Middenheim
    Change priest model for Middenland to Ulric Priest, Talabecland to Horned Hunter, possibly Nordland to Sons of Mannan officer, Ostermark to Morr priest?
    Eliminate random epithets, no more random_name The Pious, there was only one "The Pious" in Warhammer, and that's Magnus. The majority of epithets given by traits and titles

Fix strat map models for Skaven and Tomb Kings (WIP)

Map stuff:

Make new regions for Athel Loren and Bretonnia, with accessibility as seen here:

Get rid of Karak Eight Peaks, Grand Theogonist Lands, replace with Silver Pinnacle and The Inevitable City, move around ownerships so the map is more accurate

Super secret stuff:
    If unit slots left over...
    Random Lizardmen spawn for High Elves, Oxyotl and some Chameleon Skinks in Chaos Wastes, Gor-Rok with some Saurus + Cold One Riders in Norsca

Main campaign goals are to remove most of the super heavy scripting, get things closer to lore, and allow hotseats to be playable. Moving the Crusades to Chaos allows them to have a reason to attack into the Empire without special spawnings, and allows fun tactics like suicidal charges against their stacks in Kislev before the main Chaos armies reach their target cities, while still fighting against incoming Skaven and Beastmen crusaders coming from everywhere, but without being cheap, or a scripted one time event. Chaos Invasions and Waaaghs! should be scary, and they should be unpredictable.

Also using the mercenaries file can make for more varied fights. For an example, say Crom is on a crusade down from the Wastes, he fights his way past Kislev and Osetermark, but takes a lot of losses, so he replaces those Marauders with Beastmen from the local forests. The defending Talabecland general has only a half stack of knights and state troops, so he suplements it by hiring some mercenary outlaws and allowing eager flagellants to live out their dreams of dying in combat against Chaos. That general knows that killing Crom himself is the only way to break that army, which will dissolve away if the crusading warlord dies so he rushes his bodyguard and as many knights as he can spare into combat with the warlord, praying he can end this threat, even at the cost of his own life. THAT is Warhammer.

Anybody willing to help, please message me, or just post here and do what you can.

Wow. Sounds awesome. Wish i could help, but i'm clueless when it comes to modding

Wow. Sounds awesome. Wish i could help, but i'm clueless when it comes to modding
    So was I until I started. If nothing else, you can playtest and give ideas. Point out things that are broken or badly done so they can be fixed. Everyone is free to give input and suggestions here. And if you're seriously interested in learning something, check out the tutorials section over here. Everything helps.

Well the Chaos Troll's in the Beasmen stack annoyed me as it's not correct lore wise. I replaced them with Minotaurs. Only little tweak i did to it hehe. At least i can change things like that. I'll add my descr_strat.
    https://mega.nz/#!HocyQCoL!4DX92q07I...NruKvUhZApR3xM

Amazing change Whiff ! You have all my support , and if i can help with playtest and gives ideas it's a real pleasure !

for example : What do you think about change Karl franz Body guard , and use griffon from Sundering for example . We have just Karl with his griffon in this Unit. I hope that since many years !