Page 3 of 156 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: Released: Updated Archaon model + Strat model

I thought about that, and it makes sense. A simple step by step of which lines to edit in the text files. It'd be pretty much universally compatible, provided they do it right.

definitely. from my experiences I'd happily manually add things to EDU and so forth in order to avoid potential conflicts.

that's right, Tzarina should be there, it is weird to be honest, especially since Kaspar was only the ambassador while she was a ruler.

The problem is the game doesn't give unique voices to different generals, so she'd end up sounding like a man.

Work in progress/proof of concept improved Ogre models:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I also tried to make a test version of Leadbelchers, and they seemed to work as far as playability, but repacking the animations is proving difficult. I think the Greek Firethrower animation would work best, but even trying to make a scaled up musket animation requires all the old animations unpacked and blah.

I'd really love if somehow we could get a 1.6 scale animation of greek fire, musket, and maybe the Witchhunter pistol and sword for Maneaters, or a nice flame one for Firebellies.

Looks pretty good, but aren't they supposed to have a rounder face and tusks? Not criticizing or anything. What your doing is awesome. They just looked like overgrown humans hehe

Besides that I love the stuff you've added

They could definitely use some uglying up. The base models there were already in the files, I've just been modifying them. Could try to get them to look more like this:

But also working on Golgfag's Maneaters, which are Maneaters, so they should look the part! First variant I'm doing is the Ninja Maneater, still a work in progress, not very detailed:

Default Re: Updated and new models: released Archaon model + Strat model + new Ludwig Schwarzhelm in first post

nice. as for Tzarina, could she be muted?

Default Re: Updated and new models: released Archaon model + Strat model + new Ludwig Schwarzhelm in first post

Pretty sure that would involve muting at least all Kislev faction leaders, unless someone knows of a way to give them a unique voiceset. Or you could just imagine it's one of her male bodyguards doing all the talking for her, since she's supposed to be very distant and aloof.

WIP Golgfag Maneater:
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; September 24, 2014 at 01:32 AM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Yeah, they looks bad-ass. Great work Whiff.
    +1

Regarding voices, yes, it is currently impossible to have mixed campaign map voices. Battlemap you can have dedicated female voice tought. I don't see it too big problem, just an oddity you get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Pretty sure that would involve muting at least all Kislev faction leaders, unless someone knows of a way to give them a unique voiceset. Or you could just imagine it's one of her male bodyguards doing all the talking for her, since she's supposed to be very distant and aloof.
    that would definitely work

PS nice work on Golgfag

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Looking good! Reminds me of the Ogre in the unit description picture, very bad ass.
    Imperium Romanum

Semisalis

looks very good, will + rep u of course for your great job.

Two words...ing awesome! +1 for you my friend

Btw any chance of maybe you and Kahvi being able to collaborate on this and compile all the good stuff in Kahvi's Merc submod? All in one place

Kahvi is free to include anything I make, same as the COW team. But I use his mod, myself, so if I released anything that altered the same files, I'd just make it so you'd have to use Kahvi's mod to use my stuff. But as it is, so far I'm just releasing updated models and stuff, not whole new units, so it should all be compatible with everything.

Nice model, although I would prefer one without the 3 skulls across the chest. Really not a fan of the Chaos models as they look daft, as if they've got 3 boobs...

After a year, I picked my WIP models back up. Here's some previews: http://imgur.com/a/xL0ir

Edit: New updated Ludwig Schwarzhelm model with animated flag and install instructions attached to post. COW team and any other submodders are free to use anything I make. Schwarzhelm is Karl Franz's personal bodyguard and champion, so he really should be an officer in a custom Franz Guard unit, but currently KF uses a regular Reiksguard Bodyguard, which is the standard BG unit for Reikland. Alternatively he could just be another general in the game with a unique battle model. That also fits, since he does lead armies away from The Emperor, too.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; January 23, 2016 at 05:44 AM.

I've been busy fooling around with some things in the 1.6 beta.

First up, I've taken a look at the 2 Wood Elves units and realized there's parts in there for a few others, including these couple. The Glade Rider rides a horse, of course:

Also the Greater Daemons can be made into single units by adding the following line to the EDU between soldier and mount:
    Code:
    mounted_engine     elephant_serpentine
    And with that, the three present in the game are also spellcasters, and they work phenomenally as such, giving them wizard projectiles, as seen here:

I've also further updated my Krell model. Actually did a little more since the first pic, but I managed to catch him in almost his exact pose from his tabletop model, so it came out great. Further updated version in the 2nd and 3rd pics:

And another pic of Ludwig Schwarzhelm and his epic beard and flag:

Since Tomb Kings are making their debut, I figured I'd try making the OG mack daddy himself, Nagash Settra The Imperishable! I'm fairly pleased with the results, especially the four horse chariot. It could use some hieroglyphics, though. Really more of a proof of concept than a final model. I'd love for someone more talented like Kahvi to give more characters some love. Pics:

And we've got the Daemon Prince back, so why not give The Dark Master some love? Here's a WIP of Be'lakor:

Great work!

Pretty nice stuff