Page 25 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075125 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

WHAT?! I didn't expect this! This is fantastic! I love you guys so much, good luck and I hope you will be able to finish before TW: WH comes out. Such an unexpected discovery keeps me excited and even more passionate about this mod.

YES! @!#*(($@*(^&SJLF

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    No, you need to install the 4gb patch on your medieval2.exe. This will let the game use more RAM and not crash.

The thing is we want people to get stuck in the big paths so they fight. The Wood Elves would oppose any outsides entering their forest so we don't want Reikland marching armies all over it.
    Yeah, you have a good point there.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    We sent it with the mod. It's in the 4gb_patch folder.
    Admiral. I saw you made a Vid with a preview of the map. Any chanche you could make some more Vid's with other Mod features? Or maybe of how the map is now?

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    DRAGOOOOONS!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!
    Will the vampire and DE ones breath death and shadow?
    Possibly, yeah. It depends on getting a decent effect. But we want to eventually get dragons for High elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Vampire Counts, and Chaos. They'll be very rare and expensive, kind of like a Steam Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Javesh View Post
    Admiral. I saw you made a Vid with a preview of the map. Any chanche you could make some more Vid's with other Mod features? Or maybe of how the map is now?
    Those are definitely planned, but we've been making changes to the campaign and units almost every day, so we don't want things outdated by time people see them, lol.

Ah right. Can understand that. It's just that i cant wait for the Mod and that Vid Admiral made kinda still my craving. Guess i'll have to wait

Would we have armor upgrade models for new units in the first release? And is there a chance to see kislev war-wagons in game?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Possibly, yeah. It depends on getting a decent effect. But we want to eventually get dragons for High elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Vampire Counts, and Chaos. They'll be very rare and expensive, kind of like a Steam Tank.
    Those are definitely planned, but we've been making changes to the campaign and units almost every day, so we don't want things outdated by time people see them, lol.
    This is really good to hear. Maybe you could use the high mages, DE wenches, necrarchs, tzeentch disk socrcerer missiles rispectively even though i dont really know wich animation you could use for the grassy elven ones... i think to remember that the skaven have some kind of greenish projectile, dont they?
    Last edited by logan93; February 20, 2016 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Would we have armor upgrade models for new units in the first release? And is there a chance to see kislev war-wagons in game?

Armor upgrade models involves creating a new model, or at least modifying the model and textures of the base model. That and creating musicians, banner bearers, etc. makes modeling every new unit take about twice the work. Probably not going to see much of that in the first release, as making more units is probably preferable to making those specific details.

And Kislev has some kind of wagon thing in the game, but I don't think it's the proper war wagon. That could be possible, everything is there to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    This is really good to hear. Maybe you could use the high mages, DE wenches, necrarchs, tzeentch disk socrcerer missiles rispectively even though i dont really know wich animation you could use for the grassy elven ones... i think to remember that the skaven have some kind of greenish projectile, dont they?
    Yeah, those are all good, and there's some others that could work, too. Just want a good balance to it.

You guys need any more beta testers?

After installing the steam version, apply the 4gb patch and the last patch posted here, the ctds still appears...

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    After installing the steam version, apply the 4gb patch and the last patch posted here, the ctds still appears...
    And you're sure you applied the 4gb patch to both the kingdoms.exe and the medieval2.exe? If so I'm not sure, sorry. It may just be that your computer can't handle the battles...

Does it crash right when the battle starts, or when the armies get close to each other? If it's the later then it's a RAM issue we can't fix. If it's right when it loads then you're probably missing some assets or something.

Yes, i applied the patch to both files, but the main problem is that i get stuck on turn 49. For unkown reason meanwhile the other factions pass the turn, when the turn reaches skaven, it crashes.....

Two questions: Do you still need beta testers?

And I haven't found anything about the Vampire Counts on the five pages or so I read in this thread, any changes in comparison to the vanilla mod? Do the von Carsteins still look like their old edition versions?

OMG IT'S AMAZING GUYS! can't belive what work you are making here!!!
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone1710 View Post
    Two questions: Do you still need beta testers?

And I haven't found anything about the Vampire Counts on the five pages or so I read in this thread, any changes in comparison to the vanilla mod? Do the von Carsteins still look like their old edition versions?
    They've got some new units, like the Black Coach and Crypt Ghouls, and more partially implemented/planned like Hexwraiths, Zombie Dragon, Banshees, Crypt Horrors, and other stuff. Some things are getting cut, like the Von Carstein units and Chaos skeleton stuff, since the only real VC bloodline that would form whole units like that are Blood Dragons, and Krell is keeping his personal guard, but otherwise will lead armies of regular Skeletons and Grave Guard.

For the campaign we're having every bloodline represented, with Silver Pinnacle belonging to Lahmians, Blood Dragons in Blood Keep and Mousillon, Von Carsteins in Sylvania, and the Strigoi and Necrarchs spread out between them. Probably going to eventually include some kind of missions for Strigoi to want to reclaim Mourkain, Lahmians Lahmia, maybe Necrarchs Nagashizzar (for the ancient knowledge), etc. They're all one controlled faction, but each a sort of subfaction, loosely working together.

Any work on including the Slann as a hero unit or a caster unit of some type for the lizardmen?

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    Any work on including the Slann as a hero unit or a caster unit of some type for the lizardmen?
    Yes.

Have you made custom settlements for the wood elves?

The War with the Tomb Kings had to kick off sooner or later. Once Lahmia rebelled, the offensive began!

The war in the west is alot more gritty. The rebel strongholds are tough, their garrisons are strong and professional and I was routed once from Miragliano in disgraceful panic a few turns before. Luckily my loyal Breton allies have travelled south in force and come to my aid.

Last edited by BKB; February 21, 2016 at 06:50 AM.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam