Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: Released: Updated Archaon model + Strat model

Yeah, I was already planning on doing a few, at least. Been reading the End Times stuff, and Archaon's novel, so was inspired to tackle him. I've got plans so far for updating Krell, Karl Franz, and possibly making models for Balthazar Gelt, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Vlad Von Carstein, Felix Jaeger, and I dunno who else. I'd have to see who else is in need of some updating. Not to mention maybe doing something better with the Border Princes.

Edit: Speaking of... Orig and my WIP version of Krell:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; September 13, 2014 at 04:05 AM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Yeah, this is great, I like how you base him to the new tabletop-model (Usually I prefer old ones, but this re-design looks better imo).Are youplanning to add the skull-stands at his back too, it would make him stand-out more, and looks great.

Hi your skins look amazing mate, I have to ask with you reading the end times stuff, Will you be trying your hand at making Nagash

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Yeah, this is great, I like how you base him to the new tabletop-model (Usually I prefer old ones, but this re-design looks better imo).Are youplanning to add the skull-stands at his back too, it would make him stand-out more, and looks great.
    Yeah, skull stands and big cape with furs are needed to help give him detail and bulk him out. He's pretty skinny and bland based on the old model.

Quote Originally Posted by straight edge savior View Post
    Hi your skins look amazing mate, I have to ask with you reading the end times stuff, Will you be trying your hand at making Nagash
    That was actually my intent with starting to get back into making models/skins again. Archaon was my first modding thing for Med2 in almost 2 years. I've had lots of ideas for making Nagash, and even an End Times submod campaign, combining the existing Tomb Kings models with the Vampire Counts army and maybe plopping them down in the Border Princes, giving Chaos Undivided all the lands North of Kislev, and a random % of Chaos, Beastmen, and Skaven half stacks showing up every turn, so Empire, Dwarf, Kislev, and maybe High Elves players will have quite the hard time being caught between a rock and a hard place with some shrapnel digging into their side for good measure.

For Nagash, to make him full size, I'd need to animate him as a giant, which is currently buggy, AFAIK, though they work in custom battles for me. I'd probably just replace the kick animation with a handwave and make him a pure spellcaster, but I'm not sure entirely.

Plus the alternate Ogre models are promising for modifying... kinda dying to see Leadbelchers...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Yeah, I was already planning on doing a few, at least. Been reading the End Times stuff, and Archaon's novel, so was inspired to tackle him. I've got plans so far for updating Krell, Karl Franz, and possibly making models for Balthazar Gelt, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Vlad Von Carstein, Felix Jaeger, and I dunno who else. I'd have to see who else is in need of some updating. Not to mention maybe doing something better with the Border Princes.

Edit: Speaking of... Orig and my WIP version of Krell:
    that's pretty awesome. i hope you do get around to that!

I would snap your arm off of that submod mate, Out and out spellcaster for Nagash would deffo be your best bet like. I would love to try and help but am still trying to learn how to add Morathi from the Sundering to this mod and I've had a go at skinning when i tried to make Snorri Nosebitter, which didn't go to well lol

Quote Originally Posted by straight edge savior View Post
    I would snap your arm off of that submod mate, Out and out spellcaster for Nagash would deffo be your best bet like. I would love to try and help but am still trying to learn how to add Morathi from the Sundering to this mod and I've had a go at skinning when i tried to make Snorri Nosebitter, which didn't go to well lol
    Make sure to follow the tutorials in the modder's workshop, modding is frustrating enough with them, without them is navigating blind. I also was thinking of Snorri... He wouldn't be the hardest to do, using the existing Slayers, removing the hair, moving a ring around, giving him a hammer, and so on.

Progress on Krell:

Krell's looking good mate, I am using Gigantus tutorials, this one... Creating a World - Importing units from another mod, just a lot of info for a newbe lol

Wow. Nice stuff. Keep it up m8

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Very nice Krell . Will you be doing Heinrich Kemmler too? hehe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melon View Post
    Very nice Krell . Will you be doing Heinrich Kemmler too? hehe
    Not entirely impossible, but as for the Krell and Kemmler best friend forever thing, well, in new End Times books...
    Krell is made into one of Nagash's Mortarch lieutenants, commanding a vast army of undead, while Kemmler proved to be working for the Chaos Gods instead of the unified Undead, so Arkhan The Black had a magical duel with him inside La Maisontaal Abbey, which exploded, along with Kemmler.

Read them, both the End Times I - Nagash book and the novel The End Times - The Return of Nagash. They're amazing, the fluff book is everything Storm of Chaos should have been, and it's the replacement for it. The timeline moves forward years, people die, loyalties shift, and this is only the first part. The writing and art as as good as Tamurkhan, if not better, too. I really want to see/make a campaign for it, rather than just the now defunct Storm of Chaos.

Ah so Kemmler dies. Maybe that means no more Kemmler mini? And I heard rumor the End Times is the end for WFB but don't think its realistic as they spent alot and are making alot on the new models.

More realistic rumor is that it's the big shift in things setting up 9th edition, which makes a lot more sense. And death isn't necessarily stopping anybody in Warhammer...

Also I hope they don't drastically change all the armies excluding VC and TK. I doubt they will do that either since they recently updated many of the armies like the elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melon View Post
    Also I hope they don't drastically change all the armies excluding VC and TK. I doubt they will do that either since they recently updated many of the armies like the elves.
    It's really more of a setup for 9th. Other armies HAVE been drastically changed as far as available heroes go, such as...
    Bretonnia lost ALL of their named heroes. King Leoncour was killed by his evil son and his body vanished, the Fey Enchantress was one of the people sacrificed to raise Nagash, along with Volkmar The Grim and The Everchild, and The Green Knight took off his helmet, revealing himself to be Gilles Le Breton, the founder of Bretonnia, returned to lead what's left of it on a new Errantry War against all the evil factions.

The Ogre Kingdoms are now a horde faction, the Mountains of Mourn are gone with a big chain of volcanic eruptions, so the Ogres are moving through the Badlands for a new home and food.

Chaos destroyed Kislev, it has only rumors of pockets of resistance, but the Chaos horde are packed to the millions right up to the border of the Empire, so... yeah.

Skaven wiped out Tilea and Estalia, who didn't have armybooks anyway, but still, they're on the surface in big numbers.

Dwarfs are split between sealing their holds and marching to war/doom, and Nagash ate one of their gods...

A lot of change, but so far not too much that can't be worked with to keep them functional. 9th will be a fresh start.

I don't know why would they try and get rid of such a cool, different flavour of an army as Kislev. I know it was never fully fleshed out, but it was there. books about them are amongst my favourite ones of the universe.

To be fair, "And the Chaos hordes destroyed Kislev on the way to the important places" is almost a running joke at this point. They'll rebuild, somehow. Everything so far is lining up different long term possible outcomes, and some of the hints are pretty out there...
    Like Teclis masterminding keeping his brother Tyrion in Ulthuan as acting Phoenix King so he couldn't save The Everqueen's kidnapped daughter, thus denying Nagash a certain amount of divine blood, because she was secretly Tyrion's daughter and not Finubar's, all so Teclis and Malekith can stall Nagash's fight against the Chaos gods so they can get ready to team up with him for it. Yeah.

Also, WIP Ludwig Schwarzhelm
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; September 16, 2014 at 07:08 PM.

you're right about that, Whiff.

PS wow, this is pretty freaking sweat.

dare I ask for some of the Kislev leaders?

As far as Kislev goes, I could take a look. Kislev has the wrong leader, since Tzarina Katarin The Ice Queen is boss, now. She's also an ice mage, so hmm.

I've got Ludwig Schwarzhelm in the game, just have to fix his normalmap:

Only one problem, he's the Emperor's personal champion/bodyguard/standard bearer, so he should be an officer in the Emperor's bodyguard unit, like he is in my screens. Just like in the tabletop, in the game he'd take wounds for the Emperor, since he'd be in front of him, instead of Karl Franz being in the first rank. BUT, Karl Franz uses the generic Reiksguard Knights Bodyguard, which is also used by the heir and Kurt Helborg. So for him to work in campaign without the possibility of having 2 of him when putting multiple generals in a single stack, I'd need to give Karl Franz a unique bodyguard with Schwarzhelm as an officer and set him to use that in campaign.

I could do that, but the problem is my mod would then have to have its own modified EDU, campaign_script, and bm.mdb, which reduces compatibility with other stuff, unless I build it to work on top of Kahvi's mod, at the least.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Yeah, he is great, love it. +1 once I can again.

You could have two downloads, one with just models that have no edits to the files, one with edu and such changes with bonus stuff. Or have mention what to change in the files to add the edited bodyguards and such if people play with modified stuff, or make it compatible with the stuff they have. I think people would be ok with that.