Page 13 of 156 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosPillager56 View Post
    That sounds like a neat idea and i fully support this mod of yours.

Also what about custom battles, will we for example be able to recruit Araby as mercenaries and will custom settlements and other improvements be added to it? I would like the idea of recruiting heroes and lords in custom battles, that would be a very nice touch instead of having a regular general like..all the time when i play custom battles.
    Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to allow hero recruitment in custom battles due to M2TW engine limitations (though if anybody can correct me go ahead). As for Araby etc, they'll definetly be available for campaign map and custom battle recruitment (though perhaps not for all factions in cases where the lore wouldn't make sense, like Brettonia for example).

There will be a way, ill do 2 export desr units so you all can switch between the two for custom battle heros. Otherwise they will only be on the campaign map. There are technical reasons for this but it will work ok.

Faction selection preview, some stuff still WIP:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Impressive!
    So Chaos Undivided will be a playable faction from the start, will the other Chaos factions share the army roster as in vanilla?
    Great work!

hold 180 regions

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    Impressive!
    So Chaos Undivided will be a playable faction from the start, will the other Chaos factions share the army roster as in vanilla?
    Great work!
    Yes, Chaos Undivided will be on the map and playable from the start. Other Chaos factions will have only their factional units, so no Daemonettes for Khorne.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    hold 180 regions
    WIP, every faction will have their own win conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to allow hero recruitment in custom battles due to M2TW engine limitations (though if anybody can correct me go ahead). As for Araby etc, they'll definetly be available for campaign map and custom battle recruitment (though perhaps not for all factions in cases where the lore wouldn't make sense, like Brettonia for example).
    I think Tomb Kings and the Empire in particular should be able to recruit Araby units since Tomb Kings live close to Araby and the Empire which regularly recruits mercenaries from other factions. Will custom settlements be in though? The Third Age mod for example has a bunch of custom settlements available in custom battles. For special structures like Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep they did it so that you only have to set the preset and culture to for example (fortress and Gondor) to be able to play a specific siege map and it would be awesome if you and your team could do something about this. Don't take me wrong, i like the Campaign a lot but Custom Battles is also very important imo, not as important as a campaign but close. I have one last major question, Will Cathay ever be available as a faction? In the lore they use a lot of mechanical steam-punk like troops, but they also use a lot of human troops and creatures. It would be quite awesome to see them integrated because we know almost nothing about the factions and creatures of the eastern lands at all, so this could be some kind of faction where you have to use your imagination and all available lore to create them. They are located right behind the Mountains of Mourn, so if you could expand the map a little bit more we could have some space for them, but they aren't really needed though it would be awesome to see how you come up with their units, culture, strength and weaknesses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    There will be a way, ill do 2 export desr units so you all can switch between the two for custom battle heros. Otherwise they will only be on the campaign map. There are technical reasons for this but it will work ok.
    That sounds amazing! Do you mean that we can choose between two different generals/leaders when we are setting up a battle or that we can choose a specific general like Karl Franz or Archaeon the Everchosen? Either way it would be a great addition to custom battles, M2TW is an old game after all so i am aware of limitations on for example unit sizes, performance etc.

I think Tomb Kings and the Empire in particular should be able to recruit Araby units since Tomb Kings live close to Araby and the Empire which regularly recruits mercenaries from other factions.
    They might, if in Araby regions.

Will custom settlements be in though?
    Yes, some. The final list isn't done, yet.

I have one last major question, Will Cathay ever be available as a faction?
    The map is about as big as it can get, and the faction limit has been hit. All the armies that have had official armybooks are in the mod. If someone wants to make a sub-submod to include Cathay, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh, Southland Pygmies, a full playable Araby and Estalia, each independent Tilean Principality and Republic, Southern Wastes Beastmen/Daemon hybrids, Fimir, and any other races and factions I'm forgetting, they're very welcome to. The faction list for the mod as it is is finalized.

That sounds amazing! Do you mean that we can choose between two different generals/leaders when we are setting up a battle or that we can choose a specific general like Karl Franz or Archaeon the Everchosen? Either way it would be a great addition to custom battles, M2TW is an old game after all so i am aware of limitations on for example unit sizes, performance etc.
    One EDU would include the most popular heroes as captains for their bodyguard units to use in custom battles, the other would be for campaigns so you don't have 2 of them in your campaign battles.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Suddenly i have a weird sensation in my pants.....looks amazing as always

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I can only see great things here.

Gooooood...

Yes, Chaos Undivided will be on the map and playable from the start. Other Chaos factions will have only their factional units, so no Daemonettes for Khorne.
    PRAISE BE TO THE CHAOS GODS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    That sounds really neat. Any plans on differentiating them from the standard units other than just being led by the character?

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    That sounds really neat. Any plans on differentiating them from the standard units other than just being led by the character?
    They'll probably get a decent stat pump, at least some more hitpoints, since they're not getting the character's traits and ancillaries or hero abilities from the campaign. We've got some cool bodyguard units, so it should come out nicely. The only thing would be multiple characters using the same bodyguard unit, but we'll figure it out.

Citizen

They'll probably get a decent stat pump, at least some more hitpoints, since they're not getting the character's traits and ancillaries or hero abilities from the campaign. We've got some cool bodyguard units, so it should come out nicely. The only thing would be multiple characters using the same bodyguard unit, but we'll figure it out.
    Will these be bodyguards unique to the hero, or will they be beefier versions of the faction's unique units, e.g. Reikland's Karl Franz leading a beefier version of the Reiksguard Knights?

Sorry for the probing, I'm just really excited to see these features.

Will these be bodyguards unique to the hero, or will they be beefier versions of the faction's unique units, e.g. Reikland's Karl Franz leading a beefier version of the Reiksguard Knights?

Sorry for the probing, I'm just really excited to see these features.
    Karl Franz? Reiksguard Knights? You saw we have flying griffons, right?

Yeah, some of them are unique units. Grimgor has Da Immortulz and Settra The Imperishable has his pimped out four horse skeletal chariot, for some examples. Not too many unit slots to spare on loads of unique bodyguards, but some of the big badasses will have 'em.

Citizen

Karl Franz? Reiksguard Knights? You saw we have flying griffons, right?
    What!? YOU DO!?!?! WHERE!?!

*frantically shuffles through thread pages*

Yeah, some of them are unique units. Grimgor has Da Immortulz and Settra The Imperishable has his pimped out four horse skeletal chariot, for some examples. Not too many unit slots to spare on loads of unique bodyguards, but some of the big badasses will have 'em.
    That's fantastic! I can't wait!

What!? YOU DO!?!?! WHERE!?!

*frantically shuffles through thread pages*

That's fantastic! I can't wait!
    I'm excited, too!

Citizen

Oh, that is fantastic!

Between this, Hyrule, and Thera, I'm living the Total War dream

Gotta see this released soon, I can't wait for it. Thanks for your work dudes, this is gonna bring us hours and hours of fun. And for those with an old computer that cannot run the new Warhammer Total War, this sub-mod will be our GOTY. Some questions:

1) Ogre Kingdoms faction is placed in the Mountains of Mourn? I can't see their mountains in the preview map, the eastern point is the Dark Lands area of Zharr Whatevah.
    2) I can see in the faction menu that Beasts of Chaos (aka Beastmen) don't have their own symbol, so they're still gonna be included as units in the Chaos factions?

3) Also, in the menu faction I can see right to Border Princes (now Dogs of War ?) a symbol, what faction is it? A 'Rebels' faction for those units like Araby, etc...?
    4) Some preview of new Wood Elves and Beasts of Chaos units? Pleeease!
    4) When will we enjoy it? Weeks or months?

Quote Originally Posted by kallaikoi View Post
    1) Ogre Kingdoms faction is placed in the Mountains of Mourn? I can't see their mountains in the preview map, the eastern point is the Dark Lands area of Zharr Whatevah.
    There's a little bit of the Mountains of Mourne in the top right corner of the map, but we're thinking about making the Ogres start off as a horde faction. That'd be different, and make them very scary.

2) I can see in the faction menu that Beasts of Chaos (aka Beastmen) don't have their own symbol, so they're still gonna be included as units in the Chaos factions?
    Beastmen units will be part of the Chaos factions, yes. Most notably as mercenaries recruitable in the field. Like in the lore, a Chaos warband on the march could have Beastmen flock to them from the woods.

3) Also, in the menu faction I can see right to Border Princes (now Dogs of War ?) a symbol, what faction is it? A 'Rebels' faction for those units like Araby, etc...?
    That's the rebels icon, yeah. It won't be a playable campaign faction, it's just there for testing purposes.

4) Some preview of new Wood Elves and Beasts of Chaos units? Pleeease!
    Maybe.
    Eternal Guard and Wardancers

4) When will we enjoy it? Weeks or months?
    When it's done, but it's getting pretty close. If anybody else is willing to help out, even sooner.

There's a little bit of the Mountains of Mourne in the top right corner of the map, but we're thinking about making the Ogres start off as a horde faction. That'd be different, and make them very scary.
    Pretty logical, that setup would bring balanced wars in the Dark Lands (Orcs & Goblins vs Chaos Dwarfs vs Ogre Kingdoms, with the little ones' citadels being the main objetive for both of them).

Maybe.
    Eternal Guard and Wardancers
    Wardancers!! Yeah! The coolest Wood Elves unit. Can't wait to see dryads, treekins...!

Snitch us some confirmed units, even if you want to keep us in suspense with no previews! Maybe those Dragon Ogres / Shaggoth they share with the Ogre Kingdoms faction...? Some olde Slann in Lizardmen?

Ah, and I suppose it's too late, but a cool idea on Chaos Dwarfs, Druchii, Skaven, etc (the slavers factions) campaign mode would be changing the "hiring mercenaries" name option for 'enslave' units of the territory they're in, that 'enslavement proffesionality' would fit the lore so much, maybe with a penalty for the recruited units for being 'slaves' and not 'mercenaries'... Vampire Counts could have some kind of their own 'enslavement' option...

Oh man almost done with this freaking thing, and yes the wheel spins.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Dont worry there will only be 1 per unit like the steam tank.