Page 15 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Also, these do technically appear in the lore, so in recognition of International Silliness Day:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If those are actually in the mod, my dreams of Street Sharks: Total War could finally come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwj8QvT-qpY

Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; January 30, 2016 at 04:59 PM.

I've read in previous posts,that this submod will be released before TW:W, so, the final release of Call of Warhammer 1.6 will be released in that date as well? I ask this because I can't see any release date for the final release... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Madrid View Post
    I've read in previous posts,that this submod will be released before TW:W, so, the final release of Call of Warhammer 1.6 will be released in that date as well? I ask this because I can't see any release date for the final release... Thanks
    This submod is based on the 1.6 beta. Our team is unrelated to the Call of Warhammer team, so we don't know anything more than anyone else about the status of the final release of Call of Warhammer 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    This submod is based on the 1.6 beta. Our team is unrelated to the Call of Warhammer team, so we don't know anything more than anyone else about the status of the final release of Call of Warhammer 1.6.
    Hey two questions, how is the progress for this going and are you using giganticus's 1.6 as your base or the actual one. (i have both installed,but just curious)

Quote Originally Posted by a_wizard View Post
    Hey two questions, how is the progress for this going and are you using giganticus's 1.6 as your base or the actual one. (i have both installed,but just curious)
    I started working on this submod pretty much as soon as the 1.6 beta was released, so well before Gigantus' came out. The earlier 1.6 version was also translated far more than the later one Gigantus' is based on, which means there's a lot left untranslated in Gig's that is translated in ours.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

These previews are jaw dropping! The map is just fantastic man! ANy work has been done on implementing the scripts into your mod?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    These previews are jaw dropping! The map is just fantastic man! ANy work has been done on implementing the scripts into your mod?
    You mean the Chaos scripts and stuff from regular COW? One of the main points of the mod is having it script-light. Now Chaos and Greenskins will invade according to the AI or player, using the Crusade and Jihad mechanics, not a bunch of one time spawns.

There's still scripts for some things, but the game is a lot more varied without everything preordained.

Hey guys,
    great work so far!!! I am always impressed what people can still create with this really old mod/engine. And also i am really happy to see that you guys will add the Wood Elves! BUT Why are there questionmarks behind Dryads, Treekin and Treeman? They are the most interesting units of this faction, if it isnt for the "Woodies" everybody would instead play the HE or DE for the Elves!
    If you need some units maybe you can ask the guys from the Medieval 2 mod "The Sundering - Rise of the Witch King" they have some breathtaking models for
    Dryads (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sunder...ryads#imagebox),
    Treekin (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sunder...eekin#imagebox),
    Treeman (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sunder...eeman#imagebox) and
    Great Eagles (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sunder...agles#imagebox).
    That will make the Wood Elves roster even more "wooded".

Also ive seen alot of links to unofficial Armybooks here and i tried a few of them, but to be honest the best side with the most thought and most interesting lore still is this side!!! -> http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.de/
    There is a lot of information to find about almost everything for not official released Armys of WHFB.

I wish you guys a good progress and i hope to see some more "Woodies" in the future and hopefully i will be able to play your awesome mod soon.
    Cheers
    Briggadoon

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

We can't use sundering models. You aren't the first one to ask us. Still, trends will be in the final release.

Oh ok... They dont give you guys permission or what is the problem? Sad because their mod is meh but the models just look fabulous.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, nobody has permission to use their stuff which is really sad b/c their mod is dead so it'll never see the light of day...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    I started working on this submod pretty much as soon as the 1.6 beta was released, so well before Gigantus' came out. The earlier 1.6 version was also translated far more than the later one Gigantus' is based on, which means there's a lot left untranslated in Gig's that is translated in ours.
    Okay here is the dump question of the day, ill need a certain version (gigantus or the other one) to play the mod? or i only need to have 1.6?

Quote Originally Posted by Themis95 View Post
    Okay here is the dump question of the day, ill need a certain version (gigantus or the other one) to play the mod? or i only need to have 1.6?
    It's standalone, you'll just download the mod by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Briggadoon View Post
    Oh ok... They dont give you guys permission or what is the problem? Sad because their mod is meh but the models just look fabulous.
    Yea I can understand why they would not want to, I have extracted warhammer online with easymyp and the way everything is set up its really hard to find the right model and texture. All the model and texture extensions are like a string of hex code or something rather than the name. So long story short, trying to find one model is like a needle in a haystack but I will look for the treefolk models but no promise I will find them. The sundering guys must have spent a really long time going through all those files to find the matching model/texture. Honestly we might just try to make some unless you know of good tree folk models out there.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Yea I can understand why they would not want to, I have extracted warhammer online with easymyp and the way everything is set up its really hard to find the right model and texture. All the model and texture extensions are like a string of hex code or something rather than the name. So long story short, trying to find one model is like a needle in a haystack but I will look for the treefolk models but no promise I will find them. The sundering guys must have spent a really long time going through all those files to find the matching model/texture. Honestly we might just try to make some unless you know of good tree folk models out there.

Does anyone claim any rights to warhammer online's models? I have played the private server that is still going and have seen some models from there in other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Does anyone claim any rights to warhammer online's models? I have played the private server that is still going and have seen some models from there in other mods.
    I really dont know, almost every model in the sundering is ripped from warhammer online. For the sundering to claim that no one can use there models is a little crazy as they are ripped from another game and not owned by anyone on that team. BUT.... like I said its a lot of work to rip or reverse engineer a model its not as simple as draging the model into the mod and having it just work. Honestly we dont want and crap or arguments over this stuff so thats a main reason not to use there models, it is not worth the headache. If someone from the sundering team wants to give us permission that's fine but we will not go seeking it. It is a shame I know because there are some good ones but that's just how it is I guess.

Yeah, even the private server isn't from the original Warhammer Online studio. It's pretty much abandoned. COW has some WO content, and like 90% of The Sundering's assets are from it. It'd be great to be able to use those models, but they're pretty hard to rip from it, and TWC is really really strict about "stealing" other modders' work, even if none of us can truly hold anything remotely resembling a legal claim to any of this in any court in the world, and to suggest so is pretty damn laughable. Still, I don't want this mod getting blocked because we used some stuff from The Sundering and any member of their team decides any amount of their work that went into it can't be shared.

so one question guys:
    can i download this mod like NAOW?!?
    i just read a few sides and posts but it seems some people have already downloaded it(?).
    maybe my english isnt good enough to understand it right but is there a full mod download available or not?
    would love to play this mod right now!
    cheers
    Briggadoon

NO , it will be released sooon...

Its getting there guys, should be pretty soon now admiral made some good progress on filling in the campaign map and wiff and I are still adding units trying to fill out the ogres and elves. But don't worry progress is not slowing.