Page 14 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Epic!
    Is that a Skaven tank just for melee?
    Also I can't resist to ask if you have plans to make new siege units ( ex: Catapults) for some factions like the Vampire Counts, Druchii and Asur?
    I'm no lore expert, but the Vampire Counts should have a siege unit capable of blasting a stone wall... or an ethereal ghost with the pass wall ability
    Keep showing us the new goddies!

Great mother of the great uknown, Great job guys bravo i think i am having a fever cause of anxiousness,
    one thing i want to ask is the blunderbusses, are they in?
    if they are will they be balanced a bit (range and especialy ammo 5 full barages should be enough)

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Oh man almost done with this freaking thing, and yes the wheel spins.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Dont worry there will only be 1 per unit like the steam tank.
    What exactly is this thing? Some kind of blend between a chariot and steam tank?

Either way, thanks for answering my questions, Cathay isn't really needed..maybe some units from the eastern lands could be recruited as mercenaries?

Also are you planning to add in gyrocopters and possibly gyrobombers? They would probably require some unique animations, but it would be cool to see them possibly be integrated since they are a very famous creation like the steam tank. I would also like to suggest some new units that you can add to some factions to make their roster a bit more varied and unique.

Bull centaurs, magma cannons and skull cracker engines for Chaos Dwarfs. Orc boar chariots, goblin wolf chariots and snotling pump engines for orcs & Goblins. More squig types for Night Goblins. Dragon Ogres and furies (don't know if furies is in fantasy but would be cool to see them added) for Chaos undivided? Tree Kin and Tree men for Wood Elves. Plague censer bearers, Warpfire throwers and possibly the Hell-pit abomination which can be their ultimate unit. Corpse carts, Crypt Horrors and Fell bats. Leadbelchers and fire bellys for Ogre Kingdoms. Lion chariots of chrace, Griffons and High-elf archers for the High elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosPillager56 View Post
    What exactly is this thing? Some kind of blend between a chariot and steam tank?
    http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Skaven-Doomwheel

Either way, thanks for answering my questions, Cathay isn't really needed..maybe some units from the eastern lands could be recruited as mercenaries?
    Possibly, but nothing is currently planned. Maybe some variants in DOW infantry.

Also are you planning to add in gyrocopters and possibly gyrobombers? They would probably require some unique animations, but it would be cool to see them possibly be integrated since they are a very famous creation like the steam tank. I would also like to suggest some new units that you can add to some factions to make their roster a bit more varied and unique.
    It's possible, but they don't land, which makes hitting them difficult.

Bull centaurs, magma cannons and skull cracker engines for Chaos Dwarfs. Orc boar chariots, goblin wolf chariots and snotling pump engines for orcs & Goblins. More squig types for Night Goblins. Dragon Ogres and furies (don't know if furies is in fantasy but would be cool to see them added) for Chaos undivided? Tree Kin and Tree men for Wood Elves. Plague censer bearers, Warpfire throwers and possibly the Hell-pit abomination which can be their ultimate unit. Corpse carts, Crypt Horrors and Fell bats. Leadbelchers and fire bellys for Ogre Kingdoms. Lion chariots of chrace, Griffons and High-elf archers for the High elves.
    Can you make models?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Skaven-Doomwheel

Wow, this one of the best war machines i have seen. Will it be able to shoot warp lightning bolts while on the move? If so, this will probably be one of my new favorite units.

Possibly, but nothing is currently planned. Maybe some variants in DOW infantry.

That sounds like a reasonable idea, let me know when you post any units of them because it will be interesting to see how they look.

It's possible, but they don't land, which makes hitting them difficult.

They could be vulnerable to missile fire, especially crossbow bolts and blackpower/gunpower weapons since they are very good at penetrating armor.

Can you make models?
    Unfortunately no, i have recently begun in High School and i'm still learning how to code and possibly model things properly or to at least a point where it's decent. If you are going to make these units then take your time because patience is a virtue. :p

I accidentally wrote most of my replies in your quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis95 View Post
    Great mother of the great uknown, Great job guys bravo i think i am having a fever cause of anxiousness,
    one thing i want to ask is the blunderbusses, are they in?
    if they are will they be balanced a bit (range and especialy ammo 5 full barages should be enough)
    Well the chaos dwarfs always had the blunderbuss, It will be balanced a little more. It had the BP(body piercing) trait so basicly the projectiles could pass through units. So anyway I removed that trait so its far less deadly but still something to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Well the chaos dwarfs always had the blunderbuss, It will be balanced a little more. It had the BP(body piercing) trait so basicly the projectiles could pass through units. So anyway I removed that trait so its far less deadly but still something to worry about.
    well they arent so deadly in the hands of the AI (they still do work from time to time) but mostly the problem that the AI cant take proper measures against them (especialy in a siege) it would be more dificult for me (i mean in the original i call of warhammer i found myself opening gaps in the wall and then all the AI army was getting squashed without being able to take the proper measures against them due to that huge amount of ammo that i could kill the entire army with less than half ammo) still whatever. what i mean isif i had around 6-10 full barage i would be forced to pick the targets i want out.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis95 View Post
    well they arent so deadly in the hands of the AI (they still do work from time to time) but mostly the problem that the AI cant take proper measures against them (especialy in a siege) it would be more dificult for me (i mean in the original i call of warhammer i found myself opening gaps in the wall and then all the AI army was getting squashed without being able to take the proper measures against them due to that huge amount of ammo that i could kill the entire army with less than half ammo) still whatever. what i mean isif i had around 6-10 full barage i would be forced to pick the targets i want out.
    The balance isn't finalized, and things like ammo count are still subject to change. Without the BP (body piercing), the blunderbusses still shred the front row of a unit, but not the whole block in a single volley. Ideally every unit will be able to be utilized correctly by the AI, with nothing that's too overpowered for the player only.

The balance isn't finalized, and things like ammo count are still subject to change. Without the BP (body piercing), the blunderbusses still shred the front row of a unit, but not the whole block in a single volley. Ideally every unit will be able to be utilized correctly by the AI, with nothing that's too overpowered for the player only.
    OMG.. if i was 3 times excited about this mod now i am probably 30 times more. outstanding job there guys. I think i just died for 6 secs when i read the last lines

That's awesome. I always found it a bit odd that the blunderbuss projectiles tore straight through units like that.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Some campaign map updates:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That daily moment to visit the thread and get hyped

The map work is great mate, as any single aspect in the submod. Middenheim over the rock, as it should be.

can i ask how many hp does a moster commander like the warboss on whyvern have?

the map looks awesome!!! outstanding

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

That map looks very nice and i assume the submod will work faster and more bug-free because of the lack of army scripts.

Well, the Blunderbuss is much more powerful than your standard handgun and even repeater handgun. The blunderbuss literally shoots cannon grape shots, it can also be assorted with a variety of ammunition from the standard ammo (lead and iron pellets), to the exotic ( flammable liquid or lengths of chain) to the improvised (Broken glass, rusty nails, rocks etc.) The reason why it's so powerful (at least in the lore) is because it shoots a large "cloud" of assorted ammunition, rather than a single bullets, that's why it can pierce through entire regiments.

I would rather nerf the damage, increase the reload time or shorten the range instead of removing the body piercing because that is a key part of the blunderbuss, a nice bonus would be to increase the price and limit the amount of ammunition it can shoot to make it feel more balanced and hard to get.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Also, these do technically appear in the lore, so in recognition of International Silliness Day:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

STREET SHARKS

Majesticc's Avatar Foederatus

I completely love how most of the Empire major cities, like Middenheim have a fortress that needs to be taken down before you can siege it. It really puts emphasis on how difficult some of these cities are to take.

P.S Keep up the awesome work and i'm really excited for a release