Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53103128143144145146147148149150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: The original thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    Go to the Discord link in the Moddb page, just have to register, you also get the last patch of the mod.
    The discord patch requires the moddb download, though. We had it on google drive and mega before, but they're off now. I don't remember if a torrent was made for 1.5. We'll try to get the next version on as many hosts as possible, including a torrent.

I am glad that the next version is being worked on. I have one question: "Is there going to be anything done with the vegetation in the mod, especially those godawful grass textures in the Empire lands, that severely reduce contrasts between a unit and ground?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    I am glad that the next version is being worked on. I have one question: "Is there going to be anything done with the vegetation in the mod, especially those godawful grass textures in the Empire lands, that severely reduce contrasts between a unit and ground?"
    It's planned.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello guys, i got Dwarven Karaks from Tomdoof to use in Warcraft Total War - but the problem is the terrain is all black..

- And moving the entire "blockset"-folder over didn't fix the issue.

I need help on what files to use to solve this..

(In Warhammer they worked well as seen in the first pic.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-03-01 21-48-55-424.jpg   kingdoms 2018-03-01 21-28-32-893.jpg   kingdoms 2018-03-01 21-28-38-087.jpg   kingdoms 2018-03-01 21-28-43-247.jpg   kingdoms 2018-03-01 21-28-51-326.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-03-01 22-16-11-777.jpg   kingdoms 2018-03-01 22-16-28-042.jpg   kingdoms 2018-03-01 22-16-36-759.jpg   kingdoms 2018-03-01 22-26-02-342.jpg   kingdoms 2018-03-01 22-26-13-513.jpg  

Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

About this instructions in Moddb:
    "In BOTET/data/world/maps/base there's map_fog.tga. With a program that can edit .tga files (GIMP, Paint.net, Photoshop, etc.) change it from all black to all white."

I used xnview to change the .tga, and it works, a much better experience, less claustrophobic in my opinion... but it's not save compatible!
    Just to be sure, I have to start all my campaigns again, no other program will solve this, right?
    I know this is a ten years game, but sometimes... anyway keep up the excellent work!
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Hi, i have a question, how can i get the office of miners union as the dwarfs?

Also, the game is designed so the dwarfs can't grow population? I build every food building in every fortress i have, but none of my cities is even close to upgrade the wall.

Sorry if this isn't the place to question, i'm new in this type of forums.

If I'm not wrong, you can only get the office of miners union like the mason guild, it is a random event that pops up, probably with a lower percentage, but I only play with Chaos Dwarfs, no unions lol!!
    If you are playing the 1.5 version you cannot upgrade any settlement for all factions, but go to the Moddb page, search for the link Discord, just register there and you have a more recent patch that enables the population growth.

Thanks

Artifex

The mod is very entertaining, thanks so much for the huge work!

The lizardmen are uniformly coloured when it comes to their scales. Are they that similar in the warhammer world? Otherwise they would look even greater if some had slightly lighter or greyish blue scales, and their dinosaurs had a similar subtle variety. I know how to edit their textures but not how to edit the model to use two or more varieties instead of just one, unfortunately.

When it comes to a units attack, how powerful would a poisoned weapon be compared to just the weapon? In the warhammer lore poisons are described as extremely effective but I don't know how that is translated into the tabletop game rules, or if those can even be used in a meaningful way here?
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Quote Originally Posted by Maltacus View Post
    The lizardmen are uniformly coloured when it comes to their scales. Are they that similar in the warhammer world? Otherwise they would look even greater if some had slightly lighter or greyish blue scales, and their dinosaurs had a similar subtle variety. I know how to edit their textures but not how to edit the model to use two or more varieties instead of just one, unfortunately.
    Lizardmen from the same spawning tend to all have the same coloring, and a blue base is by far the most common, with different secondary colors. But there's no one correct color palette, as the whole thing started with people painting their own models however they wanted.

If you want to make a model use multiple texture variants in a single unit, you'd need to make all the variants you want on the one texture (two, counting the attachments texture), then cloning the parts of the model and reassigning all of their texture mapping. To make room, you'd probably have to either make the texture 4 times bigger, or make the textures 4 times lower resolution.

When it comes to a units attack, how powerful would a poisoned weapon be compared to just the weapon? In the warhammer lore poisons are described as extremely effective but I don't know how that is translated into the tabletop game rules, or if those can even be used in a meaningful way here?
    In tabletop it means their attacks automatically wound on a d6 roll when rolling to see if it hits, so enemies with high toughness can't just shrug it off. It definitely has its uses against the right targets, but it's not "automatically kills anyone grazed, then kills anyone else they vomit on in their painful death convulsions" kind of insane like the lore might make it sound.

Artifex

If you want to make a model use multiple texture variants in a single unit, you'd need to make all the variants you want on the one texture (two, counting the attachments texture), then cloning the parts of the model and reassigning all of their texture mapping. To make room, you'd probably have to either make the texture 4 times bigger, or make the textures 4 times lower resolution.
    Yeah, and the reassigning of the texture mapping is the problem for me. That is the part I can't figure out how to do.

In tabletop it means their attacks automatically wound on a d6 roll when rolling to see if it hits, so enemies with high toughness can't just shrug it off. It definitely has its uses against the right targets, but it's not "automatically kills anyone grazed, then kills anyone else they vomit on in their painful death convulsions" kind of insane like the lore might make it sound.
    Hahaha, excellent summary on the lore input on poisons, sums it up completely.

Tricky thing to implement, even before you put things like undead and others not being exactly sensitive to it (and nurglings probably crying "candy!", "more! more!") into the equation. I've been writing down my own thoughts about unit stats in a kind of table and went with poison adding 50% damage to the weapon but I now think it should add an integer amount instead.
    Last edited by Maltacus; May 02, 2018 at 03:42 PM.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Yeah, and the reassigning of the texture mapping is the problem for me. That is the part I can't figure out how to do.
    If you use Milkshape, there's a texture coordinate editor, where you can move the mapping for the pieces around. It should just be some scaling and moving, not too too tricky.

Hahaha, excellent summary on the lore input on poisons, sums it up completely.

Tricky thing to implement, even before you put things like undead and others not being exactly sensitive to it (and nurglings probably crying "candy!", "more! more!") into the equation. I've been writing down my own thoughts about unit stats in a kind of table and went with poison adding 50% damage to the weapon but I now think it should add an integer amount instead.
    We basically just give a reasonable damage bonus and a bit more accuracy for projectiles. It's tricky to get every rule represented right, that one seems to work best as a slight damage and accuracy bonus. Remember, it's only 1/6th of to-hit rolls it works on, and it doesn't bypass armor or anything, plus it's an automatic wound, but tougher things have multiple wounds.

Everything sounds incredibly badass in the lore, which isn't so much overhyping them as it is everything good enough to survive this long and even count for anything on tabletop in that setting being just as badass. In a world of badasses, it takes a really special amount of badass to shine. That's how I look at it, anyway. Warhammer poison attacks are so incredibly deadly nobody could ever survive them, but a bunch of enemies are so badass that they survive them anyway. Balances out.

So I went to the Discord to get the latest patch, update 1.02, and now I'm confused as to where to install it. I have two folders in my Medieval Total War II mods directory. One is named BOTET, the other is named "COW Beginning of the end times". Both are roughly equal in size (over 15gb). Can somebody remind me as to why that is? It seems the newer folder is the "COW" one, but the instructions on the discord tell me to install in the "BOTET" folder.

Wat do?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastalaxe View Post
    So I went to the Discord to get the latest patch, update 1.02, and now I'm confused as to where to install it. I have two folders in my Medieval Total War II mods directory. One is named BOTET, the other is named "COW Beginning of the end times". Both are roughly equal in size (over 15gb). Can somebody remind me as to why that is? It seems the newer folder is the "COW" one, but the instructions on the discord tell me to install in the "BOTET" folder.

Wat do?
    The folder with the full name is the old 1.01 build, you need to get the 1.5 one, which is named BOTET, from moddb first, then put the 1.02 patch over that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    The folder with the full name is the old 1.01 build, you need to get the 1.5 one, which is named BOTET, from moddb first, then put the 1.02 patch over that.
    Thanks a lot! Just peaked at the moddb file and it seems to already have the patch implemented? As in, if I downloaded BOTET from moddb today, it would already include the 1.02 update?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastalaxe View Post
    Thanks a lot! Just peaked at the moddb file and it seems to already have the patch implemented? As in, if I downloaded BOTET from moddb today, it would already include the 1.02 update?
    Nope, the discord patch is an update patch from a few months ago that you apply to the year old moddb build.

hi everyone ı played botet 1.5 beta ı loved it great mod. But ı want to download botet V1 but cant find download link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    Tomdoof wrote on Moddb that the "faction icon bug solved also the right click UI bug solved with it", may I ask if there is a tutorial about that, particulary the anoying right click UI bug, not to BotET, the hotfix is uppon us... I hope, but to implement on other mods, thanks!
    How resolve it?! What will I change/add in UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    How resolve it?! What will I change/add in UI?
    It's an issue with some of the .tga files having compression. The fix is re-saving them in an image editing program.

So I installed the new stand-alone version from Discord, the new Skaven are amazing, more new cool units for some factions like the Hydras, Chaos Spawn, Razordons and the Savage Biguns. But something is puzzling me: how have you managed from 499 entries (some where unused, 4 or something like that) to 477 in the export_descr_unit.txt? And this means that you are releasing more new units in a near future? What dark magic are you using?