To any developer of the mod: This is my feedback ….
I have found the mod quite remarkable and very enjoyable, however there are a number of issues that I have encountered so I’ve decided to list here all my questions, remarks and thoughts on this mod:
To specify I am playing the latest version of the mod, the 1.5 (+discord) version that was added on Mod DB in march 2019 : https://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-w...iscord-version
Issues:
_ There is a recurrent bug where textures sort of mash and that makes the game crash, it seems to be a prevalent bug with large scale mods, but is there something to be done to minimise it’s affects?
_ Another recurrent bug is that when trying to play a custom battle with 20 steam tanks, the game seems to automatically crash, so what gives?
_ The mod comes with a number of corrupted files (saves from replays and campaigns), in a final version of the mod could these be removed?
_ For the Vampires, the Grave guard halberdiers have swords.
_ The unit card, and texture for “sisters of Averlorn” are missing for some human factions.
_ Karl Franz hammer texture seems to be missing when he is on a Griffon.
_ The Tsars guards and wagons for Kislev aren’t available in campaign.
_ Kislev rangers are missing from campaign.
_ Dragon Slayers, for the dwarves aren’t available in campaign.
_ Alcatani Fellowship aren’t available in campaign.
_ The halfling pot thrower aren’t available in campaign.
(in fact quite a number of units aren’t available in campaign….).
_ A number of units don’t have any pictures when right clicking on them.
_ A number of units are lacking accurate descriptions of abilities (ex: elven arches have long range missiles, but it isn’t specified in the unit description….).
_ In campaign, Mazdamundi isn’t in his unit, the right texture is there in the game (Slann Mage-Priest), so why not use it for him?
_ Ogres have unit sound in campaign but not in battle
_ War mammoths don’t have any sound (a number of units in fact are lacking sound…).
_ Inner circle knights’ bodyguards for the dogs of war don’t have any texture (they look silver).
_ Van Klumpf Buccaneers have no flag (playing as the dogs of war).
_ A number of buildings have a generic pyramid picture instead of an appropriate one….
_ When the wood elves upgrade their settlements, they look like bretonnian settlements, which looks weird in the forests of Athel Loren…
_ Bretonnia seems to have a bit of a weird temple system, they can both build small temple to sigmar, and the lady of the lake building chain, it doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense… Furthermore, when the empire captures a bretonnian city, the lady of the lake building doesn’t automatically get destroyed and provides no bonuses, and stops the empire from constructing the churches of sigmar unless the lady of the lake building is manually destroyed….
_ rat swarm have weird floating torches above them in night battles (perhaps this is due to engine limitations…)
_ A number of coastal regions don’t have ports.
_ 2 farms in Wissenburg.
_ Woodsmen’s guild not in building browser.
_ In a campaign with the empire, the farms didn’t seem to work, I right clicked on them and there was no “farms +1” in the description…. Is this normal, due to the farming scripts, or is this a bug?
_ The last Alcohol production building (for the empire) has a Russian description…
_ The artists’ studios for Kislev still has the m2tw description (in fact many buildings have very sparse descriptions….).
_ For some reason, rebels can build the emperors palace in Middenstag…..
Questions and propositions:
_ Could there be more cutscenes, notably for the intros, I think the only ones to have it are the dark elves, … It would be nice to have some more of that……
_ Could the dogs of war faction be made more playable in campaign (greater unit availability from barracks notably…)
_ Could some sort of map feature be added on the campaign map to represent the vortex (for example a resource, that makes the vortex visible on the campaign map…).
_ Why has the old world map been changed? Why have the navigable rivers of the old world been removed? Also, why have the lands of chaos been changed? (the tzeentch corruption was removed I think?...)
_ Could forts be made buildable again? I found that being able to build your own fortifications is really useful in campaign….
_ Apparently there is a way of making “named forts”, this could be useful for BOTET as a number of these forts replace settlements : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ld-Named-Forts
_ Could you bring back empire free company great swords, as well as Nuln Landsknechts? Especially the landsknechts, they are so cool and the empire could really do with some pikemen for some pike and shot tactics.
_ Talking of empire troops, could you make all empire units available to all empire factions? Maybe in an AOR fashion (ex: Nuln great canon available only in Nuln, and griffons only available in Altdorf to non Reikland empire factions). This would be quite feasible, as I’ve noticed looking in the files you have quite a lot of hidden resources slots available that could be created for this… Many of these units have their own unique flags, which is a nice touch, … It would make playing as empire factions more fun (being able to recruit all knightly orders for example…) ….. A greater use of the hidden resource feature would be nice….
_ Also, couldn’t Bretonnia, and Kislev also have the dogs of war building chain and their AOR units (in Estalia, Tylea…) and the empire like the other human factions?
_ Didn’t the Vampire counts used to have the screaming skull catapult in a previous version?
_ Griffons, Hippogriffs and a number of flying units have no riders, and are fairly small. In previous version of the mod they were more numerous and had riders, the animals themselves have saddles on them…. Instead of three, I think griffons should be 4-5 or 6 when tacking in account their cost and recruitment requirements… and having riders simply makes the game look better….
_ More tanks per unit (as they are really expensive…).
_In fact, larger units in general would be neat….
_ Could all units have the “free upkeep” attribute? It would simply make keeping garrisons a lot simpler, and easier to plan out, as there doesn’t seem to be great coherence in that regard, some basic units don’t have free upkeep, but some elite units do…..
_ Could there be a greater availability of dwarves and elvish auxiliaries in more settlements for humans (ex: dwarves available in dwarven Karaks)?
_Could steam tanks be made into an AOR unit in Miragliano for human factions?
_ Could there be a general (Balthasar Gelt) with a gold wizard unit spawn (unique character spawn like Volkmar)?
_ Could wizard units be made into general units, with a special wizard general officer model, and general unit card?
_ Could there be a witch hunter agent for the empire that functions like an inquisitor in Medieval 2 TW…
_ More mercenaries would be nice….
_ A few more officers in units would be great….
_ Having more units with abilities, notably spear wall for halberd units (even if they don’t start the battle with it…).
_ More artillery engines per unit would also be great…
_ The “chaos dwarf manufactory” could be renamed into generic “manufactory” as the skaven also use this building chain….
_ Could the cultures be reworked in campaign, for example, some Norscan cities look like middle eastern settlements, which is kind of out of place.
_ Could there be more unique buildings? (ex: The Oak of Ages, in Athel Loren…).
_ More custom settlements would be great (ex: especially for the wood elves….).
_ Could there be a “useful info’s” PDF be given with the mod, detailing recruitment possibilities, buildings, unique units and buildings, etc.….
_ One thing that would be great would be for the mod to have its own launcher like Roma Surrectum, that would enable the mod to have more playable factions (like the beastmen, Estalia, Tylea, ….).

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
That about it, for my feedback for the mod….
To any developers out there reading this:
Great job so far, you’ve done an excellent mod, it just needs a bit of work done, and a few things need fixing….
I hope my comments were of some use….
Cheers.