Page 29 of 156 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479129 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

suffer not ye a day this thread isn't posted in. Keep it up guys can't wait!

Be sure to check out the moddb page, too.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...-the-end-times

bloody hell that slann looks unreal. I can't even imagine how cool this is going to be

Awesome! we got Karl Franz there!
    Could we have some nippon and cathay mercenary units? PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE?
    just 5 or 6 units, samurais, naginata infantry, shogun lord , main cathay halbediers, the terracota army and some monks? like a kind of mercenaries or a custom battle units, i would LOVE to play as Cathay agains't the Ogres kingdom and get some nippon samurais to fight as mercenaries or something like that please make it happend please please!
    Last edited by Flam; March 01, 2016 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    Awesome! we got Karl Franz there!
    Could we have some nippon and cathay mercenary units? PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE?
    just 5 or 6 units, samurais, naginata infantry, shogun lord , main cathay halbediers, the terracota army and some monks? like a kind of mercenaries or a custom battle units, i would LOVE to play as Cathay agains't the Ogres kingdom and get some nippon samurais to fight as mercenaries or something like that please make it happend please please!
    Are you serious with cathay guys? We work on lizardmen , dragon , vermin lord and other wonderfull unit and you speak about cathay ! you have Shogun total war if you want .

Dont get what i say badly , but i don't understand why you want absolutly cathay ....sorry i don't

Just some units for recreate the Ogre war with Cathay, and some goblin wolf riders like the mongols, since they had problems with those.
    And some samurai units for see them fighting chaos and others, i don't know, it sounds good and would be very cool to see them in the game as a very unique special pair of unit, i tell you many people would find it coo lto see samurais and the terracota army and so.
    Also the arabian djiins and the flying carpet too.
    Hell! even ONE unit for Albion, like the giants or the painted warriors there would be cool, and the estalian diestros, looking like Alatriste and other 16 century soldiers with fancy long feathered hats and a fine sword, and some hafling militia, all that would be cool too and since there is so many mods with japan and china i trough you guys won't require too much work about asking for them, also the estalian diestros could be taken from the "with fire and sword" mod, and the albion unit from some roman or hellenistic mod , you know, the celt guys, just with a little details here and there, even the arabian handgunners are basically janissaries and could be taken frommany mods out there (with fire and sword for example, but there is a lot out there that have them). They would be easy to do. The terracota warriors would be basically the normal "chinese" unit retextured and with other stats and so.

Just imagine a rock made army fighting ghosts, damn!
    Last edited by Flam; March 01, 2016 at 01:44 PM.

Lizardmen are going to be a campaign faction right?

Just some units for recreate the Ogre war with Cathay, and some goblin wolf riders like the mongols, since they had problems with those.
    And some samurai units for see them fighting chaos and others, i don't know, it sounds good and would be very cool to see them in the game as a very unique special pair of unit, i tell you many people would find it coo lto see samurais and the terracota army and so.
    Also the arabian djiins and the flying carpet too.
    Hell! even ONE unit for Albion, like the giants or the painted warriors there would be cool, and the estalian diestros, looking like Alatriste and other 16 century soldiers with fancy long feathered hats and a fine sword, and some hafling militia, all that would be cool too and since there is so many mods with japan and china i trough you guys won't require too much work about asking for them, also the estalian diestros could be taken from the "with fire and sword" mod, and the albion unit from some roman or hellenistic mod , you know, the celt guys, just with a little details here and there, even the arabian handgunners are basically janissaries and could be taken frommany mods out there (with fire and sword for example, but there is a lot out there that have them). They would be easy to do. The terracota warriors would be basically the normal "chinese" unit retextured and with other stats and so.

Just imagine a rock made army fighting ghosts, damn!
    Some of those are already in.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHaiEmma View Post
    Lizardmen are going to be a campaign faction right?
    Yes.

I think the problem is the maximum number of different units not the work to add them. I prefer see special units made for the mod than others that I can see in other mods, if these units have less importance because the map does not reach its region or other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    I think the problem is the maximum number of different units not the work to add them. I prefer see special units made for the mod than others that I can see in other mods, if these units have less importance because the map does not reach its region or other reasons.
    It's both, plus there's other units that are needed for the existing factions that we should try to get in first. I think it would be better to have a more complete Lizardmen faction, or expanding the small Elves factions before adding in too many bonus fun units, especially from factions not on the map. It's a priority issue.
    Plus, there's tutorials on how to swap in units from other mods, so if anyone really wants units from somewhere else to be included, they can add them when the mod is out. We do have some exotic fun units in already, and I hope people are happy to see them, but making the game feel like Warhammer, both lore and tabletop, is more important than throwing in lots of wacky cool stuff.

Cathay, nippon, ind etc is just side stuff in warhammer. No army lists, no models etc.

They are just side, side, side fluff.

Dont waste time on those. Better to make Bretonnia awesome, campaign map good etc

Then as long as i got arabian troops it's fine ...
    and some Estalians "Diestros" with fancy hats and mustaches

ALSO!
    for the undead faction of Silvania , could the coven throne and the dead cart be in? :O
    Last edited by Flam; March 02, 2016 at 02:54 PM.

Then as long as i got arabian troops it's fine ...
    Already have some. And Albion. And Cathay. We've previewed some of this stuff, but it's fun to let people be surprised. There's more in the mod than what we're advertising.
    and some Estalians "Diestros" with fancy hats and mustaches
    Perhaps, if With Fire & Sword allows us to use the models, as you suggested. Otherwise, it's not a priority to model fancy hats and mustaches.

ALSO!
    for the undead faction of Silvania , could the coven throne and the dead cart be in? :O
    Those models are really cool, but I have no idea how we'd actually get them working properly in Medieval 2. They do have the Black Coach now, though.

Have the wood elves custom settlements? or witch factions don't have custom settlements?

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Will Beastmen be playable?
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Gents,

I am making some of the Building artwork for the mod - one of strategies I use is importing the unit banners and placing them in/around the buildings.

But I just now noticed that Pirazzo's Lost Legion and the Alcatani Pike Regiment uses the EXACT same banners.

So I was wondering if my wonderful Warhammer co-nerds can direct me to some alternative symbols for either unit - if so, please PM them to me.

Below is a teaser of some buildings I've already created - also viewable on the Moddb page located here:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...dings#imagebox

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

Edit: Ok so I found 2 pics for Pirazzo's Lost Legion here:
    http://imgur.com/7yQ9L & http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=64530.0

Can anyone find any close-up (preferably high-resolution) scans of the banner? Perhaps you gents have accounts at some Warhammer forums and could ask around there? I would SUPER be in your debt!!!!
    Last edited by Ajpav; March 02, 2016 at 07:16 PM. Reason: ideas were presented

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Ask and ye shall receive.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compañía_Alcatani.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	335168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m1251909_99110214031_ColWHPirazzoBoxMain_873x627.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	335169
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

thanks warl0rd13!

Yeah I think we're good on the Alcatani guys - but I noticed that the banner for Pirazzo's Lost Legion comes in the unit's box upon purchase - as a paper/sticker banner - can't find any up-close shots of it online - if anyone owns the models or has a buddy they can tap - I'd be super appreciative to get that symbol

Hey,

Uhm not sure if this has been asked befor but,would you consider adding ramps to some of the dwarfen holds/Empire Citys so it's possible to place Canons on the walls would come in quite handy for the dwarfs/Empire, It's quite a pain to deploy Canons in siege battles.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoIAutI View Post
    Hey,

Uhm not sure if this has been asked befor but,would you consider adding ramps to some of the dwarfen holds/Empire Citys so it's possible to place Canons on the walls would come in quite handy for the dwarfs/Empire, It's quite a pain to deploy Canons in siege battles.
    I feel the pathfinding would have to be overhauled for that, think of all the weird stuck units you get through normal siege play on/off the walls and imagine if it happened to a cannon.
    grapeshot and in the main street is how a real warrior deploys cannons