Page 36 of 156 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445466186136 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

I would never say enought how mutch i love you guys but im stoping for a sec to ask if the great unclean one is going to get a reduction on his speed. Right now is like a giant ball of pestilence rolling around at the speed of sound

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    I would never say enought how mutch i love you guys but im stoping for a sec to ask if the great unclean one is going to get a reduction on his speed. Right now is like a giant ball of pestilence rolling around at the speed of sound
    Nurgle : Don't. Stop. Me . NAAAAU!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    We're mostly focused on units from the official armybooks, and then anything else from official lore. Kislev had a few official armies, and most all of their units are already present. If we tried to include everything anyone made a model for or wrote a fan book on, Slaanesh's army would get the mod banned in 30 countries.
    I did only ask, its idea. This unit can be made, cuz models are in game(Im to bad at this to make my own, yet). Well looking how many cool units u add to all big faction, Kislev is left unchange. And I know, u cant add some big epic units, like Demigryph rider etc to Kislev, cuz they dont have them in Lore. But right now, Kislev army have units, that are not in Army Book. Well I did ask if u add some units, but from what I understand, you did not. Well ok, Kislev has few units in AB, and this wont change. And pls, dont get me wrong, mod look cool, and its badass, I just feel Kislev roster is boring. Regards.

@Merkava Witch units, cuz in 1.6 there is only 2H riders on Bears, It's not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ares355 View Post
    @Merkava Witch units, cuz in 1.6 there is only 2H riders on Bears, It's not the same.
    Fair enough, I just knew they had bear riders and assumed they had lances.

hey just finished up my 100 turns as wood elves, editing report now and will send via pm

Quote Originally Posted by ares355 View Post
    I did only ask, its idea. This unit can be made, cuz models are in game(Im to bad at this to make my own, yet). Well looking how many cool units u add to all big faction, Kislev is left unchange. And I know, u cant add some big epic units, like Demigryph rider etc to Kislev, cuz they dont have them in Lore. But right now, Kislev army have units, that are not in Army Book. Well I did ask if u add some units, but from what I understand, you did not. Well ok, Kislev has few units in AB, and this wont change. And pls, dont get me wrong, mod look cool, and its badass, I just feel Kislev roster is boring. Regards.

Kislev might get new or changed units eventually, it's just not the main priority right now, since we need to make the new factions more playable, and Kislev is already pretty strong. I don't want any faction to be boring, though. Maybe Kislev will get some new stuff eventually, but probably not by the first release, which is soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    Kislev might get new or changed units eventually, it's just not the main priority right now, since we need to make the new factions more playable, and Kislev is already pretty strong. I don't want any faction to be boring, though. Maybe Kislev will get some new stuff eventually, but probably not by the first release, which is soon.
    I know that for first public release there is no way to do it. You add Lizardman, Bretonnia, Ogres etc so they are more important, then Kislev. Keep up good work

Question: Do flying units get over walls?

What about adding a giant in Middenheim with 0 movement points to represent Thunderball??

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    What about adding a giant in Middenheim with 0 movement points to represent Thunderball??
    things get lovecraftian.
    Also i would like to add to my previous question if the vargulf is getting in the mod at any point. I belive that putting some kind of dragon wings on a slightly modified and darkened mournfang would be a good start.
    Last edited by logan93; March 25, 2016 at 02:06 PM.

Question: Do flying units get over walls?
    Not possible in the Medieval 2 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drorin View Post
    Not terribly likely, but you can always add him easily enough by going to descr_strat, finding the Middenheim garrison, and adding a Giant. Giants are mercenaries, so it'd have a texture, but maybe not a unit card.

Also i would like to add to my previous question if the vargulf is getting in the mod at any point. I belive that putting some kind of dragon wings on a slightly modified and darkened mournfang would be a good start.
    That probably wouldn't work very well, or at least would end up more complicated than that, but a Vargulf would be really cool.

So any ideas about this?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrgalon View Post
    Got a weird issue, installed the "Third age" lotr mod and now CoW:end times crashes when loading up old saves, new saves work just fine tho o.O

Heres the log file:

https://mega.nz/#!dRYGiYwI!Lhz_4_6ZLMttmDoxmA6bD5vMspi0qiLWDszgCuDgQvk
    Was planning on doing some more testing but its a bit of a pain due to this issue. It seems to have something to do with loading screens.
    Would just reinstall but lost the installation files and the link to them I was given doesn´t work anymore :/

No idea why or how Third Age would affect this mod. That log doesn't seem to have anything actually missing. I dunno. We're onto a newer version and making more changes, anyway, so testing on the old version isn't as helpful. Hopefully no strange issues like that happen with the full release.

Ok, would it be possible for me to get access to the newer version then?

soulcoughin's Avatar Foederatus

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

I would like to say that I am glad to see you carry the torch of the Old World onward. I have seen the evolution of Warhammer Fantasy from its early days to the present time. Through all the editions.
    Everything from collecting and following the gaming lore via manuals (no websites to gather the info), painting figurines for hundreds of hours, playing table top RPG Warhammer, not just with armies (yes it existed) reading the novels as they came out and finally being able to view the brilliance of seeing the world come to life on a PC. I feel the rich environment of Warhammer has surpassed its competition (sorry Gary 'RIP' Gygax) to the point that it is and will always be champion (minus the way AOR was handled, here's to hoping someone of power picks it up and goes with it). The only thing it lacks is movie cred (Tolkien), I refuse to give, AD&D cred because the movie was less than EPIC. So here we are in the making of a gem that marks the end of the Old World and the beginning of a new Age, The Age of Sigmar!

I am very excited to see the end product from you and the CA team. I will be an avid fan of both. So keep up the good work and by all means take the time needed to release a product that you are happy with.

P.S. - My response to the population/ tax issue and lore interference is this. A game is a game. If we wanted everything lore specific then we would read the novels to which we cannot manipulate. So we play them to some how change that point in Old World History do we not. Why not base the population off the province / state/ county/ parish/ territory/ and have this value reflected in the Capital or Major city/ town/ hamlet/ village/ hovel/ camp. Adding a few notes via the town UI to explain what additional towns add to this population, will help smooth over the explanation of the growth and size advancement. This is played out in a number of titles after Medieval 2 (I felt giving the title names was redundant since most of you would not be on this forum if you did not know TW, right). Give it a thought. Good luck!

A slight question about the Demigryphs for the empire, can all the empire factions hire them, or are they a unique unit to one province?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

There was a loading screen bug in CoW, it got to do with broken consecutive quote numbers (descr_transition_screen). The fix is in the second patch of my RodG version.

Flying units: they are not truly flying, merely elevated above the ground but still connected to it - think of it as riders without mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    There was a loading screen bug in CoW, it got to do with broken consecutive quote numbers (descr_transition_screen). The fix is in the second patch of my RodG version.

Flying units: they are not truly flying, merely elevated above the ground but still connected to it - think of it as riders without mount.
    does that mean they can be melee'd?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That should be possible, but I am not 100% sure in case they are above 'reach' of the attacking unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Could have sworn we fixed this. Might have been after the initial beta was sent out. I'll double check it anyway. Thanks for spotting it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarenor View Post
    does that mean they can be melee'd?
    The flyers we have only go airborne when they're running/charging, they have to land at all other times, including to attack, at which point they're as vulnerable to melee as anyone. Their special strength is that flying out of combat is much safer and quicker for them than other cavalry, who tend to get stuck in the middle of the big mass of troops and lose a few men before they can escape, but flying around too much has little benefit, since they can't attack and will only drain their stamina.