Page 93 of 156 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103118143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3114

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by logan93 View Post
    is there a hotfix for the nuln cannon bug?
    damn, Im happy Im not hallucinating, there is actually somethign with the nuln cannon. is it only the nuln great cannon I think the name was or also the rocket launcher and volleygun?

Sigvald looks really great on the campaign map, well done! the Dwarven ships look fantastic as well!

about the night goblins, how much are the big spiders supposed to move around? they look great with goblins shooting from the top, it's just that they don't seem to move around when I get close to them with missile cav circling around them and firing until they drop dead.

oh and I have an idea for the beautiful kislevite pathfinders, instead of only having them as a merc unit sometimes in a region, could they also be recruitable from the larger versions of markets? it would make sense if they came to town with something to trade that they might take an offer of being hired at the same time.
    ( btw. I have still only been able to recruit a unit of them if I restart the campaign and have them as present from the beginning as mercs for hire. they just don't show up in my first play through of kislev and I am checking everyturn! maybe someone else was sneaky and hired them and sent them away before I witnessed the crime )

Do you think that the script preventing Allies attacking one another is going to be put in as per "vanilla" COW1.6? Empire factions constantly keep backstabbing!

i just had a play around in the export_descr_buildings.txt file * noted that not all factions are listed as being able to build settlement expansions, poland for example - which is the fation name the dwarves use in the files - is excluded. I've added this in to the required factions list for all the expansions and all of my settlements that meet the prereqs for expansion are now building the upgraded walls.

for any of the mod owners - will this break anything within game? is it an oversight or intended for some reason such as not breaking custom settlements?

Pirates look and plays amazingly! and they also have great culinary skills to boot, good shot and will always target windows wherever they raid!

cathay mercs are really good at fighting I must say and they look good too!

there are a lot of special units I love to play around with and I just hope for more and more
    I was wondering, if you conquer a norscan settlement while playing as the chaos undivided or one of the other classic chaos factions, would it be possible to recruit all of the current norse units since you have bound them to your will and forced them to submit to chaos gods and killed everyone who worshipped other norse gods?

do not work

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Hey I think I found out why some battles crash, I think the game is trying to load pre-battle speeches but it can't find the data.

Here's the last of my crash log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:10:19.410 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit card data/ui/units/hungary/#Grave_guard_bodygard.tga
    17:10:22.032 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    17:10:22.284 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:10:22.286 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:10:23.376 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing
    17:10:23.376 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing
    17:10:23.451 [system.io] [warning] open: is missing
    17:10:23.487 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/broken_hive.cas is missing
    17:10:23.493 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/missile_ballista_wall_fire.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.493 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/explosive_flash.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.493 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/fire_dust_ground.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.494 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/explosive_flash.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.494 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/smoke_cloud_explosion.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.495 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/explosive_cloud.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.495 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/explosive_cloud_firey.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.496 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/explosive_flash.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.533 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/effects/nahptha_bomb.CAS is missing
    17:10:23.533 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/fly.cas is missing
    17:10:23.541 [system.io] [warning] open: data/battlefield/fire/cow_chunk_big.texture is missing
    17:10:23.573 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/texture/smoke4_dark.texture is missing
    17:10:23.576 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/cow_chunk_big.texture is missing
    17:10:23.581 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/banana_wire.texture is missing
    17:10:23.585 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/beehive_common.texture is missing
    17:10:23.598 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/greenlight.texture is missing
    17:10:23.598 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/hellcanon_ball.texture is missing
    17:10:23.599 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/textures/mangonel.texture is missing
    17:10:23.621 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:10:29.118 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_oil_effect.txt is missing
    17:10:29.118 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    17:10:30.365 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds is missing
    17:10:30.377 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:10:30.409 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt is missing
    17:10:30.413 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Quote Originally Posted by chilli beef View Post
    i just had a play around in the export_descr_buildings.txt file * noted that not all factions are listed as being able to build settlement expansions, poland for example - which is the fation name the dwarves use in the files - is excluded.
    Working as intended, Dwarfs shouldn't try to expand, they should try to get their Karaks back instead.

goblin doom divers are fun and the flying mechanics for units work really well and looks fantastic!
    I also noticed the armour upgrades actually gives soldiers armour, that is really awesome. I feel like my low tier spearmen can survive a lot more now and I do tend to test them a bit too much against certain units I want to hold in place, the spearmen don't really win those but they do buy me a lot of time with that armour!
    Last edited by Van; June 01, 2016 at 01:51 AM.

oelewapper's Avatar Libertus

hey guys,

firstly: amazing mod! I've already had such a blast playing this in the short time it's out! I've been playing COW for years, and I'm glad it now gets the looks and scale it deserves

Just one question though: as I'm rumbling around with the ogres, I really would love me some Rhinox awesomeness. Aren't they in yet, or would it be a faulty installation from my part?

Thanks for the amazing work!!

Domesticus

Congratulations to the whole team! Good job! Mod very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by stamstamstam View Post
    Working as intended, Dwarfs shouldn't try to expand, they should try to get their Karaks back instead.
    Thats a bit pants! No cav and now no expanding settlements! Surely you should be able to expand Karaks/ captured chaos dwarf castles? Really disappointed 😢

Quote Originally Posted by stamstamstam View Post
    also leads to constant squalor riots

Hello there!

First of all, this is really great mod and its really enjoyable to play it.

But, is there any chance to get stronger alliance and better diplomacy? Because none wants alliance with me, no matter if I give them gifts or something similiar... No crash for me for this few days.

Hi,

i have reinstall 6 times MD2 and the mod (exactly as in Admiral's Video) and it still crash during the other factions turn.

Last campaign it bugs 7 times at the same moment during Dwarfs' turn :

01:11:15.396 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24658 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.397 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Skavenblight_siege> = 0
    01:11:15.397 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24689 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.397 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Hell_Pit_siege> = 0
    01:11:15.397 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24720 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.397 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Putrid_Stump_siege> = 0
    01:11:15.398 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24751 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.398 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Black_Chasm_siege> = 0
    01:11:15.398 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24782 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.398 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Karaz_a_Karak_siege> = 0
    01:11:15.399 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24814 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.399 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Karak_Izor_siege> = 0
    01:11:15.399 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24846 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.399 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Zhufbar_siege> = 0
    01:11:15.399 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24878 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.400 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Karak_Hirn_siege> = 0
    01:11:15.400 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 24910 in mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:11:15.400 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <Karak_Kadrin_siege> = 0
    01:11:16.242 [system.rpt] [error] We've failed to prevent The End Times!

Also, when i try to launch a custom siege battle, whenever it try to settle the level of the fort it crashs.

01:38:48.734 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/world/maps/custom/Drakenwald/snapshot_custom.tga (from: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:38:48.740 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/menu/TEXTURES/FE_TEXTURE2.TGA,,not found
    01:38:48.740 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/menu/TEXTURES/FE_TEXTURE2.TGA,,not found
    01:38:48.741 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_1.pack,data/menu/TEXTURES/FE_TEXTURE2.TGA,262162
    01:38:48.741 [system.io] [info] open: found data/menu/TEXTURES/FE_TEXTURE2.TGA (from: packs/data_1.pack)
    01:38:48.741 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/menu/textures/fe_texture2.tga,,,262162
    01:38:48.742 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/menu/textures/fe_texture2.tga,,,-262162
    01:38:50.693 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/menu/battlefield_pics/Reikland.tga,149911
    01:38:50.693 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/menu/battlefield_pics/Reikland.tga (from: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:38:52.327 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/menu/battlefield_pics/Praag.tga,141477
    01:38:52.328 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/menu/battlefield_pics/Praag.tga (from: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:39:00.635 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/menu/battlefield_pics/Naggaroth.tga,153789
    01:39:00.635 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times/data/menu/battlefield_pics/Naggaroth.tga (from: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    01:39:05.255 [system.rpt] [error] We've failed to prevent The End Times!

Please help my poor lizardman to kick Chaos' ass.

Best,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by krle993 View Post
    Hello there!

First of all, this is really great mod and its really enjoyable to play it.

But, is there any chance to get stronger alliance and better diplomacy? Because none wants alliance with me, no matter if I give them gifts or something similiar... No crash for me for this few days.
    diplomacy was being worked on they said on an earlier page. I think it's the factions likelihood of choosing to be friend / foe with you lore wise over others.
    Last edited by Van; June 01, 2016 at 10:12 PM.

Icon12 Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times - Patch 1.01 RELEASED

Hi, long time watcher, first time poster.
    The mod is awesome and I am having loads of fun with it! Thank you all the devs from the bottom of my warp twisted hearth!

Here are a few bugs I have noticed, I skiped the faction symbol ones etc that you already know:

Night Goblin Generals and priests have ork voices.
    Chaos Dwarves have no priests.
    Vampires starting gold too low only 2000, impossible not to get bancruped...
    Tomb King units too loud.
    General in Nagashizzar human portrait, no name.
    Araby rebels have goblin portraits.
    Axe throwers kill Giants in a second.
    When I enter the Skaven campaign my FPS plummets...
    High Elf Maidens, I forget the name, are silver surfers on the battlefield.

Can't wait for an update, will try and find the time and do some 2D tweaks perhaps release it as a sub-sub mod.

P.S. I can't edit my post so will make a new one. Just wanted to say that Chaos Dwarves really need priests not just because of the gameplay but they are by them selves a religious priest faction, no sense in them not having priests.

I was looking at the pirate frigates and they have a very nice image, it's fitting for a pirate to have such a vessel! I was wondering if the dogs of war could get access to those frigates shown in the docks menu for sartosa when they are independent. I know they are the same in stats and description as reikland, but it would be so much fun to roam the waters with experienced pirates who had joined the dogs of war after loosing, not just with the smaller pirate ships, but the big ones too ( frigate being big in comparison )
    then they could really explore the waters and maybe even stand up to the raiding horrors from the north and naggaroths black ark menace. and raid the pirate coast of the undead

I will enjoy my double katana wielding kislevites, I get hope for more nippon whenever i see those weapons

I'm really looking forward to news and updates! I think this warhammer game could end up having it ALL! it's close already! EDIT - just took a loong look at your moddb page, a lot is going on !
    Last edited by Van; June 02, 2016 at 12:22 PM.

I see a lot of my favourite characters on moddb coming alive time to celebrate and clear the calender

the everqueen, hellebron and MORATHI, she (they) are going into my dungeon for unspeakable events!

Thank you so much guys ( and girls there are girls as well ) in the modding team, the bright hope for future gaming is being carried by real enthusiasts as you have proven.
    Last edited by Van; June 02, 2016 at 12:40 PM.