Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: The original thread

Default Re: COW: Beginning of The End Times

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    Well here is another WIP unit thats working pretty well.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    finally a big'un can be boss

How is it possible?Please share fantastic thing!!!!

This is truly a dream come true i was longing for a full old world map with the missing factions mainly brets kings and zids and one of my personal favourite skaven this will be an incredible end or begining(begining of end times lol bad pun) depending on which way you look at it to one of my favourite mods of all time.

Thank you guys so much for your hard work on this project and please stop teasing cant take much more.
    Also keep up the good work!
    Last edited by goblinking; January 22, 2016 at 03:29 PM.

This looks fantastic! The expanded races is a lot better than the CoW, which has some 14 or so Empire factions, with seemingly little variation (from what I've seen/played). The fact you're including chariots gets a big +1 from me!

The last time I played was 16 years ago (5th edition), so I'm not sure how much has changed, but I played as predominantly wood elves, and I was wondering if they still receive bonuses in forests, and if so, will something like that be a feature in this mod? I don't know how much has changed since back then.

So I've read through this thread, but I couldn't see a link to download this. There's the minor patch in post #86, and as well as the two files in post #1, but they look a little small for something of this scale. Have I missed something, or is this not publicly available yet in its current form? I wouldn't mind giving it a try (despite it not being 100% complete), even if just to be a tester.

Yea until we set up the woodelves as a faction, for now (so we can actually release something) they will be part of the high elves with limited recruitment in athel loren to only woodelf troops. This actually works out pretty well in game as you only see woodelves in athel loren. Soon we will have the faction set up as its own but IDK when. We will have a link up soon, we still need to button everything up and balance the 40+ units we have added as most stats are copy paste from other units. But we are making progress once we get it to a point its fun and the campaign maps filled in we will release something(even tho there will be tons more to do) Just so you guys can scratch that itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    It will be really a tragedy if the Ogre Kigdoms are'nt a playable faction, after seeing that Ogres with a hand cannon and the Ninja Maneaters, there isn't way back...
    Good luck!
    They will be eventually, they're just not done enough to be happy with, yet. Pretty close, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zync View Post
    The last time I played was 16 years ago (5th edition), so I'm not sure how much has changed, but I played as predominantly wood elves, and I was wondering if they still receive bonuses in forests, and if so, will something like that be a feature in this mod? I don't know how much has changed since back then.
    The Wood Elves units will definitely be given bonuses for fighting in forests, and probably most if not all given the ability to hide in the forest. Athel Loren is also pretty much all forest, so expect a lot of ambush opportunities against invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zync View Post
    So I've read through this thread, but I couldn't see a link to download this. There's the minor patch in post #86, and as well as the two files in post #1, but they look a little small for something of this scale. Have I missed something, or is this not publicly available yet in its current form? I wouldn't mind giving it a try (despite it not being 100% complete), even if just to be a tester.
    I just went through and deleted all of the old links and attachments to avoid confusion. The big red COMING SOON is what to make note of for now.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Cathay or Nippon? Are they playable?

Quote Originally Posted by The Triumph of Rome View Post
    Cathay or Nippon? Are they playable?
    The map to the East ends just before the Mountains of Mourne, and to the West we've snuck in half of Ulthuan and a bit of Lustria and Naggaroth, so Cathay and Nippon (And Ind) are still on the opposite side of the world, so they'd have no presence. We do have Clan Eshin Skaven, but barring perhaps at most a Dogs of War mercenary unit with a couple model variant shoutouts, there'd have no place to be in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    The map to the East ends just before the Mountains of Mourne, and to the West we've snuck in half of Ulthuan and a bit of Lustria and Naggaroth, so Cathay and Nippon (And Ind) are still on the opposite side of the world, so they'd have no presence. We do have Clan Eshin Skaven, but barring perhaps at most a Dogs of War mercenary unit with a couple model variant shoutouts, there'd have no place to be in the game.
    I would be willing to test this for you if you like. It'd really boost your numbers if you can get this out like 2 monts before WTW's release as an alpha release, but obviously I know that may not be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    I would be willing to test this for you if you like. It'd really boost your numbers if you can get this out like 2 monts before WTW's release as an alpha release, but obviously I know that may not be realistic.
    Sometime before WTW is a goal, at least for an initial version. We're getting close to a playable beta, though, and will definitely need testing soon.

Sometime before WTW is a goal, at least for an initial version. We're getting close to a playable beta, though, and will definitely need testing soon.

I also would like to volunteer if and when you looking for beta testers PM me and ill happily beta test for you guys thanks.

I'm also excited to announce that our soundtrack has been redone by jimbomen95. Some factions, like Tomb Kings and Lizardmen, have totally new and more appropriate music, while some, such as the Empire factions, have retained about half of their old music and gained more. Expect a fresh Call of Warhammer feel.

And here's a preview of the main menu:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Cant you just remove some empire factions at least? Those limits could be used on better factions. What use is there for hochland, wissenland? They would also look silly with only one province in a huge map. I think empire can be represented with fewer counties. You can use them on araby, tilea, estalia, ogres etc. I mean none of these factions are united kingdoms. But you dont have to put 5 different tilea factions.

Also will this require call of warhammer or will it be like age of petty kings mod?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

May I make a request? Pls dont remove the original main menu theme song. That song is epic!

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Cant you just remove some empire factions at least? Those limits could be used on better factions. What use is there for hochland, wissenland? They would also look silly with only one province in a huge map. I think empire can be represented with fewer counties. You can use them on araby, tilea, estalia, ogres etc. I mean none of these factions are united kingdoms. But you dont have to put 5 different tilea factions.

Also will this require call of warhammer or will it be like age of petty kings mod?
    We're doing a pretty good job of squeezing everything in while keeping all the Empire factions, so far. They have reduced settlements, but all the Empire factions are still there. They don't look too silly on the huge map, IMO.

And it's a standalone, just drop it into your mod folder.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    May I make a request? Pls dont remove the original main menu theme song. That song is epic!
    Too late, haha. I liked that song, too, but the change is good, I think. I hope you end up agreeing.

No, empire factions will stay how they are. They all start with 3 provinces at least. That's just how its going to be, they need everyone to defend against the chaos and orc attacks. Making tilea, araby and estalia is not practial as they dont have many official units and in the lore they get pretty wiped out in the end times. But araby now has some faction specific units now that can be recruited if you choose to take araby( I want to make more I really like araby). We tweaked the rebel AI so they are not stale anymore and will act like factions. You guys will like how its setup, also keep in mind we need this out soon, before TW warhammer. Also we are trying to pay some homage to the original mod team who has spent what like almost 10 years working on this. We want to make changes without undoing all there hard work over the years. But who knows what the future might hold, maybe we will see a mod that focuses on those races in the future who knows. And yea sorry the menu music changed but its nice not having a heart attack everytime I start the mod now, lol.

In my opinion, there are two empire factions that have little importance in terms of army and gameplay, Talabecland and Hochland, just one or two different units from the other factions, and not so dangerous position in the map. I remember starting a campaign with Hochland and for many turns my only concern where the Beastmen. Just one opinion, keep up the excelent work!

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

We're doing a pretty good job of squeezing everything in while keeping all the Empire factions, so far. They have reduced settlements, but all the Empire factions are still there. They don't look too silly on the huge map, IMO.

And it's a standalone, just drop it into your mod folder.

Too late, haha. I liked that song, too, but the change is good, I think. I hope you end up agreeing.
    But a big part of the map just looks empty. Can't you at least combine them, maybe? For example reikland and wissenland becomes one faction. Stirland joins averland. Hochland joins middenland or ostland etc.. They would be more powerful that way.

How would they defend better if they are a small faction? They would just be wiped out easily and you would be missing a better faction. Also empire factions are just identical to each other. Having more choices may be more fun. That way wood elves may be its own faction. As i know in sundering mod avelorn had some treant units, you can use them for this. Its better than high elves controlling it.

But a big part of the map just looks empty. Can't you at least combine them, maybe? For example reikland and wissenland becomes one faction. Stirland joins averland. Hochland joins middenland or ostland etc.. They would be more powerful that way.

How would they defend better if they are a small faction? They would just be wiped out easily and you would be missing a better faction. Also empire factions are just identical to each other. Having more choices may be more fun. That way wood elves may be its own faction. As i know in sundering mod avelorn had some treant units, you can use them for this. Its better than high elves controlling it.
    I must disagree, why combine factions when you can arguably say that of ALL empire factions. the smaller factions help flavour. and I especially enjoy crushing them one by one as an enemy faction.

my good sir, you are definetly making my day.
    I swear to the 4 true gods, if i even see either a varghul a terrorgheist/zombie dragon or a chaos lord on a manticore/dragon this will be my total assdamngodsfreakindamnitspankmeandcallmesusan favourite mod for M2TW, even more than stainless steel

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    In my opinion, there are two empire factions that have little importance in terms of army and gameplay, Talabecland and Hochland, just one or two different units from the other factions, and not so dangerous position in the map. I remember starting a campaign with Hochland and for many turns my only concern where the Beastmen. Just one opinion, keep up the excelent work!
    Hochland shouldn't be as boring, this time around. You'll have more to do than sit there waiting for Chaos to pop up and attack your neighbors.

Keep in mind that just because those areas are rebel, that doesn't mean they're empty. They're not, they just aren't playable factions. I'm wary of merging Empire factions because it's against the lore to merge them into a smaller number of conjoined factions, and though it'd be more lore friendly to make them a single faction, they'd end up with a single color palette. "The Empire" doesn't mean just Reikland, despite what Total War: Warhammer might tell us.

And you guys should know that we're much more pressed by needing to cut units than needing to merge the Empire to fill everything in better, and I want to avoid cutting other peoples' work as much as possible.

And Wood Elves are going to end up their own faction at some point, we just haven't gotten that done yet.
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; January 25, 2016 at 07:02 AM.