Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Byzantium Reskin

Default Byzantium Reskin

Hi, im working actually on a reskin of Eastern Roman Empire for DLV and a stand alone version for all modders

I use:
    - KOMNENIAN ROMAN AND KHWARAZMIAN UNITS
    - Rusichi Total War
    - Broken Crescent

thx to their team.

I will post here some picts of the advancements, dont hesitate to advice and help me in historical research

Here is the Emperor and his heir

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Byzantium Reskin

I'm assuming you got permission from Caudillo? I really like the later-period scoutatoi with the chain mail. Keep up the good work!

If you finish this and make this available for other mods, I will love you forever and ever and devote a religion to you and your epic glory
    Last edited by b257; September 04, 2014 at 09:47 PM.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Please finish this mod, i will reinstall DLV if you do!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    If you finish this and make this available for other mods, I will love you forever and ever and devote a religion to you and your epic glory
    if caudillo agree and i think he will i will let comunity to use my work freely, that was always my view of modding.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Fantastic that finally someone very talented 'rescues' the Eastern Roman Empire in DLV
    The CBUR skins are totally outdated. They were nice in 2007, but since then DBM, EOR and EB II have upped the ante. I got to the point where I simply couldn't enjoy East Rome anymore because of the visual appearance of the units.

Huge thanks mate.

those units are looking very good,keep up the good work

That Acritae looks epic, plus rep

Acritae with leather armor

Whoah, that looks awesome, can't wait to see your version of the cataphract and mourtatoi plus rep

Edit: need to spread some rep
    Last edited by b257; September 06, 2014 at 05:57 PM.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Great work Arthalion! You should be carefull though and not fall into caudillos' unit trap ( since they are made for a different than dlv time era ) and have all units well equipt. The armor that acritaes wearing in the pictures (lammelar etc ) was common only for more "profetional" troops. Acritaes for instance were ( the majority at least ) ill - equipted. In fact, the most native-eastern roman empire units were ill- equipted in that era. Just a suggestion, dont take it into full credit keep it up! + rep

thx to give me some hisctorical advices but this armor is not lammelar but studded leather on padded armor.
    So you suggest acritae begin only with a simple padded armors like acontisae, toxotae and contaratoi ?( however i saw some illustration where they wair leathers) If yes i will keep this armor for early scoutatoi

Your skills are great my friend. These units are ones of the best of MTW2.
    + rep

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    thx to give me some hisctorical advices but this armor is not lammelar but studded leather on padded armor.
    So you suggest acritae begin only with a simple padded armors like acontisae, toxotae and contaratoi ?( however i saw some illustration where they wair leathers) If yes i will keep this armor for early scoutatoi
    what about have them begin with simple padded armor and then upgrade to studded leather on padded armor
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

new early sword skutatoi with leather lamellar armor :

croater's Avatar Foederatus

Awesome, i just cant whait to see varangians and emperors guard. My advice is to made varangians similar to those from Bellum Crucis 6.3 mod,with one handed axe and shield and with half opened helmets that cover only their eyes or with chainmail over their mouth, that mod have definetely the best byzantine roster i seen even better then Broken Crescent. It would not be bad to introduce 2 different swordmsen units (just like pronoia and scoutatoi swordsmen from CBUR). But this work that you done already and amount of detail is amazing. Keep up the good work!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast