Thread: EB II Multiplayer | In search for more balanced maps (a small favor asked to campaign players )

Default EB II Multiplayer | In search for more balanced maps (a small favor asked to campaign players )

We definitely need more balanced maps for multiplayer. I can add new ones in EBII/data/custom_locations file but I need to discover them on the campaign map so I have a small request for the SP campaign guys:

Whenever you fight a battle on the campaign map, if the terrain can guarantee fair starting positions for the two players with minimal trees ( flat or equable spread small mounds etc.) open the console ( for desktop Keyboards that would be the "~" key ) point the cursor over your army, type show_cursorstat and hit Enter and give me the position and region id as shown in the screenshot.

Additionally if you happen to know, you can give others details such: the near city, the mountains, the river, the coast of a certain sea etc.

Provide some screenshots with the battle map as well !

Thanks!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Kranos; November 05, 2014 at 12:59 PM.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | Help needed to find more balanced maps

The terrain even dont have to be flat, but has to guarantee fair starting positions for the two players.

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | Help needed to find more balanced maps

good point, if the terain has small mounds for ex but they are equable spead on the map so that it doesnt benefit to any of the two players its a proper one.
    Last edited by Kranos; September 04, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | A small favor asked to campaign players in search for more balanced maps

posted a screenshot on how to do it

Default Re: EB II Multiplayer | A small favor asked to campaign players in search for more balanced maps

pos 114,184, region id 88 (Landadexsiuo Boioi)

-- just as an example. I thought this was fairly even for both sides, as in there were slight mounds for both starting positions and a valley in between. But it may not be the best. There were trees but more in the rear.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

It would be better if you give the coordinates AND a screenshot.

Yeah I should ask that small favor too

It looks pretty umbalanced for me. Sorry ! Pls help us with other locations and posting some screenshots would be ideal

okay, i have three maps for you, first one would be: 105/214 second one: 97/235 third one: 49/256 (i edited this one a bit so you cant hide units in that little forest anymore, drop this file: https://mega.co.nz/#!iY1CVI7J!ZSpuFe...Asct7lYd07KmAw into your EBII\data\world\maps\custom, the three pics inside this folder can be used for custom battle selection menu)

thnak you! I need the province name tough.
    Last edited by Kranos; September 07, 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Here's one from the Mesopotamia province (region id 146):

Code:
    custom_location        Mesopotamia 
    {    location        318    125
        image            data/menu/latium.tga
        sett_locked        no
        summer            no
    }

The Latium thumbnail was added as a placeholder, I don't know what the game would do if there would be none.
    I found it relatively flat, but both armies can start their deployment on a slight incline.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mesopotamia1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	391.0 KB 
ID:	313650Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mesapotamia2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	378.7 KB 
ID:	313651
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

great thnaks Ill check it.

Thumbnails arent necesarry, there could be none or you can use the existing one grom the previosu cutom location entry. Ill add them myself. its very simple. Just take a representative screenshot, crop it to the given dimensions of the others tgas in data/menu save it as .tga and place it in the same location.
    Last edited by Kranos; September 09, 2014 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    greta thnaks Ill check it. You should have posted soem screenshots too.
    Didn't I?
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

oh I tought that was the thumbnail sorry

Ok, I think I've found a few other ones, but I'm gonna need some help on deciding whether they're balanced or not.

1: Probably the most useful one, imo. A battlefield on the Emerald Isle. Features a hill running across the map in such a way that both players get access to it. There's some light forest, but nothing obscuring your view too much.
    Spoiler for Code
    Code:
    custom_location        Iuerion
    {
        location        52    260
        sett_locked        no
        summer            no
    }
    Spoiler for Images

Name:	Hibernia1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	284.6 KB 
ID:	313764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hibernia3.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	313763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hibernia4.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	425.4 KB 
ID:	313762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hibernia2.jpg 
Size:	319.8 KB 
ID:	313765

2: A very densely forested map in the province of Syria kai Phoenike (province id 172). It seems the map has both players start on a small hill, but it's rather difficult to judge with all the trees. And those trees might pose a large challenge on their own as well.
    Spoiler for Code
    Code:
    custom_location        Syria kai Phoinike
    {
        location        261    117
        sett_locked        no
        summer            no
    }
    Spoiler for Images

Name:	Syria1.jpg 
Size:	495.7 KB 
ID:	313761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Syria2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	454.7 KB 
ID:	313760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Syria3.jpg 
Size:	439.6 KB 
ID:	313759

3: Finally, a flatland map in the Tarim Basin. It has one giant hill sloping the entire battlefield. Both players get equal access, but for the top, which is a slight advantage for one player (this is where the balancing judgement comes in). The map is empty, but for some scrubs and might be fun for a steppe army clash.
    Spoiler for Code
    Code:
    custom_location        Tarim Basin
    {
        location        500    243
        sett_locked        no
        summer            no
    }
    Spoiler for Images

Name:	Tarim3.jpg 
Size:	252.6 KB 
ID:	313758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarim1.jpg 
Size:	311.2 KB 
ID:	313757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarim2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	261.0 KB 
ID:	313756

Again, the Latium pics are intended as placeholders. The other maps I found are probably too arcady, so I won't post them here.

My thanks in advance.

hmmm...keeep searching ( they dont have the proper conditions for a balanced or even for a good performance battle)

We already have 2 desert custom maps plus the exiting default one that is more than balanced so for now no desert maps needed.

thanks keep searching