Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    I wonder if there's a full list of dynamic settlement names?
    See 9. Settlement Name Changes in the campaign_script.

@Simpelicity You may want to remove the disclaimers about a battle condition requiring you to be the attacker, both armies having FMs, and the battle taking place in the open field. I've achieved the Pontos Imperial reforms grinding victories against leaderless Bosporan mini-stacks, with a few victories contributed by siege relief/sally battles. They totaled exactly 10 and the reforms happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    @Simpelicity You may want to remove the disclaimers about a battle condition requiring you to be the attacker, both armies having FMs, and the battle taking place in the open field. I've achieved the Pontos Imperial reforms grinding victories against leaderless Bosporan mini-stacks, with a few victories contributed by siege relief/sally battles. They totaled exactly 10 and the reforms happened.
    This is good to hear, I play pontos a lot, and i do not like to powerstack by beating 10 armies in a row

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    This is good to hear, I play pontos a lot, and i do not like to powerstack by beating 10 armies in a row
    Yeah, I'm also a little confused by the 10 battle requirement against Hellenistic factions. Maybe the battles will help Pontus gain international fame as an imperial power capable of standing toe-to-toe with Alexander's successors. Still, that doesn't really make sense due to two factors:

1. Pontos' historical rise to power was highlighted by its brutal wars against Rome. Now, Pontos did squabble against the Ptolemies and later the Bosporans, but never in an all-out war that would be simulated by requiring 10+ battles against the Hellenes in EBII.

2. Picking fights against the superpowers of the Seleucids and Ptolemies, and the kingdoms of Pergamon and the Antigonid dynasty, all of whom have better things to do, would earn you international condemnation, not international fame!

I have problems to get Makedonian Kingship. I have build all requested buildings and killed Pyrrhos in personal combat. I even conquered all rebel spawning lands. The only reason that comes to my mind would be that Pyrrhos was factionless at the moment i killed him because all his lands were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by joh View Post
    I have problems to get Makedonian Kingship. I have build all requested buildings and killed Pyrrhos in personal combat. I even conquered all rebel spawning lands. The only reason that comes to my mind would be that Pyrrhos was factionless at the moment i killed him because all his lands were gone.
    You also need to have built:

1. Gift Estates (level 3 farms)
    2. Strategic Fortifications (level 1 road garrison)
    3. Port Garrison (level 1 port garrison)
    4. Repair the Mines

It's possible that you haven't built one of these buildings yet. I'm assuming it's the Port Garrison, since most players probably don't build the pre-requisite level 2 ports in Pella

Thank you for the answer but i built and repaired everything that's mentioned in the players guide. I even built waystations and garrisons and irrigation system because this was a requirement some patches ago. If the reform works for other people my only explanation would be, that pyrrhos was rebel the time i killed him and would love to have a confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by joh View Post
    Thank you for the answer but i built and repaired everything that's mentioned in the players guide. I even built waystations and garrisons and irrigation system because this was a requirement some patches ago. If the reform works for other people my only explanation would be, that pyrrhos was rebel the time i killed him and would love to have a confirmation.
    Joh, I have achieved the reforms before while Pyrrhus was a rebel, so I don't think that's going to cause an issue. I'd validate the campaign_script and ensure the Makedonian section is correct in case something happened during installation or if you accidentally blocked a trigger while modding (just making guesses here). If you have built all the correct buildings, then I recommend destroying one of the fort or road garrisons and rebuilding it to see if that triggers the reform.

Laetus

Polis ton en Ellinon Koinou, the last goverment building for the KH, is a uselles one. It deteriorates public order AND the economics, with no advantage notable. Or at least not one I can see. It sould had no PO penalty, or at least a much smaller penalty than the bonus. Alternatively, it sould give great economical bonuses, or have the possibility to evovle to smth better.

I am not playing the last version, I sould say that

Quote Originally Posted by lilipouas View Post
    Polis ton en Ellinon Koinou, the last goverment building for the KH, is a uselles one. It deteriorates public order AND the economics, with no advantage notable. Or at least not one I can see. It sould had no PO penalty, or at least a much smaller penalty than the bonus. Alternatively, it sould give great economical bonuses, or have the possibility to evovle to smth better.

I am not playing the last version, I sould say that
    It provides recruitment equivalent to having a 2nd tier Hellenistic colony and access to all the infrastructure options KH can build.