Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 844

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

  1. #781

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Deleted
    Last edited by Seimour; February 24, 2018 at 01:25 PM.
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

  2. #782

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
    Wasn't sure about that, so I did another test campaign. Before attacking a Galatian army I checked that they had at least 12 units (most of the time I added some units to the army by using
    Code:
    create_unit
    ).
    After about 8 battles in Galatia there was still no Galatian invasion.
    And you fought all those battles on the battlemap? Auto-calc'd battles don't count towards anything with a "number of battles" trigger, because it requires an export from the battle map.

    Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    in my campaign (arverni) i'm qualifying for the celtic twilight trigger as written in the first post in this thread - but it's not happening. anything missing in the first post?
    Is it 162BC or later?

  3. #783

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Playing as Hayasadan, Took two cities and won 6 battles, offered truce - declined. Next turn, offered truce again, declined again - immediate outbreak of peace. Got a note advising that was now a kingdom and some new troops available but "Nstavayry Ishkhanutyan" not able to be built. Had all surrounding provinces and 9 provinces total.

    After a few turns of peace I was ejected from one of my captured Seleucid towns (Antioch) by the rebellious populous and war resumed... I then retook Antioch and one other town and the "Nstavayry Ishkhanutyan" bacame available. My FL had authority 8 then so I'm not sure if that caused the change.
    Regards
    P.
    Last edited by Porphyrogenita; April 25, 2018 at 03:59 AM.

  4. #784

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    And you fought all those battles on the battlemap? Auto-calc'd battles don't count towards anything with a "number of battles" trigger, because it requires an export from the battle map.
    I see. No, I auto-calced the battles. Will try to fight on a battlemap and report back, if the reform still won't trigger.

  5. #785

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    I was about to post this message about Saba reform, seeing as I'd spent hours of contemplation and rigorous testing:

    "I have to admit I am a bit perplexed about Saba reforms in 2.3. First I've sent family members (both with and without Malk Saba trait) to Ethiopia and North Arabia (i.e. outside South Arabia as instructed in player guide pdf file), each of the settlements in question has Bondsmen of the King government, and since that did not trigger anything, I checked the requirements from older versions and let Eastern Tribal States culture drop below 30% in Maryab and Shabwat. No reform either way. I think I'm missing something crucial here, turn number is 291 by now."

    As I was writing this while playing I then sent the Faction Leader to Maryab to test things out and when I ended the turn (Eastern Tribal staying below 30% afterwards) the reform occurred. The question is, is the Faction Leader (or any other FM with Malk Saba trait) the key here? Or was this just a coincidence?

  6. #786

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    "They have to be fought on the battlemap to be counted."

    RIP, all of us, autoresolvers.

  7. #787

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Priest View Post
    "They have to be fought on the battlemap to be counted."

    RIP, all of us, autoresolvers.
    Not something we can do anything about; the counters involved have to be exported from the battlemap.

  8. #788
    Marvzilla's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North-Rhine Westphalia,Germany.
    Posts
    1,043

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Question about the events that happen to most factions now, in this case Koinon Hellenon: For some there are clear triggers and requirements, but I am uncertain about some. For me particulary the event where it more or less says it would be a great next step to kill Pyrrhus, which I couldnt, are there consequences for this ? Same goes for the other events which seem to trigger due to date, I cant see their effects everytime for example when I start to stamp my wares.

  9. #789

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Question about the events that happen to most factions now, in this case Koinon Hellenon: For some there are clear triggers and requirements, but I am uncertain about some. For me particulary the event where it more or less says it would be a great next step to kill Pyrrhus, which I couldnt, are there consequences for this ? Same goes for the other events which seem to trigger due to date, I cant see their effects everytime for example when I start to stamp my wares.
    I've just updated the reform requirements for KH - you don't need to gather the Archons in Korinthos any more.

    There's no script-linked events for KH and Pyrrhos, that's all about Makedonia and Epeiros.

  10. #790

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    How do I become Eastern Imperial as Hayastan? I've already united the Caucasus, built that special building, become independent, reached 15 settlements (14 cities & 1 camp), and have an FL with 7 authority (in that order). According to the guide that should've unlocked everything by now.

    EDIT: Nevermind, turned out I still needed to take Antioch. Which I did, and now I'm Eastern Imperial. Shame I can't get rid of Polis buildings though.
    Last edited by Ivir Baggins; August 02, 2018 at 04:27 PM.

  11. #791

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Quote Originally Posted by KartsaPerkele View Post
    I was about to post this message about Saba reform, seeing as I'd spent hours of contemplation and rigorous testing:

    "I have to admit I am a bit perplexed about Saba reforms in 2.3. First I've sent family members (both with and without Malk Saba trait) to Ethiopia and North Arabia (i.e. outside South Arabia as instructed in player guide pdf file), each of the settlements in question has Bondsmen of the King government, and since that did not trigger anything, I checked the requirements from older versions and let Eastern Tribal States culture drop below 30% in Maryab and Shabwat. No reform either way. I think I'm missing something crucial here, turn number is 291 by now."

    As I was writing this while playing I then sent the Faction Leader to Maryab to test things out and when I ended the turn (Eastern Tribal staying below 30% afterwards) the reform occurred. The question is, is the Faction Leader (or any other FM with Malk Saba trait) the key here? Or was this just a coincidence?
    Ugh. Unfortunately, it appears the v2.3 code means the reform can ONLY be triggered in Maryab (the only settlement which meets the distance requirement). Which is nonsense, because it means you can't keep your FMs in the capital city until after the Reform. We're discussing this internally and should have it fixed in v2.35
    EBII Council

  12. #792

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    The Taxhila heavy cavalry reform seems quite strict, it only happens after fighting 5 major battles against Saka heavy cavalry.... What if Saka was pummeled to the ground before then Can't the Taxhila learn from another cavalry faction like Parthia....

  13. #793

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Quote Originally Posted by tentaku View Post
    The Taxhila heavy cavalry reform seems quite strict, it only happens after fighting 5 major battles against Saka heavy cavalry.... What if Saka was pummeled to the ground before then Can't the Taxhila learn from another cavalry faction like Parthia....
    Any barded cavalry will do, not just the Saka. Hellenistic Cataphracts, or Parthian ones will do.

  14. #794

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Why is it only triggered by fighting agaisnt barded cavalry if the unit gained by it is (lancers) is not barded or even that heavy?

  15. #795

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    Why is it only triggered by fighting agaisnt barded cavalry if the unit gained by it is (lancers) is not barded or even that heavy?
    Because it takes seeing the impact of truly heavy cavalry to demonstrate their value over chariots. There's a heavier cavalry unit still to come, which is also unlocked by that reform.

  16. #796

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Makes sense, thank you for the answer.

    Btw, what unlocks the cataphracts for the Baktrians, thorakitai reform?

  17. #797

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Yes, ThorakitaiReform (and either Basilike Patris or helcol_three).

  18. #798

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    So, questions about SPQR reforms and how they impact recruitment by non-Romans. I think I have a grasp of how things work, but I just want to make sure that the following is how the system works:

    -If I (as Macedon) conquer Italy before Rome has undergone the Polybian Reforms, I'll have access to the various Italic regional units (Remunerated Spearmen, Etruscan Hoplites, Umbro-Picenian Warriors, etc.) through the usual means (native colony, allied govs, merc pools)
    -If Rome then undergoes the Polybian Reforms (via the AI fallback on turn 249), I'll lose access to the Italic regionals and most of the heavy infantry will be replaced with the Cohors Sociorum.
    -If I destroy the SPQR faction before turn 249, I'll keep access to the Italic regionals, but never gain access to the Polybian Italic units.
    -If I then allow the SPQR to survive to 107 B.C. (the Marian fallback event), then all the Italic regionals will be disabled.
    -If I destroy the SPQR faction before 107 B.C., but after turn 249, I'll keep access to the Polybian regionals.

    Does that basically cover it, or am I missing something (like the reforms happening even if SPQR is destroyed)? If the Marian Reforms do trigger, what happens to non-factional recruitment in Italy for non-Romans? Do they get access to limited quantities of Marian troops? Do they keep access to the Polybian regionals?

    I'd like to figure out when to conquer Italy/Carthage: I've already seen late Lybians running around, so I don't have to worry about the Carthaginian Panoply reform (and IIRC, the Barcis reform just impacts their governments, not their units, so I don't care about that one), but I'm not sure how important it is to kill off Rome (as a faction) quickly, or if it's safe to leave them around on Corsica or something.

  19. #799

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    As it currently stands, it doesn't matter whether the Romans are alive or not, both reforms will happen eventually. There's a date-triggered "fallback" should they not fire for some reason. I think I'll make the Marian reform conditional upon the Romans existing, though, it's very particular to them.

  20. #800

    Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

    Thanks for the clarification.

    That actually makes my decision easier now that I know there's no real difference between killing off SPQR or letting them live. So, I should expect my Italian recruitment to shift over to Polybian units around 210 B.C. and most of my Italian recruitment to disappear circa 107 B.C.?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •