Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.2b

When playing Taksashila, If I dont defeat 4 Mauryan armies and own 7 settlements before turn 170 will it be impossible to ever achieve independence reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    When playing Taksashila, If I dont defeat 4 Mauryan armies and own 7 settlements before turn 170 will it be impossible to ever achieve independence reforms?
    Hmmm, there's no fallback for independence (which is a pre-requisite for military reform).

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Hmmm, there's no fallback for independence (which is a pre-requisite for military reform).
    Oh, I gess I'll have to reload from a old save then : I refused to pay tribute in turn 160 and by 170 only 3 Mauryan armies had spawned.

Btw, if the player rebels in the early game will he have to fight Maurian stacks all the time until turn 170 (even if achieves the requisites for Independence much earlier) or the invasion also stops as Taksashila is recognised as an independent empire?

It stops after three invasions, so putting it off doesn't aid you in that respect.

I should add, there's no time sensetivity to the military reform. If you don't gain independence until turn 300, the various counters will start from then. The requirement for the ThorakitaiReform just prevents it happening too early.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; January 27, 2017 at 09:23 AM.

How to get Hellenistic Poleis? I'm playing as Malkuna Nabatu and I'm trying for second reform. I have after ThorakitaiReform, settlements with three large markets and philhellene leader but I can't still build it. I have defeated Seleucids, but they have only one "Hellenistic polis" in Seleukea. Do I have to invade Greece?

Also, I think it is a bit too many requirements for reform. It not like I need it anymore, I just want to see what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    How to get Hellenistic Poleis? I'm playing as Malkuna Nabatu and I'm trying for second reform. I have after ThorakitaiReform, settlements with three large markets and philhellene leader but I can't still build it. I have defeated Seleucids, but they have only one "Hellenistic polis" in Seleukea. Do I have to invade Greece?

Also, I think it is a bit too many requirements for reform. It not like I need it anymore, I just want to see what I can get.
    You can't build them as Nabatu, only Hellenistic factions can. You have to find settlements that have them.

Nearby you have Antiocheia, Alexandreia, Memphis. The AI may have built more in the time being, or upgraded smaller ones into larger.

The requirements may seem though (and they are), but the reward is even greater. You will become overpowered, actually. Pretty much unstoppable.

You can't build them as Nabatu, only Hellenistic factions can. You have to find settlements that have them.

Nearby you have Antiocheia, Alexandreia, Memphis. The AI may have built more in the time being, or upgraded smaller ones into larger.
    Hurray! I never captured Alexandreia and Memphis as Carthaginians, my former allies have them.I was quick playing around 80 turns to grow my homeland settlement to large cities as I though I could upgrade those Hellenistic military settlements into Hellenistic Poleis or something like that.

The pergamon reform event seems to be broken atm. I got the event telling me I was now a king but 120 turns later I can still not build a Basilike Patris. I've tried cheating to win more battles and build all the buildings in Pergamon but it changed nothing. Is there something I am missing? I got the event after beating 3 Seleucid stacks.
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

Quote Originally Posted by Seimour View Post
    The pergamon reform event seems to be broken atm. I got the event telling me I was now a king but 120 turns later I can still not build a Basilike Patris. I've tried cheating to win more battles and build all the buildings in Pergamon but it changed nothing. Is there something I am missing? I got the event after beating 3 Seleucid stacks.
    Cheating to win battles won't work, since those triggers require them to be played on the battle map.

Do you own Pergamon, Sardis, Ipsos and Ankyra?

Cheating to win battles won't work, since those triggers require them to be played on the battle map.

I own all of Anatolia and Pella(Which should technically make me eligible for Macedonian kingship if such a mechanic existed). As I said, I got the event telling me I had become King after winning 2 battles against the Seleucids and 1 against a stack of rebels in Ankyra. Is there another event after the first one? Otherwise I cant see what else I should be doing.
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

I own all of Anatolia and Pella(Which should technically make me eligible for Macedonian kingship if such a mechanic existed). As I said, I got the event telling me I had become King after winning 2 battles against the Seleucids and 1 against a stack of rebels in Ankyra. Is there another event after the first one? Otherwise I cant see what else I should be doing.

Edit: Got the event on winning yet another battle against the Seleucids. Still no Basilike Patris 2 turns later. I finally got it. Not sure what went on here.
    Last edited by Seimour; March 02, 2017 at 04:10 PM.

I got a question.. So as pontos.. is there no other way to get the reform? is there a default turn where you just automatically become an empire? or do you HAVE to do as the reform says and fight 11 battles against greeks and own those provinces and the 10 + required.

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I got a question.. So as pontos.. is there no other way to get the reform? is there a default turn where you just automatically become an empire? or do you HAVE to do as the reform says and fight 11 battles against greeks and own those provinces and the 10 + required.
    There is a default trigger; after turn 360 (183BC). It used to be an AI-only fallback, but given how late it is, there's no harm in letting the player benefit too. That's when it happened in history.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.2l

A question,

now the city of Rhagae has changed it's name.

for the Parthians is still triggering with new name, for the reform to take place?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    A question,

for the Parthians is still triggering with new name, for the reform to take place?
    As the Medieval II engine permits you can change name of any settlement you own during campaign, just select the town/city/camp name in the upper part of the settlement window so name change does not affect any reform (at least for Parthia and all these fractions i have played so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    A question,

The visible name of the settlement makes no difference whatsoever to the mechanics of reforms and such. They all use the (unchanging) data name, either sett_nnn or region_nnn depending.

postm00v's Avatar Tiro

I defeated a huge garrison at Felsina as the Romani. Does that count towards the 4 battles I need to have in that region for the reforms, or do I have to fight 4 land battles there?

Quote Originally Posted by postm00v View Post
    I defeated a huge garrison at Felsina as the Romani. Does that count towards the 4 battles I need to have in that region for the reforms, or do I have to fight 4 land battles there?
    Sieges and naval battles against Gauls/Greeks don't count.

I have a question for kh reform, how to acquire the titles for state leaders