Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 844

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

  1. #481

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Floren d'Asteneuz View Post
    Thank you Myarta. I had the description from quintus but it was for an earlier version.

    Indeed the problem is the king authority. Any advice on how I can pimp that up ?
    The quickest way is to put him personally in command of the army and win battles.

  2. #482

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Seimour View Post
    I've got the event saying I defeated the Seleukids as Pergamon but the Basilike Patris is not showing up at my capital or anywhere else.
    You need a 2nd level Hellenic Military Colony and a 2nd level Hellenic Polis. And a "large city", so 12k population.

  3. #483

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    You need a 2nd level Hellenic Military Colony and a 2nd level Hellenic Polis. And a "large city", so 12k population.
    I had all of this. Turns out you can't make peace with the Seleucids on the same turn otherwise the event wont fire properly and you must beat them 3 times all over again.

    On the other hand though, it seems I can only build the last government tier in one city and Pergamon doesn't have access to the elite phalanxes, hypaspitai and all the other elite hellenic units aside from the Hetaroi. They used to have some of the in the previous version. Kind of a shame, I really wanted to roll out some agema phalanxes.
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

  4. #484

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    The quickest way is to put him personally in command of the army and win battles.
    I will do that and report here if there is any problem.

    Edit : it works, I had the two last reforms in one strike.

    So you know if moderators here can edit the first post ? Because I think the original poster said he ont be there anymore and having the true conditions you mentioned instead of our first tries to understand back then would be better for us and for you : you wouldn't have to repeat yourself any.ore and we wouldn't have to search the entire thread to have an answer.
    An newcomers wouldn't be lost.
    Last edited by Floren d'Asteneuz; December 24, 2015 at 03:18 AM.


  5. #485

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Seimour View Post
    I had all of this. Turns out you can't make peace with the Seleucids on the same turn otherwise the event wont fire properly and you must beat them 3 times all over again.

    On the other hand though, it seems I can only build the last government tier in one city and Pergamon doesn't have access to the elite phalanxes, hypaspitai and all the other elite hellenic units aside from the Hetaroi. They used to have some of the in the previous version. Kind of a shame, I really wanted to roll out some agema phalanxes.
    Pergamon is one of the Epigonoi, or "lesser" Diadochi, that's why they don't get Hypaspistai, Peltastai Makedones or Agema Phalangitai. Pontos are an exception to that on the elite phalanx. Like Pontos and the Bosporans, they get Peltastai Logades instead of Peltastai Makedones.

  6. #486

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Pergamon is one of the Epigonoi, or "lesser" Diadochi, that's why they don't get Hypaspistai, Peltastai Makedones or Agema Phalangitai. Pontos are an exception to that on the elite phalanx. Like Pontos and the Bosporans, they get Peltastai Logades instead of Peltastai Makedones.
    I am a bit disappointed. I figured that I'd at least get the elite phalanxes once I became King. It makes sense to me because I control all of Anatolia and several other provinces which sets me on a footing where the Basileus would have access to several greek and makedonian colonies out of which to draw elite troops as well as being more powerful than other Diadochi. Shame
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

  7. #487
    Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    3,522

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    I have several top tier cities in Greece. I actually have all of mainland Greece. Yet I cannot produce any medium phalanxes anywhere but Pella. Is this intentional?

  8. #488

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    I have several top tier cities in Greece. I actually have all of mainland Greece. Yet I cannot produce any medium phalanxes anywhere but Pella. Is this intentional?
    Intentional. Regular Phalangitai are limited to the few areas where Macedonians had strong presence, either via colonies or in their own lands. Elsewhere, you'll have only light phalanx available. Don't worry about that much, light phalanx is, in my experience, more cost-effective and will be backbone of your armies for most of campaign.

  9. #489

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    I have several top tier cities in Greece. I actually have all of mainland Greece. Yet I cannot produce any medium phalanxes anywhere but Pella. Is this intentional?
    Absolutely intentional. If you want Phalangitai, go to Anatolia, where they are abundant. Otherwise, don't lose Pella.

  10. #490
    Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Inside the TV.
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    So, as of this update, do the Arverni have a reform yet? How do you trigger it? Could the OP be edited to have this info?

    Free Kekistan

  11. #491
    Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    17,263

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Don't the Celts just have a time-based society shift in EB1 that represents some further sophistication of their tribal societies?
    Am I remembering that correctly? Did that not get transferred to EB2?

  12. #492

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Someone should update this thread with reform information about every faction reforms. Someone who did them and knows it for the latest version 2.1b. Could be easier for everyone.

  13. #493
    Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    17,263

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    The only ones who can edit this thread are the creator of the thread and those mods with local moderation powers over this sub-forum.

  14. #494
    Biarchus
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    637

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Does anyone know what the new units are for Pontus after the reform?

  15. #495

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Does anyone know what the new units are for Pontus after the reform?
    Pontos' reform doesn't give them new units, they have the standard Hellenistic reforms to their troops; it gives them new government buildings. Which have different rosters than their starting ones.

  16. #496

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Pontos' reform doesn't give them new units, they have the standard Hellenistic reforms to their troops; it gives them new government buildings. Which have different rosters than their starting ones.
    In earlier patches you`d get chariots and kinsman cavalry, does that not happen anymore?

  17. #497

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Ribtickler View Post
    In earlier patches you`d get chariots and kinsman cavalry, does that not happen anymore?
    Ah, I'm not sure (I'm offline right now). It should be the same; it's been a while since I worked on the Pontos government pools, so don't remember.

  18. #498
    Civis
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Quote Originally Posted by Ribtickler View Post
    In earlier patches you`d get chariots and kinsman cavalry, does that not happen anymore?
    You do get them, and Agema Phalangitai (who are beasts!).

  19. #499
    Biarchus
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    637

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    Can anyone elaborate on the Saba reform. You need what character in a settlement? I've had lots of FM's governing lots of cities. What if your EI culture is not below 30%, will the reform not happen?

  20. #500

    Default Re: Reform requirements

    There is any plan to update the main post? I guess that maybe the original creator isnt able, to but I have seen reform explanations scattered among other topics. Would be good to reunite them here somehow.

    We will either find a way, or make one.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •