Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.2b

Is there a secondary trigger for the first Carthaginian reform?
    I just had my one and only Barcid FM turn traitor xD
    I was able to reload a saved game, but ya gotta admit that the current arrangement is flimsy.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Will you guys maybe introduce secondary reform requirements for Lugiones and Sweboz ? Something tied to buildings/conquest, maybe extensive contact with other cultures that would push the need for reform ? Just an question.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Will you guys maybe introduce secondary reform requirements for Lugiones and Sweboz ? Something tied to buildings/conquest, maybe extensive contact with other cultures that would push the need for reform ? Just an question.
    No, it's a "passage of time" reform, marking changes evidenced in the archaeology of northern Europe. It has moved later in 2.2c, though, it was far too early.

Barcid Reform

Turn 142, destroyed Rome, 8 battles 20 units vs 20 units with FM on both sides and there is no reform. I can't make my only Barcid(why are you giving us only 1 person with Barcid trait?!) into War Leader because he's Faction Hier. Is there any other way to launch reform?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevon View Post
    Barcid Reform

Turn 142, destroyed Rome, 8 battles 20 units vs 20 units with FM on both sides and there is no reform. I can't make my only Barcid(why are you giving us only 1 person with Barcid trait?!) into War Leader because he's Faction Hier. Is there any other way to launch reform?
    There are a number of triggers for Barcid, and I believe it's possible for an FM to change factions too.

There's no other way to trigger the reform, you need a Barcid who's either Warleader or General of the Army. That's the whole point of the reform, it represents a major shift in government policy.

"General of the Army" is some kind of trait? And I presume it is fully random?
    So I'm unable to get late units now? Because I need Barcid Reform to activate Renewed Panoply Reform?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevon View Post
    "General of the Army" is some kind of trait? And I presume it is fully random?
    So I'm unable to get late units now? Because I need Barcid Reform to activate Renewed Panoply Reform?
    It's not random, it's based on a points mechanic determined by where you're militarily active.

You won't get late units until you trigger it. I'd recommend a review of your existing FMs - often people forget they have someone with the right trait, who just needs the elected office.

OK, so I checked traits file and getting Barcid trait is totally random: marriage, birth, adoption, inheritance. With 42 FM I'm not getting any new with Barcid/anti-Barcid trait. My only FM with Barcid trait is ~60y old. I've got 2 "Generals of the Army" but none with "Barcid" trait. So am I so unlucky, mod is broken or am I doing something wrong?

The answer is that there are too few Barcid fellas atm. Even if they fix it and make it more common, there should still be an achieavable secondary trigger.
    My 2nd Barcid general passed away due to old age, he couldn't get elected for "General of the Army" for 10 years straight, despite being a veteran. I am left with one, and he hasn't got better chances. Atm, I am hoping that my current "War Leader" dies from old age as well, so I can choose another one.
    Last edited by Rad; July 19, 2016 at 03:07 PM.

Update: Success!
    216 BC, the last remaining Barcid came through!
    For a moment there, I thought he was going to die of old age.

I'm a bit confused with the Indo-Parthian reforms. I conquered all of India as the Parthians, I have the first reforms done, all of my cities in India are ruled by folks from house Suren, but the reform hasn't fired... Is there something I'm missing? I was looking through the files and found this:

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType f_parthia
    and Trait MinorKing = 1
    set_event_counter ecParthia_Indo 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Which I presume is tied to the reforms, but I haven't been able to decipher it. What's the "MinorKing" trait?

Thanks!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Could the guide perhaps list the requirements of for the Roman Reformator trait for others and in general convenience sake?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipSchall View Post
    I'm a bit confused with the Indo-Parthian reforms. I conquered all of India as the Parthians, I have the first reforms done, all of my cities in India are ruled by folks from house Suren, but the reform hasn't fired... Is there something I'm missing? I was looking through the files and found this:

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType f_parthia
    and Trait MinorKing = 1
    set_event_counter ecParthia_Indo 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Which I presume is tied to the reforms, but I haven't been able to decipher it. What's the "MinorKing" trait?

Thanks!
    For the indo-parthian kingdom, your suren governor must have a lot of influence

And the minor King trait is viceroy in india, it appears a few laps after the conquest of a city in india, it is necessary to construct the indo-parthian building

Tiro

Hello,

I am playing Rome 2.2b h/h campaign, it is turn 96.

In order to achieve Polybian reform, as first post in thread says:

"Polybian Reform
    - Will happen past turn 100 if the player has had at least 4 large battles (enemy has over 10 units) in cisalpine Gaul (Felsina, Segesta, Medilanon, Patavium, Massalia, Segestica, Dalminion) and at least 5 large land battles (over 10 enemy units) against Carthage. Be warned, the battles possibly need to be initiated by you to count.
    -It can also trigger after turn 150 if they hold Felsina, Segesta, Patava, Messana, Syrakousai and Lilybaion.
    - Will happen automatically at turn 249 if the conditions above are not met."

I have had >4 battles against rebels in the north, i am not worried about this point. I "think" i have had more than 5 land battles against Carthage, but "over 10 enemy units" means 10 or more? or it is 11 or more? cause i have had most of the battles against 10 units armies, also.. does enemy soldiers amount matter? some of my battles against 10 units enemy armies have been against like 300 men total ( they were pretty mauled). Btw do sieges count as "battles"? or do they need to be non siege battles?
    And what does "Will happen past turn 100" mean? Will the reform take place in turn 101 if requeriments are achieved? or is it just a chance, say a x% per turn, for reform to take place after turn 100 if requeriments are achieved?

Regards:

Melvi

They must have 11 or more units, and you have to play those battles on the battlemap, not auto-resolve them. Sieges don't count, nor do naval battles.

Past turn 100 means it might be turn 101 or 102, there's usually a delay.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    They must have 11 or more units, and you have to play those battles on the battlemap, not auto-resolve them. Sieges don't count, nor do naval battles.
    Darng there they go my Carthage reforms in early 100ish, ill need to wait till turn 150, sigh.

Thanks for quick answer Quintus.

Regards:

Melvi

Tiro

I am playing Rome 2.2b h/h campaign, it is turn 120 now.

In order to achieve Polybian reform, as first post in thread says:

"Polybian Reform
    - Will happen past turn 100 if the player has had at least 4 large battles (enemy has over 10 units) in cisalpine Gaul (Felsina, Segesta, Medilanon, Patavium, Massalia, Segestica, Dalminion) and at least 5 large land battles (over 10 enemy units) against Carthage. Be warned, the battles possibly need to be initiated by you to count.
    -It can also trigger after turn 150 if they hold Felsina, Segesta, Patava, Messana, Syrakousai and Lilybaion.
    - Will happen automatically at turn 249 if the conditions above are not met."

I failed first opportunity since i couldnt fight the 5 large land battles against Carthage on time. Now i am aiming for second chance... problem is that i cant see "Felsina" city anywhere, neither "Felsina" region ( just in case). I have conquered the whole Sicily island and: Mediolanum, Bononia, Patavium and Segesta cities in the North of Italy. Is Felsina one of them by any chance with a new name? Or am i missing "Felsina" yet and it is bit more far?
    If Felsina has been renamed Simpelicity should need to correct the first post in thread.

Regards:

Melvi

Felsina is what Bononia was called before you conquered it.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Felsina is what Bononia was called before you conquered it.
    Bah, i conquered it many turns ago, i didnt even notice it had changed name so i didnt realice of his previous name. Thanks Quintus.

Regards:

Melvi

The reform date of the Sweboz says it only occurs between turn 648 to 728 but I got them much earlier than expected. (Turn 130). Was this because I've conquered most of the Boii's teritory?