Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

I am playing Sauromatae EB2 2.35 and have problem with reforms. I placed Aefsadai khsaran/occupation and extortion gov in Zermizegetusa, Kapidava, Zikideva, Histrie and Olbia. That is 5 settlements in size of town or large town. But there was no new reformed type of goverment, no notification and alsko no option to build. As stands in player guide 2.35 if you placed occupation and extortion gov in 5 settlements town or large you get reform. So I need some help here. Why is there no reform?

Quote Originally Posted by peltast147 View Post
    I am playing Sauromatae EB2 2.35 and have problem with reforms. I placed Aefsadai khsaran/occupation and extortion gov in Zermizegetusa, Kapidava, Zikideva, Histrie and Olbia. That is 5 settlements in size of town or large town. But there was no new reformed type of goverment, no notification and alsko no option to build. As stands in player guide 2.35 if you placed occupation and extortion gov in 5 settlements town or large you get reform. So I need some help here. Why is there no reform?
    Nothing has changed, and it was working fine before.

How many turns have passed since you got five? They all need to be Large Towns or bigger, the requirement is Wooden Walls, not Wooden Palisades.

It is 90 turn. Kapidava has wooden walls, all other towns have wooden palisades. Only Kapidava is large town, others are only towns.

It is 90 turn. Kapidava has wooden walls, all other towns have wooden palisades. Only Kapidava is large town, others are only towns.

That's your problem, they're all too small to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Ok, I undertsand now. I am advancing too fast, need to slow down. But it would be very good to update Player guide 2.35, it says " 5 towns or large". It should be "5 large towns or large".

Thanks for reply.

Hello,

I have a question about editing the units recruitment for Rome.

for some reasons I am editing the the export_descr_buildings to be able to recruit legions (Roman units) outside Italy and I am using Note++

However, EB2 is much more complex than other mods. which scripts should be deleted so I can recruit them outside Italy ?

I would be grateful if anybody could help me.

I forgot to mention that when I remove the line after the recruitment time and limit (Like other mods), the game just crashes and would not go into game.

Validation checks are enabled in the config, you can't edit any of the game's files for a game in progress.

Validation checks are enabled in the config, you can't edit any of the game's files for a game in progress.
    So there is no way I could do it at the moment ?

What is the name of the file where the Carthage reform triggers are located?
    Last edited by Rad; April 14, 2019 at 07:15 AM.

I don't think that the Barcid reforms work like the player guide says they should. I triggered them in 235 bc, but my Barcid Rab Mahnet was not the faction leader.

Could someone please check the script and explain what are the current reform conditions and are they in line with what the eb team intended?
    Last edited by Rad; April 17, 2019 at 02:46 PM.

Can someone please explain how to get the Pergamon reforms fighting Galatians? I find the guide and the script to be in conflict.

The guide says:
    Code:
    Fight against the Galatians
    Defeat 6 large Galatian armies (8+ units) inside Galatia to provoke an invasion of Pergamon.
    Defeat the Galatian invasion and own Ephesos, Sardis and Ipsos to declare yourself Basileus. Galatian raids cease.
    But, actually, the script defines battles like this:
    Code:
    ; --- testing for battle size
            if I_BattleEnemyArmyNumberOfUnits > 7
                and I_BattleEnemyArmyNumberOfUnits < 12
                set_counter medium_battle 1  ; this was a medium sized battle
            end_if
            if I_BattleEnemyArmyNumberOfUnits > 11
                set_counter large_battle 1  ; this was a large sized battle
            end_if
    And here's the Pergamon reform requirements:
    Code:
            if I_CompareCounter large_battle > 0
                inc_counter pergamon_num_maj_battles 2
                set_counter large_battle 0
                historic_event HE_PERGAMON_DEFEATS_GALATIANS factions { f_pergamon, }
            end_if
            if I_CompareCounter medium_battle > 0
                inc_counter pergamon_num_maj_battles 1
                set_counter medium_battle 0
                historic_event HE_PERGAMON_DEFEATS_GALATIANS factions { f_pergamon, }
            end_if
            if I_CompareCounter pergamon_num_maj_battles > 6
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
    So, the guide says you have to fight armies large battles of 8 units or more for it to count. The script says a large battle is only against 12 units or more, but has lines mentioning also medium battles, why? Besides the need to update the guide, we must assume medium battles are useless towards the needed count for the reform or do they also play a role, albeit minor?

Furthermore, I find 6 battles inside Galatia to be nearly impossible to achieve. At the start there's only one "large" army inside Galatia. Some armies spawn, ok, but not all of them are big enough. Also Pontos sometimes attacks Galatia, withering their numbers down. Spawned armies outside Pergamon do not count. But I have found the "Galatian Shakedown" section, generating random armies. But still, not all of them count as not being big enough and not being inside Galatia.

In my current campaign I got the "Galatians are defeated! Raids will cease and people hail you as their Basileos" even after just a single battle against a large galatian army inside Galatia, but no reform ensued and raids continued.

The script has an either/or element to it. Very big armies count for two points, where medium-sized ones are only one. You only need to fight three 11+ unit stacks to satisfy the conditions of that trigger. Only fights in Galatia count for this.

The armies that spawn will often merge if you let them. If you let a Rebel stack move into Galatia, that counts towards the condition as well.

The raids will continue until the invasion of Mysia happens.

Thanks, now it's much clearer. So the guide gives you the "easier and longer" option, not mentioning that fighting larger armies halves the battle requirement. Does a combination of large and medium battles work as well? Like 2 big and 2 medium?

Right now Pontus has taken Galatia and rebel stacks are all massed around Mazaka. I will try to lure them into Galatia to trigger the reform.

Is the parthian reform works ?
    I have constructed large scale farms in Hekatompylos, Asaak and Rhagae (Arsakia i suppose) but my culture don't change in eastern imperial

Where's Segesta, do you mean Alba Bagenna?

Segesta is named Albabagenna when it is held by the Eleutheroi, its name is changed to Segesta after Rome captures it. Quite a few places also change names depending on the factions who owns it. (Ex. Antioch is Antiocheia when held by any other Hellenistic Faction other than Makedonia (In this case, Antioch will be called Antigoneia instead) and called Antakiya when held by any eastern faction).
    Last edited by realm56; May 31, 2021 at 08:25 PM.

I wonder if there's a full list of dynamic settlement names?