Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.2r

Quote Originally Posted by NosPortatArma View Post
    so, the reform will already have happened? i can build higher faction governments righ away? there's nothing i need to do?
    Yes, it will treat you like the AI. Many other reforms will be running on autopilot, with the AI-only conditions and no volition from the player if they pick up that faction.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

thanks so much QS!

Gabriel Oi Taurisia's Avatar Laetus

A small question about Marian Reforms:
    will the Cohors Reformata be recruitable all over "Roman" Europe (as in EB I) or just in Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Oi Taurisia View Post
    A small question about Marian Reforms:
    will the Cohors Reformata be recruitable all over "Roman" Europe (as in EB I) or just in Italy?
    Just in Italy. After the Marian reform, the Provinciae government gives you legionary-equivalent and auxiliary units elsewhere else.

In the case of the Saba, it says:
    If one of your characters ends his turn in a settlement not too far from the capital (approximately 3 provinces away. For example, Timna works (Thanks Wulfburk)) that has less than 30% of your culture in it, the reform triggers.
    However, the conditions stated in the Faction Governments & Colonies thread suggests that in addition to having an FM outside of South Arabia (presumably not in a settlement neighbouring Maryab) I need to "create a strong kingdom" (whatever that means) and having 60% EI in Maryab.

Which set of conditions is correct?

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    In the case of the Saba, it says:

However, the conditions stated in the Faction Governments & Colonies thread suggests that in addition to having an FM outside of South Arabia (presumably not in a settlement neighbouring Maryab) I need to "create a strong kingdom" (whatever that means) and having 60% EI in Maryab.

Which set of conditions is correct?
    The former, though it's missing the requirement that the settlement in question has to also have either a "'Adīm Malkān (Bondsmen of the king)" or "Mahrab Malkān (Royal Court)" government for the reform to trigger. Both of these require a certain level of EI to become available (40 and 60% respectively, the latter only buildable after the reform, but already present in Maryab), which can be attained through temples to Almuqah. Will update the OP to mention this.
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; August 05, 2017 at 09:07 AM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    The former, though it's missing the requirement that the settlement in question has to also have either a "'Adīm Malkān (Bondsmen of the king)" or "Mahrab Malkān (Royal Court)" government for the reform to trigger. Both of these require a certain level of EI to become available (40 and 60% respectively, the latter only buildable after the reform, but already present in Maryab), which can be attained through temples to Almuqah. Will update the OP to mention this.
    So it needs to have <30 ETS as well as >40 EI. Are there any settlements that won't be counted - say, if Maryab satisfies those conditions, will I get the culture conversion?

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    So it needs to have 40 EI. Are there any settlements that won't be counted - say, if Maryab satisfies those conditions, will I get the culture conversion?
    There certainly are settlements that won't count - the script says "and DistanceCapital < 3". I'm not sure whether this means the settlement in question may not be three provinces or further away from the capital or three something else. Maryab should work and according to the experiences in the OP, so should Timna.

Maryab also doesn't need 40% EI specifically, since it already starts with the government it needs.
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; August 05, 2017 at 11:46 AM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Hello everyone!

I got my hands on Koinon Hellenon but it seems like my save got problem. I couldn't get archons beside the strating ones (most of them dead) when I got to the reform step 4 to gather 4 in Korinthos. Meaning even with positive influence and clicking on them outside city and waiting a turn it wouldn't give them the trait (It worked on a quick restart campain with the guy in Rhodos so this is only my save i guess). Long story short I manage to console me a bunch of archon with the give_trait "this" SparteStateLeader and so on and they are gathered in Korinthos since 15 turns but it seems they are not discussing what they should be discussing as the next step doesn't trigger.

My question is the following: If I would be to try console me the next buildings for the reform would it trigger the reform? I saw there is some failsafe turn number (which are quite ahead of me): if the script doesn't work with the 4 archons, will the failsafe work or can the reform completely crash on a save? I suppose it is not advisable either to use console to get me closer to the reform turn failsafe.

Thanks a lot for the guide/help and game!

You don't actually need to send the Archons to Korinthos any more, just own Korinthos and have four StateLeaders. You should have had a popup as soon as those things were true - might you have missed it?

There's no way to console_command specific buildings, only hurry along construction. The failsafe will work if it has been broken somehow, but you'll be waiting til turn 300 for that one.

I don't think I got the pop-up then, is it dismissable like the kretan and aetolian mercenaries? I hope I didn't reflex dismissed it but I don't think so. If I got the pop-up shouldn't I be able to build the buildings anyway?
    I think I will have to wait until turn 300 then (if I have the courage).

Thanks QuintusSertorius!

Yes, it's a dismiss-able popup like the mercs one.

The popup appears with the setting of the event_counter - the two don't happen separately.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You don't actually need to send the Archons to Korinthos any more, just own Korinthos and have four StateLeaders. You should have had a popup as soon as those things were true - might you have missed it?
    In my experience, the Archon traits seem to occur erratically. Some FMs never become Archons, despite being of the right ethnicity as governors, and being battle-hardened etc. Also, I never got more than three different kinds of Archons at the same time, and some of them were doppelgängers instead (had three Archontes ton Demou at one point, IIRC). Strangely enough, the reforms triggered regardless of all this. This was my experience both in 2.2r and in 2.3.

Is the event counter the nomber traking my status during the reform? Is it possible to reset it by console (something like set event_counter 3)?
    Maybe I dismissed it with right click as I sometimes missclick my pop-ups. I remeber clearly the pop-up asking me to gather archons to discuss but I haven't opened the HE_KOINON_HELLENON_REFORM_BODY starting the Sympoliteia.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    In my experience, the Archon traits seem to occur erratically. Some FMs never become Archons, despite being of the right ethnicity as governors, and being battle-hardened etc. Also, I never got more than three different kinds of Archons at the same time, and some of them were doppelgängers instead (had three Archontes ton Demou at one point, IIRC). Strangely enough, the reforms triggered regardless of all this. This was my experience both in 2.2r and in 2.3.
    It is bordering on impossible to make those traits unique, unless they're FL-only, and quite a few of them aren't unique offices anyway. You just need four of them, doesn't matter which and in what combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fregator View Post
    Is the event counter the nomber traking my status during the reform? Is it possible to reset it by console (something like set event_counter 3)?
    Maybe I dismissed it with right click as I sometimes missclick my pop-ups. I remeber clearly the pop-up asking me to gather archons to discuss but I haven't opened the HE_KOINON_HELLENON_REFORM_BODY starting the Sympoliteia.
    Nothing you can do with the console, I'm afraid.

Anyone having issues with the Polybian reform? I'm running the second 2.3 campaign where I know I've fought enough battles to qualify for the reforms by turn 100* (one of my generals fighting in Africa is Africanus and has "seen the elephant"). Does killing stacks spawned by the Ligurian revolt not count?

Really scratching my head over this.
    Last edited by cowrecked; November 28, 2017 at 12:52 AM. Reason: I'd originally said by turn 150 when I meant 100

I never actually fulfilled the battle count version of the reform (not enough eligible enemy stacks).

But the 150 turn version should work, I had it about a month ago. Do you have the whole of Sicilia and Cisalpine Gaul?

Oh whoops, I meant by 100.

In previous campaigns in various 2.2 versions and prior, I'd had no problems getting reforms to trigger earlier.

So far in this current campaign I haven't taken all of sicilia and cisalpine gaul as I'm trying to follow a historical conquest timeline, but that's my next thing to test when I have time.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think I had an issue with one of my 2.2r campaigns as well. This most recent Romani campaign is the one I'm most sure that I hit all the battle requirements on though.
    Last edited by cowrecked; November 28, 2017 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cowrecked View Post
    Anyone having issues with the Polybian reform? I'm running the second 2.3 campaign where I know I've fought enough battles to qualify for the reforms by turn 100* (one of my generals fighting in Africa is Africanus and has "seen the elephant"). Does killing stacks spawned by the Ligurian revolt not count?

Really scratching my head over this.
    They have to be fought on the battlemap (not auto-calc'd - the counter it exports requires the battle engine) against an enemy of 12 or more units, either in Cisalpine Gaul (against anyone), or against Carthage (anywhere). You have to clock 4+ in Cisalpina and 5+ against Carthage.

Ah, that makes sense! I may have auto-calc'ed a few of the battles in cisalpine gaul. Thanks for clearing that up!

EDIT: That's not reflected in the OP. Can you update it to clear it up? Says it's 10+ units and there's no mention of auto-calc battles not counting
    Last edited by cowrecked; November 28, 2017 at 11:49 AM.