Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.3

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.2l

You need to have converted Rekem, basically. The requirement is > nonfarms_two (ie nomfarms_three), which is the nomadic version of Large Scale Farming. It will be checked off as you convert since you have to build it to do so.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Land battles fought on the campaign map, led by an FM - autoresolve doesn't count. Doesn't matter how many men were involved.
    What means FM?
    Last edited by Hennin; June 07, 2017 at 02:29 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Family Member. I actually believe any general counts (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Simpelicity View Post

Pergamon

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    To become an independent kingdom, you must defeat the Galatians in battle. Six or more battle against Rebel stacks of 8+ units in Galatia will trigger an invasion of Mysia by a large Galatian force.

You must also own Pergamon, Ephesos, Sardis and Ipsos.

The fallback requires you to own Pergamon, Ephesos, Sardis, Ipsos and Galatia, and the Seleukids to have completely evacuated Anatolia (ie they hold no settlements in it). It must also be after the Thureos Reform.

This unlocks the all the later Pergamon governments, before which only the Military Administration is available (and only in Anatolia). This includes the Basilike Patris in places other than Pergamon. It also allows Hetairoi.

Pontos

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Pontos becomes an empire when it owns at least 10 provinces, including Sinope, Trapezous, Kutatisi, Mazaka, Pantikapaion and Chersonesos. It also needs to have won a total of more than 10 land battles against any of these factions : Arche Seleukia, Ptolemaioi, Pergamon and/or Bosporan Kingdom. That's not 11 battles each, that's 11 battles between all those factions. You probably need to be fighting an enemy family member for the battle to count. They also probably need to be initiated by you.

The impact of this reform is to change Pontos' culture from Eastern Tribal to Eastern Imperial, and to unlock a whole host of new government buildings with varied recruitment.
    Why are these reforms conditional on winning battles? It's completely illogical for administrative reform to be conditional on winning arbitrary battles, especially since the AI isn't convenient about allowing that (i.e. it doesn't always leave large FM-lead armies around for you to attack).

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    Why are these reforms conditional on winning battles? It's completely illogical for administrative reform to be conditional on winning arbitrary battles, especially since the AI isn't convenient about allowing that (i.e. it doesn't always leave large FM-lead armies around for you to attack).
    Because one of the most important ways a Hellenistic ruler established themselves as a king was through victory in battle. The Pergamon one is easy if you let the Galatian script run its course, rather than blitzing Galatia as early as possible.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Because one of the most important ways a Hellenistic ruler established themselves as a king was through victory in battle. The Pergamon one is easy if you let the Galatian script run its course, rather than blitzing Galatia as early as possible.

Where can I see the Ptolemaioi reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Hennin View Post
    Where can I see the Ptolemaioi reforms?
    There aren't any. They have the generalised Hellenistic reforms, and that's all.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

There aren't any. They have the generalised Hellenistic reforms, and that's all.
    Ok, thanks.

Default Re: [Official] Reform requirements - as at 2.2r

Im at 234 BC as Carthage and Hamiklar is leading a force in Greece. I took out rome ages ago and control all the cities listed, He is also a Barcid, and yet still havent got the reform for carthage. The iberian one went through thats what made me realize mine hadnt happened yet. Is there something I am missing? How do I make Hamiklar a 'General of the Army' as he has been leading troops for 10 years

Titles are conveyed in Carthage in winter - much like the Roman ones.

Note the earliest you can get the reform is 237BC anyway.

Titles are conveyed in Carthage in winter - much like the Roman ones.

Note the earliest you can get the reform is 237BC anyway.
    Ok thank you I probably just need to move him back to carthage for a few turms to get the title then.

EDIT: Does the Barcid reform happen automatically at any point? I destroyed rome early on and dont think I got the 5 major land battles in.
    Last edited by IBSXYPNTS; July 09, 2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Additional question

and how do you do that specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by NosPortatArma View Post
    and how do you do that specifically?
    Don't take Galatia, refuse the Galatian shakedown, let the spawned stack stray off back into Galatia. Also note the frequent, but random, spawns of additional Galatian stacks as long as it's still Rebel.

Don't take Galatia, refuse the Galatian shakedown, let the spawned stack stray off back into Galatia. Also note the frequent, but random, spawns of additional Galatian stacks as long as it's still Rebel.
    im joining a hotseat that is around turn 11 as pergamon, and it has previously been cotrolled by AI. does ai refuse shakedown? but other than that, i just wait until i have killed enough stacks? good

im joining a hotseat that is around turn 11 as pergamon, and it has previously been cotrolled by AI. does ai refuse shakedown? but other than that, i just wait until i have killed enough stacks? good
    The script won't be active if the AI has controlled Pergamon. It's a player-only script.

Most of the reforms haven't been written with Hotseat compatibility in mind.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

The script won't be active if the AI has controlled Pergamon. It's a player-only script.

Most of the reforms haven't been written with Hotseat compatibility in mind.
    I am in the same hot seat, using Parthians...regarding what QS said I will not shitch culture right? (when I met the requirements ecc)...
    does change culture thing is related with game run on the same pc? or it is only for single player, no matter what.
    in a Single player campaign I was able to switch culture, once met the req.
    when new turn begins a message inform me of the change...so my question is, if once the req are met...the turn are on one pc...does the culture swtch takes place? or is only a single player, not matter what...in others hs was possible chanche religion via buildings

Cultural conversion doesn't require the script. Changing culture, though, is script-only.

Pahlava's reform happens to be one that doesn't have a player-only and AI-only set of criteria, so it's Hotseat safe.

Cultural conversion doesn't require the script. Changing culture, though, is script-only.

Pahlava's reform happens to be one that doesn't have a player-only and AI-only set of criteria, so it's Hotseat safe.
    but regarding pergamon, can the hotseat admin trigger the reform or is it impossible?

but regarding pergamon, can the hotseat admin trigger the reform or is it impossible?
    Impossible. All the elements of the player-managed part of the reform are terminated if Pergamon is AI, and the reform switch is automatically triggered. It will be complete before the human switches to Pergamon.

Impossible. All the elements of the player-managed part of the reform are terminated if Pergamon is AI, and the reform switch is automatically triggered. It will be complete before the human switches to Pergamon.
    so, the reform will already have happened? i can build higher faction governments righ away? there's nothing i need to do?
    Last edited by NosPortatArma; July 20, 2017 at 06:17 PM.