Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's Campaign AI for The Great War

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's Campaign AI for The Great War

Well.. What some of Bran Mac Born fans could do, is find and make a collection of music of that period, and post it in a Period Music thred. So when you feel ready you can have fun doing it.

A suggestion.
    Cheers

you can make your own
    http://www.ww1photos.com/WW1MusicIndex.html
    http://www.firstworldwar.com/audio/1918.htm think this one better scratchy/cracking recordings

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Ranges seem to be all over the place. It looks like minor factions (The ones I have looked at) have standard ranges. Infantry are 260 in the later period.

Germany looks to be the same. But then Austria-Hungary has early infantry with a ranger of 245, but later infantry with a range of 225. Both early and late French infantry have 245 range, while Britain is balanced, but still less range than Germany and minor nations.

I assume this is on purpose? Historically accurate maybe?

I mean, Im fine if it is, I'll probably just change it myself, but thought I'd post on the off chance it's a bug. Im all for historical accuracy and all, but usually whoever shoots first in this mod is the one that wins, so it seems like a pretty gigantic balance difference.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Have to look a Germany range should be longer than that.

Hey bran again me...I installed the great war mod 5.1.4 and he proposed me to update to 5.2...If i accept,will your edit files work?
    Last edited by elinath; March 05, 2016 at 08:56 AM.

Patrician

My edits are for 5.1.4. Are you beta tester for 5.2?

Ok for 5.1.4 and i tested 5.2 there are a half year ago,i gave a report with all bugs i found in 5.2 beta to The Hedge Night.I can't be a tester anymore i don't have the time :/

Hey Bran, I was wondering if your mod would work in partial to Zera's Sound Mod? What I want to do is use your mod of the DB and AI to replace Zera's tweaks of the DB and AI but keep the sounds. What ya think? Would it work or just be a waste of time. Hope I'm not overstepping any boundries on these questions here. Thanks for any advice.

Patrician

I did nothing with the sounds so.........yes.

Gives me a proper challenge, this mod does. Many thanks Bran.

Patrician

UPDATE: Campaign AI file-lowered commodities boost and tweaked Ai spending on construction and armies for more balance. Post one.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; March 18, 2016 at 05:09 PM.

everything seemed good (playing as GB) until spain launched a massive invasion from sea..... i went back and sunk their ships before they reached england. BUT then France decided to stay allied with them and not me and now im at war with the entire world as GB. lol

Patrician

Patrician

Real Life situations are now going to be my focus so there will no longer be any more things from me here until I can get things straight and right with my situation which is quite scary at the moment. Hope you all have enjoyed playing these mods. Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Real Life situations are now going to be my focus so there will no longer be any more things from me here until I can get things straight and right with my situation which is quite scary at the moment. Hope you all have enjoyed playing these mods. Have Fun.
    May you and those that you care most, be well. No matter the situation. What ever the troubles brings you.

May Odin, give you knowledge, on your path.
    May Thor, grant you strength, and courage on your way.
    And may Loki, give you laughter as you go.

Patrician

UPDATE: Test fix for commodities bug. AI file and DB file post 1. See if this works

Patrician

Working on the music mod fellas.

Bran Mac Born, in one of the neighbouring threads you've mentioned that your campaign AI fixes the 360 degree firing machinegun bunkers, but after installing your sub-mod it appears not to be true. Although I must say I play on normal both in battles and during campaign(could it be the issue?). I was besieging one of the Austro-Hungarian cities which had 3 machinegun bunkers, funnily enough during and after deployment phase, all three of them were positioned in the opposite direction, with their slots facing rearwards, and all too eager to laugh in their faces I systematically advanced my troops only to be mowed down by machineguns shooting through the rearward wall of the bunker. Note that I would not have any problems with bunkered machine guns if they somehow visually showed that they are able to shoot 360 degrees, but since they have a slit, and seemingly limited field of view, I expected that bunkers facing rearwards would be very much useless against my troops, which was not the case. It really is quite annoying that I am not able to cleverly deal with machinegun Bunkers.

Also some people proposed that melee charging the machinegun bunker prevented it from firing since the troops inside were preparing for melee, which I find quite hillarious and game-breaking just as much as bunker which is capable to fire 360 degrees around itself while having only 1 limited firing slit.

Patrician

UPDATE: Fixed bug with MG nest firing at 360 degrees.. Nest was limited but not the men inside Degree is now 260 so you can get behind it and destroy it. DG file on post one.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

2 questions:

1. Will you include some German songs in the music mod, such as "Die Wacht am Rhein"?
    2. What are the recommended difficulty settings for realism?