Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's Campaign AI for The Great War

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Bran Mac Born's Campaign AI for The Great War

Bran settings for explosive WAR ACTION! Better expansion,bigger armies,better regional development,tech upgrades,bigger navies,naval invasions,regional defense,diplomacy etc. TOTAL WAR SLAUGHTER EDITIONWorld War Really EPIC 04/25/16
    Unpack file.
    Install to your Napoleon data folder: find file called _GreatWar5_AI and remove it(make a backup first). Unpack rar. file then
    Copy and paste new Bran version into your Napoleon data folder. That is it. Have Fun

NEW- Adapted Bran BAI settings and new longer range for Rifles and MG and tweaked some morale settings.
    Install to your Napoleon data folder: find file call _GreatWar5_DB and remove it (make a backup first). Unpack new version rar. and Copy and Paste into your Napoleon data folder. Test and see if things work better. Best used with Campaign AI file.

NEW:New startpos file with new victory conditions for Britain. Help Britain AI invade the continent. Switched Gibraltar for Oldenburg. Unpack and copy and paste into Napoleon/data/campaigns/ww1_main. Make a back up of the original startpos before you do anything.

Feed Back is most welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 15, 2019 at 09:59 PM.

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's Campaign AI for The Great War

Awesome, +rep
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Patrician

Feedback is welcome-some screen grabs of the campaign map and any reports of expanding behavior. Are the factions more aggressive?

Libertus

currently, I am playing with Italy and it has almost no difference when we compare with the original one. Germany has taken over one of the cities (Mitau) of Russia and has taken over Belgium so far. I am at turn 40. I admired 5.0 more than 5.1 (5.1 and 5.1.4)

In 5.0 almost everything was historical. Germany was powerful at the beginning, but in process of time it gets losing cities one by one.

GB is so poor as well. It must be as powerful as Germany I think. At least nearly...

To me, the only problem is Great Britain, like always. I don't know if your mod aimed to fix it, but the AI for Britain still lacks the knowledge of what deploying troops on the mainland means and just stockpiles them by London. But what annoys me the most is that this problem only occurs when GB fights the AI Central Powers, but when they are at war with me as a side nation like Spain, They Land a full force invasion on the peninsula. Just letting you know.

Patrician

UPDATE: Better faction development, more mobile naval force to help Britain invade. post one.
    see if that helps.

Libertus

that made Germany and Austria stronger in my campaign. :/ Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-07_00001.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	307.0 KB 
ID:	313560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-07_00002.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	313561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-07_00003.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	313562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-07_00004.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	313563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-07_00005.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	280.9 KB 
ID:	313564 (Do you mean that you updated that file in your last post?)

Libertus

we need Great Britain the most actually. It must be aggressive, must block German harbours and must make ground offensive by disembarking on Belgium.

In addition, historically, at the begining of game GB must have navies near to the Ottoman State. An embarked small army (6-7units) can balance Ottoman's power and that would be more realistic and GB must be richer and must have already Cargo ships at trade points.

Quote Originally Posted by onurlu06 View Post
    currently, I am playing with Italy and it has almost no difference when we compare with the original one. Germany has taken over one of the cities (Mitau) of Russia and has taken over Belgium so far. I am at turn 40. I admired 5.0 more than 5.1 (5.1 and 5.1.4)

In 5.0 almost everything was historical. Germany was powerful at the beginning, but in process of time it gets losing cities one by one.
    That's pretty consistent with Germany's historical performance. Germany proper didn't lose territory during the war, only after the armistice.

We made Germany more powerful in 5.1 and 5.1.4 to ensure it could hold up against France and Russia, which it seems to be doing. While ideally it should not manage to defeat both France and Russia, neither should it take territorial losses until late in the campaign.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    That's pretty consistent with Germany's historical performance. Germany proper didn't lose territory during the war, only after the armistice.

We made Germany more powerful in 5.1 and 5.1.4 to ensure it could hold up against France and Russia, which it seems to be doing. While ideally it should not manage to defeat both France and Russia, neither should it take territorial losses until late in the campaign.
    I know, but how can you mirror that to the game? We have to seize cities to win the game. Without seizing it'd be impossible. (Maybe modificators can create new goals to achieve. It is really hard to seize cities and different goals would make the game more attractive I think. )

Btw, have you ever considered problems about Great Britain what we argue? Can there be a new update for both tanks' issue and GB?
    Last edited by onurlu06; September 08, 2014 at 11:06 AM.

Tiro

I must begin a new game or this mod works with save files?

Patrician

Start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by onurlu06 View Post
    I know, but how can you mirror that to the game? We have to seize cities to win the game. Without seizing it'd be impossible. (Maybe modificators can create new goals to achieve. It is really hard to seize cities and different goals would make the game more attractive I think. )

Btw, have you ever considered problems about Great Britain what we argue? Can there be a new update for both tanks' issue and GB?
    We mirror that by trying to have Germany make initial territorial gains, then stall, then lose territory. Hopefully the losses don't enter Germany's starting pos. until 1917 or later. That, of course, is the ideal scenario.

We're pretty limited in our ability to change the AI, so both changing the style of play from conquest and getting the British AI to be non-stupid might be difficult. Maybe there's a solution for the latter, but I wouldn't know any specifics.

Patrician

UPDATE: NEW- Added new script to force Britain to do naval invasion of Oldenburg and Hannover so they will get into the fight.
    Unpack the script into Napoleon /data/campaigns/ww1_main. Remember to backup the ww1_main folder first!
    Test it out with new campaign.

Patrician

UPDATE: Adapted some Bran BAI stuff and increased range for rifles and MG. Tweaked some morale effects. Post one. Test and see these setting make units have better gun battles.

THX,is it compatible with B-Dizls mod?

Patrician

Huo Shan- I do not know -send me the link and I will see.

And I use your mod,in the first round,I have no money and no army,is it true??

Patrician

It is compatible as it does not change the BAI or CAI settings. You should have money yes.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast