Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Civil War System

Default Re: New Civil War System

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    That's my point. If this is true, then we found a loophole. I think it will be important to report this in their forums.
    Maybe Statesmen can rebel and I think who ever created the army might effect which side that army chooses even if he is not general anymore.

Saw a thread on the CA forums before but cant find it now, they were discussing how this could be abused and someone said he tried to do it but after a while of only recruiting generals from his family he simply ran out of viable generals and only had options from different families.

There is a simple way arround this, recruit a guy from a different family then adopt him

Quote Originally Posted by Master.Mind View Post
    There is a simple way arround this, recruit a guy from a different family then adopt him
    exactly and adopting level 1 general is cheap ! and with someone like me playing 24 turns per year i never lose a family generals.

But adopting lowers you influence level right ? So atleast adopting everyone will get your faction penalties for low influence

Quote Originally Posted by Sealhuntah123 View Post
    But adopting lowers you influence level right ? So atleast adopting everyone will get your faction penalties for low influence
    u only need 12-14 generals to end a campaign.

Another way to keep Civil War "in check" would be to put other families generals in small and underpowered armies whereas your generals would be in a crack Legion...

You realize that it is intended that you might completely avoid civil war?
    If you manage everything correctly you won't be fighting the other families. Civil war is not inevitable like pre patch15.

So it's not about using bugs or "abusing the system" but rather about understanding and dealing with it.

I would think Statesmen left at home would cause more dissent and rabble rousing as it were, than general busy in the field. Generals if anything should be a way to keep them busy. I know I have taken some enemies of my families, put them in a bad scenario and charged the lines of pikes to have him killed off

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaļa Zvezda View Post
    Another way to keep Civil War "in check" would be to put other families generals in small and underpowered armies whereas your generals would be in a crack Legion...
    I wrote a Parthia guide ages ago where I mention this posibility in the section Military: army composition and tactics (II) (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=197079162).
    I do it systematically. Back then it was more or less a roleplaying thing, now it“s a necessity to crush civil wars easily even when they take place.
    Last edited by GatoVolador; September 04, 2014 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GatoVolador View Post
    I wrote a Parthia guide ages ago where I mention this posibility in the section Military: army composition and tactics (II) (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=197079162).
    I do it systematically. Back then it was more or less a roleplaying thing, now it“s a necessity to crush civil wars easily even when they take place.
    Yep, and what Mister Clever said too.

Sending an undesired general from an other family or with bad traits (negative tax rates, crazy or one that adds another culture,...) to certain death in enemy territory is a nice way of getting rid of it.

And it's RP too as he may be lost or sent in a reconnaissance party...

Just cleared a Sparta campaign h/h 148 turns(military victory).
    i cleared with no civil war or even messages that it might happen.
    all my armies' generals were from the royal family!if i had none i just adopt a new one. the funny thing is that the always catch up to my influence so i had to kill many of them manually(suicide missions) so i don't lose senators.

A few ideas:

There should be a limit on how many generals can be adopted at anyone time. Also the less generals the other families have the more likely they are to adopt yours.

There should also be a need to balance army power amongst generals from different families. This can be calculated in a similar way of auto-resolve (but obviously better). If unbalanced then assassination attempts etc should rise. Maybe a hit to income through increased corruption/conspiracy... just lay on the penalties..

If a civil war erupts and the other families have little/no army power then they should spawn small armies and prioritise recruitment. They should also get extra settlements even if your armies are nearby - this is because the other family members can be seen as galvanising the townfolk against your family.

Semisalis

My idea is: Disable adopting.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alu10 View Post
    My idea is: Disable adopting.
    But that would be another hurdle to AI.

AI tried to adapt my generals but with 25000 to 85000 income depending on the battles i fought this turn (selling slaves) and 500,000 treasury its impossible for me to lose a general.
    i don't even know how the AI can catch up to my influence really!
    i have almost same generals numbers but 1 of my generals Nikon has like 700 gravitates and the other families highest one is like 100.
    and i checked the ambitions my generals has more. but still he caught up! making it extremely easy for me to keep it balanced without trying.
    and i can do it without adopting.. i only did adopt one i had around 10 armies and 2 fleets. were enough to clear it.
    fixing adoption wont help imo.
    Last edited by ferassh; September 11, 2014 at 01:32 PM.

Okay, so I've got some news about the new civil war system. I've been playing a vanilla campaign (but with Dresden's 4tpy mod) as the Suebi, to see how all the new changes look.

A civil war just erupted with no warning on turn 226, Imperium level 6 (not the highest level), and about 50% political support. Every one of my armies was under the control of a general from my party, and only one navy was controlled by the opposing party. Nonetheless, 3 of my 12 armies and 3 of 6 navies joined the civil war faction. Interestingly, the armies that rebelled are not all in rebel-controlled regions.

So this seems kind of like the old system, in that there was no warning at all before the civil war started. I did promote two generals the turn before, but that only reduced my support from 53% to 50%. Also my faction leader died that turn. Maybe that had something to do with it. Still, there's a random chance of the war occurring each turn I guess.

Well, this shouldn't be too difficult, but those were my best armies XD. 3 gold chevrons and all the upgrades, and now I have to fight them. Well, hopefully it'll be more interesting than the old civil war system.

EDIT: No, it's not. Only one of the civil war armies attacked my cities, the other two (and the navies) stood around until I attacked them. And they didn't recruit new armies in the regions they controlled.
    Last edited by Augustusng; September 13, 2014 at 09:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12