Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle crash

Default Battle crash

Heya whenever I try and load a battle the game crashes once I get to the loading screen. The problem only started today so I assume it has something to do with the latest update, however I'm a little confused because most of the posts I've seen on the DEI forums are about how DEI and the latest update are compatible... any clues or tips? thanks

Default Re: Battle crash

Hey mate have you downloaded the latest standalone version (0.95l) or are you using steam version?

And also are you using patch 14 or patch 15?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Im using the standalone with patch 14. Thanks for the quick response by the way

I´m having the same Problem. Game keeps crahsing once i try to start a battle. But sctually thos chrases started while i was actually playing. One minute its was perfectly fine to start a battle the next it crahsed.
    And im not using the patch 15 beta.

Hrmm..I was hoping I could make it both patch 14 and 15 compatible. I will work on it.

Thank you for your quick response.. You and the team of DeI are amazing just like your Mod.

For now, Steam will be for patch 14 and the new standalone will be for patch 15. Don't update to the new standalone if you aren't going to use the 15 beta patch.

I am getting a battle crash as well, I have the stand alone for patch 15 and I have updated my game to patch 15 beta, I get the crash right after I end my turn and are attacked by a Galatian army. I get the battle loading screen and crash at 40-50% loading.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have uploaded my savegame file.Attachment 313257

Thanks for posting the save game. I will look into what could be causing these crashes.

Update: I have opted out of patch 15 beta and rolled back to DEI .95k and I am not having the crash anymore, I guess I have to step it up and finish this campaign before the release of patch 15

For some reason they removed animation files that had nothing to do with the axe animations. It could be that, but I am not sure.

.95L patch 15beta and im having battle crash too in the loading screen!

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I'm getting the same thing.

Im using Beta 15 + Standalone DEI.

I can get a battle crash of custom battles using the Carthaginian Roster (selected all the units so carnt narrow it down further atm)

Hope this helps

I can't seem to replicate this with patch 15 beta and the standalone pack. I used the entire Carthage roster and did not get a crash. I also tested kanzy's save and did not get a crash.

You guys who have patch 15 beta may want to verify your game cache.

Baltizar's Avatar Civis

I am still getting battle crashes. I was meeting the Nasanomes rebels who had a small force of African shield warriors and archers along with a couple of horse skirmishers they had about 14 units to my 40 made up of egyptian infantry infantry, spear infantry, egyptian archers, javlins, spearmen( some of them of my own creation which had worked in previous DEI 95 patches), javelins and slingers led by Ptolemy general on a chariot...the game crashed. I loaded the game again and tried the same make up using the custom battle but using the african tribe masaesyli with similar units..the game crashed again on load. I tested the game previosly with just my own created units...they were fine loaded no problem although I used a smaller army size of 20 units. Could the crash be something to do with the size of the army Ie 40 units. If you guys want me to attach the pack file with my own egyptian units let me know.
    Last edited by Baltizar; September 04, 2014 at 05:37 AM.

Durador's Avatar Civis

it is very strange, i get very random crashes with 15beta and latest DeI update (using the non steam version) new campaign. I get crashes in the beginning of my new turn. and sometimes in a battle. When i use the auto save from my end turn then nothing happens. and i can play for hours with out a crash.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I get a crash during the loading screen of every battle, new campaigns or old campaigns. I've verified the game cache. It seems completely fine apart from the battles and a random crash very now and then.

Ive switched back to the steam version (with the latest steam fix) and running on the beta edition and its working again for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast