Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 164

Thread: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

  1. #81

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    I'm not sure my Emperor Edition beta is working correctly. How the hell do I start an Augustus campaign? Its nowhere to be found!


    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

  2. #82
    Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,209

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    I'm not sure my Emperor Edition beta is working correctly. How the hell do I start an Augustus campaign? Its nowhere to be found!
    This is the Patch 15 beta thread, it's title is actually wrong and slightly misleading. Augustus campaign will be with the actual release of the Emperor Edition and the official Patch 15 release


  3. #83

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    I don't know if it's [patch 15/Emperor-edition] related, but the Seleucids now have Roman-style voices on the campaign map. "It is an honor, to DIE for Rome!" and that kind of stuff ...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantÚs

    Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

  4. #84

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    I have to say the diplomacy is great right now.

    As the seleucids many people have declared war at me but as soon as I started to win battles and defeat one or two armies from the enemy faction they ask for peace.
    however there is a slight annoyance.
    factions continue to recruit units, it is only 35 turns into the game so neither I or the AI has had the time to really build a great military infastructure but I am building tier 2 units vs tier 0 units (basically none barracks recruiting).

  5. #85
    The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chlοe's Basement, 'Merca
    Posts
    3,169

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    I won't be happy with diplomacy until I can make trade agreements and have an alliance before turn 200.

  6. #86

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    I haven't had time to play the beta yet, but anyone have any comments/feedback about the improved politics and civil war? Are armies still magically appearing or do your own soldiers switch sides?

  7. #87

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I only play with 4TPY mods, but I'm thinking of all the poor benighted folks who still play vanilla... they need CA to show the way to all that multiple TPY goodness, with proper seasons, and generals and agents who don't die like flies...
    Seeing as how the Roman Republic/Empire lasted around 1000 years, 4TPY equals 4000 game turns. No one is going to play a 4000 turn campaign and this is why CA will stick with the current TPY. I've tried 4 TPY mods with 4TPY difficulty and the game is painfully slow. And using 4TPY mods without 4TPY difficulty mods is just cheating. 280 year old maaaaaxed out generals. Really. I'm sure CA would have liked 4 TPY, but it is just not practical for this time frame. This "poor benighted vanilla player" will stick with vanilla thanks.

  8. #88
    LestaT's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Campus Martius
    Posts
    3,861

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I only play with 4TPY mods, but I'm thinking of all the poor benighted folks who still play vanilla... they need CA to show the way to all that multiple TPY goodness, with proper seasons, and generals and agents who don't die like flies...
    I play vanilla while modding the game too. Vanilla wise 1 turn per year is nice enough to represent 'believable' mid republic to early imperial era. Longer turns are more suitable for era specific campaigns like CiG or HatG.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius


  9. #89

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by Rora Lion View Post
    I don't know if it's [patch 15/Emperor-edition] related, but the Seleucids now have Roman-style voices on the campaign map. "It is an honor, to DIE for Rome!" and that kind of stuff ...
    I can confirm this. "I am honored to serve Rome" WTF? Caught me off guard lol.

    Factions do seem to peace out more competently now. They'd rather stay alive and pay me money, fine by me for the most part . Also the first time Media has actually declared war on me, so I can finally recapture Seleucia with out feeling bad .
    Last edited by DarthShizNit; September 03, 2014 at 07:09 AM.

  10. #90
    M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,055

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    Seeing as how the Roman Republic/Empire lasted around 1000 years, 4TPY equals 4000 game turns. No one is going to play a 4000 turn campaign and this is why CA will stick with the current TPY. I've tried 4 TPY mods with 4TPY difficulty and the game is painfully slow. And using 4TPY mods without 4TPY difficulty mods is just cheating. 280 year old maaaaaxed out generals. Really. I'm sure CA would have liked 4 TPY, but it is just not practical for this time frame. This "poor benighted vanilla player" will stick with vanilla thanks.
    I don't think the vanilla game is 1000 turns. Most TW games have been 200-400 turns on Vanilla. There are more reasons to use 4 turns per year than just having Generals and agents last a long time. The 4 turns per year mod incorporates seasons which give some leeway and some challenges when planning your large scale strategy. There's also some aesthetic appeal to seeing the seasons change between turns.

  11. #91
    kamikazee786's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Leeds, Uk
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    I have to say im enjoying this quite a bit, im using the ABH's strategic governance edict mod along with radious's and champloo's unit packs. The game is pretty decent, Siege AI was fixed in patch 14 and and i have definitley noticed better campaign AI. Diplomacy has been improved aswell, i was playing as sparta and ive never ever played this far into the game.

    This is the situation about 50 turns in.

    The Seleucids got their daylights beaten out of them by Egypt who've taken all of syria, apart from antioch. Theyre also at war with all their satrapies and offered me 8000 to become my client state.

    Rome has taken over all of sicily after about 8 battles with carthage there, it took over cisalpine gaul and now has an army besieging massalia. The getae just took over all of dacia and armenia is pushing way up towards the caucus mountains. Pontus has been destroyed but the main factions are really moving around and conquering
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

  12. #92
    AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Thessalonike Greece
    Posts
    21,732

    Default I hope this wont exist in full release patch 15:

    AI Siege:
    Opponets:
    A full Legion (20 units)
    4 Celtish armies :
    2 Full armies with total 6 artilery units.
    1 2 units naval unit
    1 Small (3 units) army that started the assault.

    Again game places ladders in two diferent sides of the city (possitive).
    I place 4 units to defend the landing zone because the baval units comming straight to the city port (possitive).
    The 1st full stack army runs to help the 1st small one because i sallied out to delay their placing of ladder on my walls (possitive).
    While their artilery is slower than their troops i sent my cavalry to hit them from rear to eliminate the threat but AI spoted my units and sent its own cavalry against mine (possitive).
    While the 2nd full army arives in battlefield it does NOT use the other side ladders but it also runs where the other 2 armies fight (negative).
    Evidence:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    That alone could be not so "damm" but what follows it is!
    The entire number of the 3 armies try to use only one ladder that reach walls and the 2nd comes up and down trying to find a path to move!
    Evidence:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    What follows is something that i have not deside if I had to laugh or cry with this game's AI performance.
    AI artilery is in place and launches a huge barrage on a small section of the wall (possitive).
    When walls colapse AI leads it armies to that gap (possitive) and I am ussing al my units to seal that gap (remember though that AI did not use the other two ladders to force me split my units). At this point AI simply did not sent any unit (cavalry maybe?) to torch an other gate to enter the city!!!!!!!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    At some point the remaining forces of mine rout and flee!!!!!!!!
    All i have in city is my general and the artilery crew!
    The gap on the walls in UNDEFENDED BUT....
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    On my huge surpise NO ONE enters the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All AI did was to sent its artilery in the other side of the city.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    AI sent a general in to the gap 1 minute before time expires and only when all the infantry units of all its armies were dead by the two undefended towers near the wall gap!

    Now I can understand why CA AI developers refused so hard to give legionaires defensive fire!
    Now i can understand why CA gave AI HUGE numbers of artilery but still AI dies before walls because it has NOT the AI level of Rome I AI that used siege equipment in 2-3 sides of a city with multiple rams, siege towers and ladders and more realisticaly TUNNELS!!!!
    And I do not speak for modded Rome 1!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CA i post these results of my today defensive battle only because the patch 15 is in betta stage!
    You still have time to fix this AI that ruins the fun!!!!!!!!
    Instead of filling the AI armies with huge artilery that never HAD, give AI the pathfinding to use multiple siege primitive equipment!
    No need to errase torches! Torches are good for sending cavalry to bring down gates!!!!!
    But instead of 24 catapults AI should use 2-3 rams, 2 sets of ladders and 2 siege towers and be able to attack in the entire wall front!!!!!
    Each AI army must have its own siege equipment placed (the armies) from the battle start like in Rome 1 in to its own front/side!!!
    Its NOT too late to fix this in patch 15!
    Please provide us with realistic battles that will offer us fun no matter if we lose or win!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 214950_2014-09-03_00001.jpg   214950_2014-09-03_00002.jpg   214950_2014-09-03_00003.jpg   214950_2014-09-03_00004.jpg   214950_2014-09-03_00005.jpg  

    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).


  13. #93
    Primicerius
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    EST
    Posts
    3,176

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post
    I won't be happy with diplomacy until I can make trade agreements and have an alliance before turn 200.
    Don't know what/how you playing. I get trade and alliances within the first few turns playing on legendary with factions such as Junia and Barcids (global diplomatic malus).

  14. #94

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    Seeing as how the Roman Republic/Empire lasted around 1000 years, 4TPY equals 4000 game turns. No one is going to play a 4000 turn campaign and this is why CA will stick with the current TPY.
    Since no one plays out the entire length of the actual Empire, as the campaign will have resolved itself long before that, this argument is meaningless. By all means, have fun with vanilla, but do realize that you're reducing the game's immersion level for the sake of a historical reality that you will never see in any campaign you play.



  15. #95
    AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Thessalonike Greece
    Posts
    21,732

    Default Re: I hope this wont exist in full release patch 15:

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    AI Siege:
    Opponets:
    A full Legion (20 units)
    4 Celtish armies :
    2 Full armies with total 6 artilery units.
    1 2 units naval unit
    1 Small (3 units) army that started the assault.

    Again game places ladders in two diferent sides of the city (possitive).
    I place 4 units to defend the landing zone because the baval units comming straight to the city port (possitive).
    The 1st full stack army runs to help the 1st small one because i sallied out to delay their placing of ladder on my walls (possitive).
    While their artilery is slower than their troops i sent my cavalry to hit them from rear to eliminate the threat but AI spoted my units and sent its own cavalry against mine (possitive).
    While the 2nd full army arives in battlefield it does NOT use the other side ladders but it also runs where the other 2 armies fight (negative).
    Evidence:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    That alone could be not so "damm" but what follows it is!
    The entire number of the 3 armies try to use only one ladder that reach walls and the 2nd comes up and down trying to find a path to move!
    Evidence:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    What follows is something that i have not deside if I had to laugh or cry with this game's AI performance.
    AI artilery is in place and launches a huge barrage on a small section of the wall (possitive).
    When walls colapse AI leads it armies to that gap (possitive) and I am ussing al my units to seal that gap (remember though that AI did not use the other two ladders to force me split my units). At this point AI simply did not sent any unit (cavalry maybe?) to torch an other gate to enter the city!!!!!!!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    At some point the remaining forces of mine rout and flee!!!!!!!!
    All i have in city is my general and the artilery crew!
    The gap on the walls in UNDEFENDED BUT....
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    On my huge surpise NO ONE enters the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All AI did was to sent its artilery in the other side of the city.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    AI sent a general in to the gap 1 minute before time expires and only when all the infantry units of all its armies were dead by the two undefended towers near the wall gap!

    Now I can understand why CA AI developers refused so hard to give legionaires defensive fire!
    Now i can understand why CA gave AI HUGE numbers of artilery but still AI dies before walls because it has NOT the AI level of Rome I AI that used siege equipment in 2-3 sides of a city with multiple rams, siege towers and ladders and more realisticaly TUNNELS!!!!
    And I do not speak for modded Rome 1!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CA i post these results of my today defensive battle only because the patch 15 is in betta stage!
    You still have time to fix this AI that ruins the fun!!!!!!!!
    Instead of filling the AI armies with huge artilery that never HAD, give AI the pathfinding to use multiple siege primitive equipment!
    No need to errase torches! Torches are good for sending cavalry to bring down gates!!!!!
    But instead of 24 catapults AI should use 2-3 rams, 2 sets of ladders and 2 siege towers and be able to attack in the entire wall front!!!!!
    Each AI army must have its own siege equipment placed (the armies) from the battle start like in Rome 1 in to its own front/side!!!
    Its NOT too late to fix this in patch 15!
    Please provide us with realistic battles that will offer us fun no matter if we lose or win!!!!!!!!!
    I posted this separatly to be right in front of CA AI developers and not hiden in douzens of posts.
    Any way...
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).


  16. #96

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    I have to say im enjoying this quite a bit, im using the ABH's strategic governance edict mod along with radious's and champloo's unit packs. The game is pretty decent, Siege AI was fixed in patch 14 and and i have definitley noticed better campaign AI. Diplomacy has been improved aswell, i was playing as sparta and ive never ever played this far into the game.

    This is the situation about 50 turns in.

    The Seleucids got their daylights beaten out of them by Egypt who've taken all of syria, apart from antioch. Theyre also at war with all their satrapies and offered me 8000 to become my client state.

    Rome has taken over all of sicily after about 8 battles with carthage there, it took over cisalpine gaul and now has an army besieging massalia. The getae just took over all of dacia and armenia is pushing way up towards the caucus mountains. Pontus has been destroyed but the main factions are really moving around and conquering
    Siege AI is not fixed its improved but it still need alot of work from CA.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

  17. #97
    SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,626

    Default Re: I hope this wont exist in full release patch 15:

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I posted this separatly to be right in front of CA AI developers and not hiden in douzens of posts.
    Any way...
    Everyone has feedback. Even though your's is more comprehensive than most, imagine what would happen to the front page of this forum if everyone posted a thread on their beta patch 15 bugs.

    2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

    SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

  18. #98

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Please bare in mind these is all based on a small number of 1v1s between different grades of legionary's vs hoplites. (All tests were done allowing the Romans to expend their ammo and get the charge, which should give them a distinct advantage). So I tried out some quick unit 1v1s and the following is what I found: on average, with fire at will on, a roman legionary will kill between 4-7 men of an equivalent worth and armour type (With ultra unit size) (Legionaries vs. Thorax hoplites = 7k, 8k, 6k)(Praetorian Guard v Spartan Royals = 6k,4k,4k). In regard to putting swords v spears, equivalent worth, if there is even the slightest tiniest uphill, spears will win hands down. If on level fighting terms, mid price range swords vs mid price range spears will see a victory in favour of the swords, which they should. Shield bearers vs an evocati cohort will always end in favour of the hoplites, it seems to some extent the more elite the swords and spears facing eachother, the more likely the spears are to win (Even though there is a price difference of around 200, id expect my 200 less swords to beat the more expensive hoplites, just in term of the financial viability of the swords). In terms of balancing it has in many aspects nerfed romes capabilities. Being a faction that only has one viable, yet overpriced+ pre marian, spear unit. This game has always been about countering your oppositions units with yours, and it seems like now there really is much less of a point investing in sword units, at least in regard to Rome. Also, in regard to Romes effectiveness, the praetorian cav no longer has draco (don't know about the others one's), which really weakens there cavalry element as that ability was what kept the roman cav alive against other elite cav that cost the same yet have higher stats. For example I charged a static companion cavalry unit with praetorian cav (these have a price difference of 50 in favour of the romans) and all my cav could achieve was an equal ratio of kills. Which confused me seeing that melee cav now have bonuses against other cav, which is what I imagine to facilitate them taking the role of counter cav, whereas shock would then be more geared towards flanking maneuvers. I haven't tried this with other cav yet, but I think it serves to illuminate the weakness of roman cavalry.
    All in all, I think this patch has offered a lot of changes which are going to have a profound role on how the multiplayer is played, if things stay the way they are I think there will be a big move away from sword armed units towards the preference for spears on the flanks and a center of pikes (if they are now truly viable?), due to their relative fighting capacities and the added bonus of being anti-cav. I don't see how Rome can offer as much competitive multiplayer appeal as it did with these new changes, the loss of draco for the cav is like straddling those heavy clad roman veterans on Shetland pony's.
    Not a complaint, I can dig change, just what I've noticed. Figured i'd start testing the new patch and decided to start with rome who seem to have got the short end of the stick on this rebalance.
    When I have more time i'll test the other factions and see how it all works, I specifically want to test pikes and archers still, I saw on the forums they got buffed up,,
    Once I've done some more testing I can offer a more holistic view, but this is what I've noticed so far, hopefully it can offer some help to your balancing and development of this patch

  19. #99
    Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Great Britain.
    Posts
    11,147

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    Since no one plays out the entire length of the actual Empire, as the campaign will have resolved itself long before that, this argument is meaningless. By all means, have fun with vanilla, but do realize that you're reducing the game's immersion level for the sake of a historical reality that you will never see in any campaign you play.
    I play well beyond the `end` game. I played Empire until the year 2007 (I'll admit I was testing there) and very long in older TWs as well. Of course, how long I stick RTW2 out is another story, but if it's as good as it's getting I won't stop until I lose - and it won't be when the game tells me I've lost.

    Anyway, this 1t urn per year just shows how badly planned out the game was, especially when the only way they could implement seasons is by a completely unrealistic 1 season per year tack-on. I mean seriously? these are the PROGRAMMERS! they couldn't figure a better way? Anyone worth their salt would've planned it far better than this.

  20. #100

    Default Re: The TWC Emperor Edition Beta Feedback

    this was too funny not to post here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-09-03_00001.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	652.6 KB 
ID:	313314

    GRAVITY.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •